Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Difference between now & May 2005

Read 1302 times
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Difference between now & May 2005
      Nov 16, 2006 01:25:07 pm
      I think we have got much better players now but sometimes i think our players don't know the meaning of playin for the badge upon their chests!

May 2005:
      Dudek - Born a Liverpool fan and had been at the club for some time, very nice person too
      Traore - Weak link in team but saved our arse in the final when he cleared the ball away from the line from Shevchenko's shot
      Hyypia - Been Liverpool for ages and was once a captain of the team for some time so he knows what it means to play for us
      Carragher - Made the best tackles around in the final... even with cramp, was not going to give up... ever!
      Finnan - unlucky in the final with injury at half time.
      Hammann - no's what this club is all about, gave us his all and was the key to the final (sad to see him go we need him now)
      Alonso - I think season 2004/05 was his best year at Liverpool FC by a mile!
      Gerrard - Think this was his best year for LFC too, was not going to leave LFC without lifting a major trophy and he stays!
      Garcia - His best year at LFC, scored the crucial goals against Juve & Chelsea and he gives his all
      Smicer - The club was in his heart so he always gave 110%
      Baros - always gave us his all, was not the best infront of goal but always tried!

Now:
      Gerrard - Not as good as he was last 2 seasons... hopefully bad luck just like lastnite v holland
      Alonso - Very poor this season compared to first and second
      Finnan - Age gettin ahead of him now, was quality last season
      Carragher - Not playin aswell as last season or season before but trys his hardest
      Hyypia - would always give his all but he is loosing pace
      Reina - I don't think he really gives a sh!t about us anymore

Anyway what im tryin to say is that we have got top quality players now but i just don't think they are all puttin in 110%... i know that Hyypia, Carra & Stevie all put in 110% everygame but i think others who make out they love Lfc.... really don't!

You can tell by players who put in their all and when i watch liverpool these days they just don't look like they want it!

If there are some players i have to keep then its:

Sissoko - As commited as you get, works his socks off every single game
      Gerrard - Captain of LFC, looks quiet because of RW role
      Kuyt - Works as hard as anyone for this club, need more players like him
      Carra - Once a Everton fan now a Liverpool fan, seen the light and never says die
      Luis Garcia - I think he really loves this club, always trys and makes things happen
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2006 01:30:31 pm by OhNo »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Difference between now & May 2005
      Reply #1: Nov 16, 2006 05:13:10 pm
      You forgot one person, no one will agree with me but I don't care.
      Harry Kewell.
      He's had his moments, had his injuries... and still hasn't given up.
      From last season he really impressed me. And I thought he could really hit it off that season, but it wasn't to be.
      He's a top quality player, I'd love him to stay for ages. But as people know, the injuries are a cause for concern. Even Rafa himself is supporting Harry and I know exactly were Rafa is coming from. Hope to see Harry before or just after new year.
      YNWA.
      lfc_5_euros
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 16, 2006 05:39:42 pm
      agree totally even if im the only person that does ;D but harry was hittin form not quite the leeds form but was good enough and he trys alot i also like gonzalez just think he is tryin to hard and needs to calm down a bit...even if it means benchin him for a couple games just calm down lad u will be fine

talk to kuyty ;D
       ;D
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #3: Nov 16, 2006 07:39:46 pm
      Harry Kewell.

:o :o Really.  Thought he had.
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: Nov 16, 2006 08:50:56 pm
      You forgot one person, no one will agree with me but I don't care.
      Harry Kewell.
      From last season he really impressed me. And I thought he could really hit it off that season, but it wasn't to be.
      He's a top quality player, I'd love him to stay for ages. But as people know, the injuries are a cause for concern. Even Rafa himself is supporting Harry and I know exactly were Rafa is coming from. Hope to see Harry before or just after new year.
      YNWA.

totally agree kewell is top quality cant wait to see him back
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 17, 2006 03:11:54 pm
      I am with Court LFC and LFC kid

Kewell is class, has been so unlucky with injuries but has never given up, or slagged off the club or talked to the press about how upset he was about the criticism he has recieved, the boy is top class and I cant wait to see him back

We saw the real Harry last season, and the goal against spurs was a timely reminder of what a talent he is, watch this space Harry-Haters!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #6: Nov 17, 2006 05:29:56 pm
      completly agree harry has been top quality always gives his all.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 17, 2006 09:26:40 pm
      i think when kewell's back hes back for good he is one of the best wingers in the world if he can keep away from injury for 2 to 3 seasons

Quick Reply