Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Is Rafa losing the dressing room ?

Read 3291 times
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Is Rafa losing the dressing room ?
      Jan 13, 2008 03:13:58 pm
      First let me say,I am not anti-Rafa or a doom and gloom merchant.
      I love Benitez.
      I will always respect and thank him. YNWA  IN RAFA I TRUST

However I feel that the players are not fighting for him on the field(apart from Carra&Torres),the performances recently have been average and they don't seem to be any fluency about the play,I see basic errors,which I can only assume comes from a lack of confidence.

Now unfortunately the results haven't gone his way,the media have smelt vulnerbility/unease in these difficult times and no one has come out and backed him, his chief exc,his owners and even more suprisingly his captain(something like Henry at Arsenal),which doesn't bode well for Rafa and I feel sorry for him.

Thankfully, you,the loyal liverpool faithful have backed Rafa and sung his name,which IMO is the only reason he is still at the helm
      and I hope and pray that Rafa can turn things around and be Livepool boss for years to come. 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Is Rafa losing the dressing room ?
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2008 03:22:15 pm
      First let me say,I am not anti-Rafa or a doom and gloom merchant.
      I love Benitez.
      I will always respect and thank him. YNWA  IN RAFA I TRUST

However I feel that the players are not fighting for him on the field(apart from Carra&Torres),the performances recently have been average and they don't seem to be any fluency about the play,I see basic errors,which I can only assume comes from a lack of confidence.

Now unfortunately the results haven't gone his way,the media have smelt vulnerbility/unease in these difficult times and no one has come out and backed him, his chief exc,his owners and even more suprisingly his captain(something like Henry at Arsenal),which doesn't bode well for Rafa and I feel sorry for him.

Thankfully, you,the loyal liverpool faithful have backed Rafa and sung his name,which IMO is the only reason he is still at the helm
      and I hope and pray that Rafa can turn things around and be Livepool boss for years to come. 

Top post mate....

Gerrard is probably more worried about those SAS boys not staring at his missus in her undies at home...

My message to SG would be:

Señor Gerrard YOUR boss ...when he has Lucas, Momo, Xabi and Masch to chose from ...has played YOU in the middle so that you don't sulk or play badly on the "graveyard shift" (alias the wing).

You are a lucky boy to have a boss that sacrifices what is often better for the team and squad for a role that suits ...YOU  ....as you have been such a brilliant player for so many years (both in the middle and the wing).

So what's up now? ...waiting for auntie Maureen (...again) to get your head in gear???

Pull your head out of your arse and start delivering some world-class performances as we know you can.

You are - potentially - the greatest player on planet earth - PROVE IT consistenly... your team and manager needs you (...again)... and if you can't given recent form - at least have a word with the jornous vultures in terms of YOUR support for Rafa... or is Parry pulling your strings too?

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008 03:24:36 pm by donrafael »
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2008 03:44:45 pm
      Top post mate....

Gerrard is probably more worried about those SAS boys not staring at his missus in her undies at home...

My message to SG would be:

Señor Gerrard YOUR boss ...when he has Lucas, Momo, Xabi and Masch to chose from ...has played YOU in the middle so that you don't sulk or play badly on the "graveyard shift" (alias the wing).

You are a lucky boy to have a boss that sacrifices what is often better for the team and squad for a role that suits ...YOU  ....as you have been such a brilliant player for so many years (both in the middle and the wing).

So what's up now? ...waiting for auntie Maureen (...again) to get your head in gear???

Pull your head out of your arse and start delivering some world-class performances as we know you can.

You are - potentially - the greatest player on planet earth - PROVE IT consistenly... your team and manager needs you (...again)... and if you can't given recent form - at least have a word with the jornous vultures in terms of YOUR support for Rafa... or is Parry pulling your strings too?

Hold on a sec mate what the F**k you trying to do Gerrard is not Liverpool he is one player and one player goes no way to making a team perform at the top of their ability captain or not.  Do you find it easier to pinpoint Benitez and/or Gerrard because they appear to hold the keys to the success that we deserve, it's a TEAM performance ffs and at the moment the TEAM is not performing as well as we know they can. Gees.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Jan 13, 2008 03:45:35 pm
      Agree with you aw1. If the players back Rafa, which I suppose they do, then its time for them to go out, take some blame on their own shoulders and back him in the media. Its much more difficult to sack a manager if he has the support of the players.

And then I think that Carra and Stevie should stand up in the dressing room before the next game and give the team a little lesson about what it means to pull on the red shirt, and how you grab yourself by the balls and go out and fight for the victory.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #4: Jan 13, 2008 06:41:59 pm
      The last couple of performances have been miserly in terms of the reds showing grit and determination.

This side do not have the famous Istanbul spirit that we come to expect from the men in red shirts.

Some of them are clearly in the comfort zone and somebody needs to shake them out of it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Jan 13, 2008 07:11:33 pm
      I dont believe RAFA is losing the dressing room, if he is some of our players are bloody good liars.There is quite a few of them who have come out over recent months praising RAFA and saying he is the reason they are at L.F.C..Even our new centre back said RAFA was the reason he signed for us.
      Ally
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 13, 2008 07:20:38 pm
      Watching LFC tv reminds me what your all talking about, the passion isnt there in the team at the minute. At the start of the season we looked like a team with the potential to rip the league apart. I think a bit of honesty from the yanks and Parry would help although i have lost some faith in Parry. Im going over to watch my first game at Anfield against Sunderland in Feb with my 9yr old daughter, i hope we have some clarity on the future of our club by then. We have total faith in Rafa that is without question, but do the players have that same faith in him? All the negative pressure can only be stopped when this team clicks again and starts banging out the wins every game. Can you imagine Carra and Stevie stirring up the passion in that dressing room !  Itd scare the s*it out a me ! But like you say JD somebody needs to shake them up
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Jan 13, 2008 11:36:00 pm
      Watching LFC tv reminds me what your all talking about, the passion isnt there in the team at the minute. At the start of the season we looked like a team with the potential to rip the league apart. I think a bit of honesty from the yanks and Parry would help although I have lost some faith in Parry. Im going over to watch my first game at Anfield against Sunderland in Feb with my 9yr old daughter, I hope we have some clarity on the future of our club by then. We have total faith in Rafa that is without question, but do the players have that same faith in him? All the negative pressure can only be stopped when this team clicks again and starts banging out the wins every game. Can you imagine Carra and Stevie stirring up the passion in that dressing room !  Itd scare the s*it out a me ! But like you say JD somebody needs to shake them up

Stevie stirring up passion in the dressing room? Are you talking about our Stevie G...

Now with Carra... now you are talking - Carra has more passion in one body than half of Anfield stadium when it's in library mode!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2008 09:54:52 am
      Hyypia has come out today and shownhow sick he is of all the speculation surrounding rafas future
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2008 10:23:10 am
      Hold on a sec mate what the F**k you trying to do Gerrard is not Liverpool he is one player and one player goes no way to making a team perform at the top of their ability captain or not.  Do you find it easier to pinpoint Benitez and/or Gerrard because they appear to hold the keys to the success that we deserve, it's a TEAM performance ffs and at the moment the TEAM is not performing as well as we know they can. Gees.

Gerrard is team captain - and he should be representing the players when it comes to explicit support for Rafa - but no Sami has to do it (with a tad more maturity and common sense than our present Capt - somebody argue that one!)

Also SG performances of late have been average by his truly brilliant, world-class high standards, he seems the first distracted party - so probably finding it hard to lead by EXAMPLE.

If anybody should be helping the gaffer and ensuring his pals are not distracted -it's SG - TEAM CAPTAIN and Media Icon. For me at least, it's very, very clear.

IRWT
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 10:29:50 am by donrafael »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2008 10:26:20 am
      Agree with you aw1. If the players back Rafa, which I suppose they do, then its time for them to go out, take some blame on their own shoulders and back him in the media. Its much more difficult to sack a manager if he has the support of the players.

And then I think that Carra and Stevie should stand up in the dressing room before the next game and give the team a little lesson about what it means to pull on the red shirt, and how you grab yourself by the balls and go out and fight for the victory.

Grab eachother by the balls works better... not from experience like... but I can imagine the cry...

"We are going to rip them apart aren't we team?"...(all in a circle, each one smiling to the one on the right, while grabbing the essential of the one to the left" (what a mental image).

In all seriousness, the senior members of the squad, the Capt - the Vice Capt - must stand-up and be counted, Rafa would appreciate it - even if he tells them he doesn't... it's not rocket science to work out that Stevie G - above all others due to his Captaincy should NOW come out and use his vorcal chords in support of Rafa. 

For the record, I think SG is the best player at the club, even above Torres (by a way too) - but in the human savvy skills - the boy has buckets to learn and should be more prepared to voice his opinion in representation of the players without fear - he is the single biggest force at the club.

IRWT
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 10:33:27 am by donrafael »
      Arshad 4pool
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -1 
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2008 01:21:38 pm
      Rafa has been great for OUR club,but we seek explanation.why for heaven's sake does he not play crouch like he does the 2 non-scoring strikers in kuyt and vernoin. I'm no great crouch fan, but he seems like pele as compared to those two.why is rafa targeting crouch.we demand explanation. His personal likes and dislikes are ruining liverpool.at start of season rafa gave the reason for omission of crouch that he wants to rotate .In that case kuyt and crouch should have  play equal games.It is not that kuyt has set epl on fire with his goals.Then why does rafa prefer kuyt and equally useless vernoin to crouch.Atleast give the england striker a decent chance or sell him. dont torture him like this for personal reasons.The way fans  supported rafa openly against americans, lets show similar support for crouch before tomorrow's luton game.Let rafa realise this and give a valid explanation.YWNWA. But at moment crouch is walking alone
      Arshad 4pool
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2008 01:44:11 pm
      I agree .SG is captain of football club, the best player and biggest voice. he should show more fire when speaking to fellow guys, especially foreigners.Club is in crisis for many reasons.He shouldn't remain silent. he should try to encourage all, including us depressed fans. Lets start the club revival 
      marronthered
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2008 08:21:32 pm
      Rafa has been great for OUR club,but we seek explanation.why for heaven's sake does he not play crouch like he does the 2 non-scoring strikers in kuyt and vernoin. I'm no great crouch fan, but he seems like pele as compared to those two.why is rafa targeting crouch.we demand explanation. His personal likes and dislikes are ruining liverpool.at start of season rafa gave the reason for omission of crouch that he wants to rotate .In that case kuyt and crouch should have  play equal games.It is not that kuyt has set epl on fire with his goals.Then why does rafa prefer kuyt and equally useless vernoin to crouch.Atleast give the england striker a decent chance or sell him. dont torture him like this for personal reasons.The way fans  supported rafa openly against americans, lets show similar support for crouch before tomorrow's luton game.Let rafa realise this and give a valid explanation.YWNWA. But at moment crouch is walking alone

i couldnt agree more vorynin is not an lfc player - kuyt is a tireless worker so tirless that he should take over samii hyypia in defence?!?
      crouch is an average striker at best but has a bit more finishing quality than kuyt or borinyin!!!
      crouch is also eager to prove himself and the passion that seems to be lacking in the present team is present in crouchy - get him on rafa u have nothing to lose (except ur job)!!! ynwa

Quick Reply