Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gerrard back in the middle - its official

Read 1933 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Gerrard back in the middle - its official
      Nov 16, 2006 08:11:34 am
      Did anyone see the interview with Stevie after the England game last night, he stated that Rafa has agreed to play him more in the middle now that Momo is out.  He also said that we need to start pikcing points up away from home ( i know thats pointing out the obvious !)  starting from this week at Middlesbrough, so i think he was hinting at being backin the middle from this week.   
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2006 10:18:29 pm by JD »
      j.leslie8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: Gerrard back in the middle - its official
      Reply #1: Nov 16, 2006 08:17:00 am
      Thats good news, but not until the team sheet is final will i be completely sure of this. You never know with Rafa
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Nov 16, 2006 04:57:49 pm
      Better f***in' had put him back in the middle.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Nov 16, 2006 04:59:03 pm
      No more nonsence from Zenden  :-\
      lfc_5_euros
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 16, 2006 05:27:51 pm
      put the lad back where he belongs look wen he was in the middle wen pennant came on against arsenal.....i kno sh*t result but he created 2 chances that i saw clearly get stevie back where he belongs ;)
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 16, 2006 07:16:03 pm
      thank christ  (or benitez)
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #6: Nov 16, 2006 07:34:46 pm
      I know a lot has been said on the subject, but I would just like to point out something.

Last season we started the season 'nearly' as badly as we did this season with Gerrard in the middle.  Then in early Novemeber Gerrard was switched to the right wing, with Alonso and Momo staying in the middle.

What happened? We went on a 13 match winning run.

Liverpool looked awesome last year at times with Gerrard on the right.  I think our current problems are more to do with confidence than Gerrard's positioning.
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #7: Nov 16, 2006 09:50:25 pm
      I know a lot has been said on the subject, but I would just like to point out something.

Last season we started the season 'nearly' as badly as we did this season with Gerrard in the middle.  Then in early Novemeber Gerrard was switched to the right wing, with Alonso and Momo staying in the middle.

What happened? We went on a 13 match winning run.

Liverpool looked awesome last year at times with Gerrard on the right.  I think our current problems are more to do with confidence than Gerrard's positioning.

im with you on this one mate
      Red 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 17, 2006 12:27:48 am
      Thats true. But with Momo out for 3 months, I say its best we put Gerrard back in the middle for now.
      heri_id
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 17, 2006 06:27:30 am
      This is a dilemma for Benitez.

G is much better as RM than Pennant. And no one can replace Momo as good as SG.
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #10: Nov 17, 2006 02:49:27 pm
      All this debate about Stevie G in the middle or on the right is getting really tiresome, it doesnt matter where he plays cos he will roam across the pitch and from box to box anyway, the real debate should be about how to accomdate all the midfield talent we have, Stevie played some blinding stuff last year on the right, but also when he switched to the right DURING games after starting in the centre. Paul Tompkins wrote some really intersting stuff in his lfc.tv column about it. Let stevie play his game and worry about sorting the rest of the midfield around him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #11: Nov 18, 2006 09:57:54 pm
      All this gerrard in middle or not is f*ckin s*ite, in the end rafa picks the team positions, tactics etc not sky, press or any other ex-professionals who probably only care about f*ckin england anyway

he played in the middle today and was less than inspirational and the crossing from pennant was rank, part of the reason gerrard plays on the right is because of his crossing ability, also can cut in and shoot
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #12: Nov 18, 2006 10:49:31 pm
      He was very tame today,played well within himself,i think he need momo behind him covering,momo gives him freedom.Alonso doesnt look like himself,everything he does seems laboured. >:(

Quick Reply