Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

** Investment News - finally the LFC TAKEOVER! (Part 1) **

Read 52463 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: ** LFC Investment News
      Reply #23: Nov 28, 2006 12:29:42 pm
      If we do get a bid i'd be checking the cash, to make sure it's not cash from that bank robbery in northern ireland last year!!!
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #24: Nov 28, 2006 01:13:35 pm
      If we do get a bid i'd be checking the cash, to make sure it's not cash from that bank robbery in northern ireland last year!!!

??? that was the IRA i really dont think they would be taking over Liverpool, im from belfast really hope the Belfast guy gets it !  ;D
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 28, 2006 02:39:50 pm
      If we get taken over does that only mean helped investment for new stadium or would it mean much more £££ for transfers?
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #26: Nov 28, 2006 03:06:00 pm
      If we get taken over does that only mean helped investment for new stadium or would it mean much more £££ for transfers?

both.. i think.. yea
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 28, 2006 04:38:48 pm
      bit of both i hope
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 04, 2006 12:21:03 am
      Dubai Holding then in the driving seat. 

Rumours of £250 million just to buy David Moores shares off him - that's his pay off....

Then they will have to invest £160 million in our stadium.

Maybe Moores will then hand the £250 million over to Rafa to buy some F***ing decent players.

Or....

Maybe not.

Big announcement due at the AGM which I believe is this month.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #29: Dec 04, 2006 01:23:43 am
      Plus the debt we are in!
      Shocking!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Dec 04, 2006 11:58:04 am
      Now appears to be Gillett according to sunday manc even used what koolkidda said in one of his earlier posts

The best a kop can get - 45O million - this is what was being quoted in yesterdays sunday manc

Being honest here I think the money is now more needed for the shiny new stadium of rick's - whether that means a complete takeover not sure yet

Anyone else out there with cash burning a hole in there pockets - how about osama bin laden :cool-smiley-027: (i know he's supposed to be an arsenal fan) >:D

kim
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 04, 2006 03:50:06 pm
      heard today that the arabian interest are going through the books as we speak and for all the worried reds gillete is french
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Dec 04, 2006 03:57:50 pm
      Yep just seen the front page of the echo, didn't realise Dubai Holdings meant that guy Sheikh Mohamed, one rich b***ard and according to Bascombe his personal fortune dwarfs that of Abramovich. :ernaehrung004:

The guy apparently spent six million on one horse, if this deal is done and we do get investment, we'll have to get some of them 50 quid gerrard notes to wave at stamford bridge

Stick yer roubles up yer arse!!

liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #33: Dec 04, 2006 04:26:32 pm
      liverpool fc have just confirmed talks are ongoing with dubai international about possible investment
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Dec 04, 2006 04:39:31 pm
      To all Liverpool fans on here who have sky check out SSN and the sky news sports bulletins - their newsreaders when reporting the story look f***in gutted ha ha ha chavski loving gobshites

This investment news has never really bothered me before, yet I read the headlines about the yank yesterday - and his 450 million offer - which would of probably just about cover the cost of the stadium.

But today's news has cheered me up slightly as said in a previous post - I didn't realise this Dubai Holdings Investment group was anything to do with that Sheikh Mohammed guy

Apparently an avid sports fan and also into endurance sports - wait til he watches one of our cup finals!!!

From what I saw in the echo - that 80 million debt will be cleared, stadium paid for (can we be cheeky and ask for a 70,000 ground, plus it'll keep the whoppers on the council happy) and of course transfer funds for rafa
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 04, 2006 04:55:29 pm
      the sheikh,is the 5th richest man in the world and makes that russian chump at chelski look like small fry.Seriously though he has a sound business back round and has made improvements everywhere hes been.This is great news :)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #36: Dec 04, 2006 06:35:19 pm
      I'm getting excited just thinking about this, new ground, no debt and money to spend on more players.....love the bit about his fortune dwarfs that of Abramovich !!  Just one worry though, i hope his company doesnt want a mention on the new shirts,  DUBAI INTERNATIONAL CAPITAL.....DIC !!!!!   :laughing-smiley-014:  :ernaehrung004:
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #37: Dec 04, 2006 06:48:35 pm
      Love my horse racing so know quite a bit about the Maktoums.

Not only do they have some of the best horses in the world ubder their Godolphin banner they also have great horse running in their own colours. The Maktoum family being

Sheikh Mohammed
      Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum
      Sheikh Maktoum Al Maktoum (recently deceased)
      Sheikh Ahmed Al Maktoum
      Shekih Obaid Al Maktoum
      Sheikh Arwan Al Maktoum

and one or 2 others.

They are contsantly aiming to be the best in the what they do and regularly put their money into the racing world, buying, sponsoring etc. At the American horse sales their bidding wars with Coolmore (John Magnier, Micahel Tabor, JP McManus) et al are becoming legendary. Often topping the $10 million barrier for horses.

Sheikmh Mohammed and family have a bigger vision of just winning the biggest and best races in the world.....

It is Dubai. All their investments all their big races won, they are constantly doing it in the name of the capital of the UAE.

Buying Liverpool is in my opinion as they are a world name in the sport is getting the name of Dubai recognised further in the world. OK why hasn't he gone for Madrid or Barcelona or the likes. Well Sheikh Mohammed loves Britain. He owns large chunks of the British countryside as well as a multitude of properties. He is not one of these veiled Sheikhs in sunglasses. He is often seen n Newmarket in t-shirt and jeans and flat cap. So it would make sense to get the biggest available name in England as he loves the place.

Furthermore I've just heard on Granada Reports (local North west news) some fella saying the investment will be that but nothing else. I disagree as well as being very rich the more he promotes Dubai the more the money will end up back in his pocket, albeit indirectly. He is the kind of man to strive to make Liverpool the biggest name because this is what he does.

Sheikh Mohammed is very much in touch with the Western World and if with the help with mainly British businessmen & architects they  are making Dubai great. Even with it being a muslim country he has lifted the ban of drinking alcohol to non-muslims (in designated areas at certain times) making it more more attracive to outsiders to invest and visit. You only have to say the word beer in some muslim coutries and you'll lose a hand.

So if it is true we couldn't have hoped for a better investor. Making money from Liverpool won't be his aim. Although don't be surprised to see the next few pre-seasons in Dubai.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #38: Dec 04, 2006 07:03:34 pm
      Fancy a holiday in Dubai, got a good reason to go now !!  (not that i needed a good reason before !!)   ;D
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 04, 2006 07:38:07 pm
      I have just seen Skysports News and the impression I get is that this is the best news the club has had in years.

We can now compete with the Chavs and Mancs but with this new source of cash eclipse what they have invested.

It is not a case that the  bragging rights our now ours because the deal is not yet done but this does suggest that our future is now secure.

Bring on the transfer speculation....Torres,Henry!!!

Please spare us from wearing DIC on our shirts though!
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2006 07:39:15 pm by Xabi1309 »
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 04, 2006 07:38:26 pm
      i wont beleve it untill its all dun and dusted. i only hope we dont turn out like chaves and become hated all round. Liverpool has got a prowd name and history. so i only hope we become loved even more if it happens!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #41: Dec 04, 2006 07:49:47 pm
      Don't worry Madzz.....he have a proud history and heritage.

Something the Mancs and Chavs could never buy!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42: Dec 04, 2006 08:13:55 pm
      Bootle Buck that beaut on Granada Reports was in fact Prof Tom Cannon (a bluenose) hence the grid on him (looking miserable)
      he's been on SSN several times and loadsa reds fans have got onto the fact he talks sh*te.

Was a bit knackered before, what with watching the cricket the last couple of nights, so I think I was rambling a bit in one or two of my last posts, but if you've seen the echo you will now know that the yank gillet wanted the idea of groundsharing back on the agenda which explains why our board are quite happy with the decision to go with DIC
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 04, 2006 08:47:17 pm
      well lets just see what happens then i hope this groundsharing goes out the window quicker than everton in europe
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Dec 04, 2006 09:09:08 pm
       :laughing-smiley-014: i hope this groundsharing goes out the window quicker than everton in europe

Funny that !!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #45: Dec 04, 2006 09:13:36 pm
      i wont beleve it untill its all dun and dusted. i only hope we dont turn out like chaves and become hated all round. Liverpool has got a prowd name and history. so i only hope we become loved even more if it happens!

We've earned our name in history so no worries there Madzz, people can say what they like, we are proven champions without the mega bucks.  :ernaehrung004:

Quick Reply