Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool v Chelsea match thread

Read 31465 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Liverpool v Chelsea match thread
      Reply #483: Feb 02, 2009 06:42:55 pm
      Well done on a good win yesterday, I said before the game I thought it would end up 0-0. Lampard was treated fairly harshly and I expect hisred card to be removed. The game was all ye'rs after that. Yossi was a menace when he came on. It could've been 3 or 4 nil. But it's easy to see Chelsea aint anything the team the were. There is no life in them.
      It's going to be Liverpool and Manchester fighting it out. The game at OT will be massive. You need a win there so it will be an exciting game to watch.

Bye bye Chelsea

Before this game, you Mancs were all too quick to dismiss us as title challengers, and now you dismiss Chelsea?
      They are still in with a shout, and so are we and all 3 teams will be going to the wire.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #484: Feb 02, 2009 06:44:13 pm
      and now you dismiss Chelsea?
      They are still in with a shout, and so are we and all 3 teams will be going to the wire.

Yeah - Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa will be fighting to the death! ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #485: Feb 02, 2009 06:44:19 pm
      Anybody notice the policeman and Rafa patting each other on the back after the game? Strange  :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #486: Feb 02, 2009 09:04:25 pm
      Just watched the highlights again and I'd just like to point out what a well worked goal the first one was, with the interchange between Kuyt and Gerrard and the super cross, that's the cutting edge stuff you need.

Also as Andy Gray, yes Andy Gray, pointed out the goal also showed why Alex is a 10 million pound defender and Torres a 20 million pound forward. The movement to get ahead of Alex was class and a lovely header too.

Willl never tire of that goal. One of the best this season in my view.
      SirAlex
      • You'll always be Mr Ferguson to Rafa.
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | -11 
      • Come in peace, friendly banter please.
      Reply #487: Feb 02, 2009 09:22:55 pm
      Before this game, you Mancs were all too quick to dismiss us as title challengers, and now you dismiss Chelsea?

Money bags Chelsea have just loaned Quaresma, who is the most overrated player for a long time. Nani is better than him and my god Nani annoys me. Only a fool would think Chelsea are a force like they were. I never rated them this year and i have post on this forum to pove it.
      You can come to OT and win, Chelsea can't. Thats a big advantage. But you need to win at OT, if you do there will be fireworks and if we win well it's pretty much over.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #488: Feb 02, 2009 09:47:25 pm
      Money bags Chelsea have just loaned Quaresma, who is the most overrated player for a long time. Nani is better than him and my god Nani annoys me. Only a fool would think Chelsea are a force like they were. I never rated them this year and i have post on this forum to pove it.
      You can come to OT and win, Chelsea can't. Thats a big advantage. But you need to win at OT, if you do there will be fireworks and if we win well it's pretty much over.

I don't rate Nani at all, nor do I Quaresma.
      And No, Chelsea aren't what they were under Maureen, but they are still a force, but not when facing such superior opposition such as ourselves.
      panos
      • fan from GREECE
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      • panos from Greece
      Reply #489: Feb 02, 2009 09:48:54 pm
      a great gift for roman. two gifts!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #490: Feb 05, 2009 04:48:46 pm
      About time!

Sky TV sacks fan for 'murder' jibe at Liverpool FC supporters on TV
      Feb 5 2009 Kevin Core and Luke Traynor

A CHELSEA FC fan was dropped by TV bosses after branding Liverpool supporters “murderers” live on air.

Barry Cracknell made the slur as he took part in Sky Sports’ popular FanZone feature during Sunday’s Premier League game against Chelsea at Anfield.

The Blues fan audibly called Reds supporters “murderers” as Liverpool celebrated Fernando Torres’s late goal.

The taunt is sometimes used by rival fans as an apparent reference to the death of Juventus fans at the Heysel stadium in 1985.

Father-of-one David Dennigan, of Dovecot, was watching the match on Sky with his young son Jack when Mr Cracknell made the comment.

He told the ECHO: “I always turn on FanZone because I cannot bear listening to Andy Gray.

“Most of the time, the fans are quite funny – they have a laugh and a bit of banter, but it is usually good-natured.

“Right near the end of the match, after one of the Torres goals, you could quite clearly hear Barry Cracknell call the Liverpool fans ‘murderers’.

“My son was watching with me and we both reacted to it – I was shocked and Jack asked ‘what did he mean?’.

“I told him I thought it was a reference to Heysel and he should not be allowed to get away with that sort of comment.

“The Liverpool fan who was watching was so excited about the goal, I do not think he heard.

“Sky must review their clips and they should be having a very close look at this one.”

Today, a spokesman for Sky Sports said they had watched the relevant clip and would take action.

It is understood Mr Cracknell will not be invited to take part in FanZone in the future.

The spokesman said: “FanZone commentators are fully briefed about their conduct and we take any lapses very seriously.

“We are taking a very careful look at the FanZone tapes and we will be talking to this fan about the commentary.

“In the meantime, he will not be used on any upcoming games.”

FanZone has gained a cult following over the years for its amusing verbal sparring between opposing fans.

The option allows viewers to watch supporters delivering the match commentary.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/02/05/sky-tv-sacks-fan-for-murder-jibe-at-liverpool-fc-supporters-on-tv-100252-22865405/
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #491: Feb 05, 2009 04:51:37 pm
      Just heard about this literally right now!!

The scumbag chav c**t!!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #492: Feb 05, 2009 04:56:26 pm
      I bet he heard others saying it so thought hed say it without having a clue what he was sayin the c**t. Probably watching football since 2004. Nothing a good slap wouldnt sort out
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #493: Feb 05, 2009 04:59:15 pm

And that's putting it nicely ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #494: Feb 05, 2009 11:55:32 pm
      Cheeky F***ing c**t. Probably thought he was safe in the little fanzone booth. Liverpool fan should of just belted him one there and then.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #495: Feb 06, 2009 12:49:29 am
      From reading the story I reckon the lad doing our commentary was going nuts at the time, so probably didn't hear him.

Would of been good to see what happened if the little shithouse would of said it when the Liverpool fan could of heard it. 

It's also funny how it took someone complaining about it for the dickhead to be pulled up about what he said.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #496: Feb 06, 2009 12:23:16 pm
      well i hope the day comes when video is used to determine what exactly happened even if they used it after the fact. top players especially strikers are abused physically  to much and not allowed to showcase there skills. good example torres.

Quick Reply