Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Realistic Summer Buys

Read 18391 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Realistic Summer Buys
      Reply #23: Apr 16, 2006 01:00:36 pm
      Quote from: "lukey loves liverpool"
      has gonzales definatley signed for us then because im was quite frustrated when the deal fell through at the start of this season
      He could'nt get a work permit, were appealin at da end of the season
      RD33red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Realistic Summer Buys
      Reply #24: Apr 16, 2006 01:58:08 pm
      we need to off load Nando and Cisse. With the money put in a serious bid for Torres & with Birmingham going down this year we should dive in and acquire Pennant. Pennant will bite your hand off to get to Anfield. He's a Liverpool fan and hoped we'd come in for him before Birmingham offered him a full contract. Plus in my opinion I can't see Spurs letting Defoe come to us, so I'd rather spend less money and get a better striker in Belamy!
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Realistic Summer Buys
      Reply #25: Apr 16, 2006 08:09:37 pm
      i believe that not one liverpool fan wouldnt mind seeing owen come bak to the kop or perhaps jermaine defoe could be a likely target though im not bothered as long as cisse goes

I'm a Liverpool fan and I wouldn't want Owen back... not because he's no good, but because we'd be buying him back for more than we sold him for and that's just cutting into our budget for buying another striker to replace him when he's sat on the bench with an injury.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Realistic Summer Buys
      Reply #26: Apr 17, 2006 10:18:14 am
      Quote from: "giddy76"
      i believe that not one liverpool fan wouldnt mind seeing owen come bak to the kop or perhaps jermaine defoe could be a likely target though im not bothered as long as cisse goes

I'm a Liverpool fan and I wouldn't want Owen back... not because he's no good, but because we'd be buying him back for more than we sold him for and that's just cutting into our budget for buying another striker to replace him when he's sat on the bench with an injury.

I wouldn't want him neither, far to injury prone for my liking, the weather here doesn't suit him, look at his record so far at NEWCASTLE, i heard from a little bird that we have got a straight swap lined up with Everton - Arteta for Cisse.  What do you make of that ?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Realistic Summer Buys
      Reply #27: Apr 17, 2006 11:02:00 am
      Quote from: "smigger15"
      Quote from: "giddy76"

I wouldn't want him neither, far to injury prone for my liking, the weather here doesn't suit him, look at his record so far at NEWCASTLE, i heard from a little bird that we have got a straight swap lined up with Everton - Arteta for Cisse.  What do you make of that ?
      I want cisse out but i wouldn't want arteta, i'd rather use the money on someone like kuyt, or someone along those lines
      lukey loves liverpool
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Realistic Summer Buys
      Reply #28: Apr 17, 2006 11:23:47 am

i totaly agree with what you are saying about the money althogh you can not denie that he would be a striker with serious ability aswe all know and after the world cup im sure he wont want to be playing for the geordies

Quick Reply