Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

03.02.09 A day I will remember for a long time

Read 5575 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      03.02.09 A day I will remember for a long time
      Feb 03, 2009 01:20:32 pm
      I woke this morning really expecting just a another normal day 9-5 in the office, my usual forum fix and the gymnasium after work.
      Little did I know that a few dramatic things were going to occur;

1. Redundacy- Working for an American company listed on the American stock exchange the companies values dropped a dramatic 48%, overnight!!!!  the company immediately announced the redundancy of 230 employees world wide. Being at the company for a short period of time <12 months I was on the redundacy list along with 21 others in Australia. One was also a supply chain director. I was shocked ..still am that it happened so sudden and with immediate effect. I am also dissapointed because I took on so much additional work the last 3 months for the same pay  >:(
      I am in a bit of a pickle now really stressed at the moment as I have a personal loan to repay and know its going to be really tough finding another job given the current economic situation. I will be really more gutted if a 24yr old with an MBA can not get employment at this day and age.  ??? ???

2. Keane going back to Tottenham- Well nowehere near as important as the first event but still shook me up a little even though it was half expected.

Anybody else in a similar situation with employment or any fu**ed up life occurances of late??
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Re: 03.02.09 A day I will remember for a long time
      Reply #1: Feb 03, 2009 02:24:17 pm
      Sorry to hear you're news fella.

Sounds like the company have made the redundancy move to appease the investors rather than consider their employees.  I'm sure a few people on here have endured some job difficulties over the past few months and I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Look on the bright side  - you could have been made redundant and be over here in the freezing cold.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #2: Feb 03, 2009 02:27:36 pm
      and phil Easton has passed away, another sad part of the day
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #3: Feb 03, 2009 02:35:18 pm
      I ran out of bread, so just had to butter my Spam.

Its a sad day for me also. 

:(
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Feb 03, 2009 04:42:42 pm
      Sorry to hear your news Dado, it's the same bad news all over at the moment, people I knew back in England have been made redundant from their jobs too.

I'm sure it must be hard right now, but keep your head held high and a positive attitude - I'm certain you'll find a way to make ends meet and a new job.

Hearing news like this just makes me feel even more sick to the stomach when I think about rich tw*ts like G&H, sitting back doing F**k all and milking riches out of the club aloing the way. cu*ts. The day they sell they're sure to line their pockets even more.  :f_steam:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Feb 03, 2009 04:43:45 pm
      I ran out of bread, so just had to butter my Spam.

Its a sad day for me also. 

:(

I know your just having a laugh, but the lad just tells us all some really bad news and that's the best you can come up with?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Feb 03, 2009 05:26:09 pm
      Sorry to hear your news mate.Regroup, stay positive and focused and good things will come.

Good luck going forward.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Feb 03, 2009 05:49:30 pm
      You'll Never Walk Alone Dado  ;D Keep positive and just remember your a RED.

Hope something comes up for you soon.

:hug:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Feb 03, 2009 05:54:13 pm
      Aw !!  sorry to hear that Dado, keep your chin up mate, I'm sure something will come up very soon.   :hug:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Feb 03, 2009 05:58:12 pm
      Keep your head up Dadorious mate. The same thing happened to my mum last year and it's such a shock to the system.

These things happen for a reason though and hopefully it could be the start of a new and happy direction in your life. Good luck fella.

YNWA!!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #10: Feb 03, 2009 06:24:39 pm
      Dad sorry mate I know its crap and I do hope you find something to solve your problem soon.
      We in the construction Industry have a major problem at the moment with the import of foriegn workers that is going to explode men all over the country are all ready on unoficial walk outs whitch can cost them jobs and liverlyhood, they have even brought a ship in to house them if anyone has seen the news they should realise tha the British workforce are being shafted good and proper I do not want to get on a soap box but a lot of people don't realise the significane of the situation.
      British jobs are at risk. I am not B.N.P. but this country of ours is too open.

Best of luck mate I do hope you can get things sorted and my heart felt wishes go out to you. el batez.Y.N.W.A.   
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #11: Feb 03, 2009 07:27:07 pm
      Sorry too Dadorious.Came close myself in December was in bottom six of which two had to go.Just made it but felt gutted for two colleagues that had to go!! Try and keep positive mate as you have seen by the posting we're all here for you.Good Luck.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Feb 03, 2009 07:32:45 pm
      Dadorious mate, sorry to hear that.

Mate, with an MBA, you should be up and running in no time. All the best bud.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #13: Feb 03, 2009 07:38:43 pm
      Sorry about that Dadorious. Reading this thread it's hit me just how serious this economic crisis is.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Feb 03, 2009 07:46:06 pm
      Sorry about your news Dado.

There'll be light at the end of the tunnel though mate. It can't last forever this.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Feb 03, 2009 09:14:16 pm
      Sorry to hear that Dadorious.

I'm sure things will get better for you, and i hope that they do.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #16: Feb 03, 2009 09:17:03 pm
      Sorry  to hear your news, hope you get on your feet soon.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #17: Feb 03, 2009 09:23:20 pm
      chin up dado,

there's a lot of this going around unfortunately.

stay positive and hopefully things will take a turn for the better.
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Feb 03, 2009 10:36:54 pm
      Thanks all for your positive posts they are very encouraging and have put a smile on my face  :)

I will be working on my resume today and firing off as many applications as possible...hopefully I should be into another role within a few weeks.

Thanks all again!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Feb 04, 2009 01:05:23 am
      Thanks all for your positive posts they are very encouraging and have put a smile on my face  :)

I will be working on my resume today and firing off as many applications as possible...hopefully I should be into another role within a few weeks.

Thanks all again!

YNWA fella!  ;)

Good luck with the applications.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Feb 04, 2009 05:25:26 am
      Geez, i feel terrible for you mate. As that happened for you my dad got a massive pay rise, which while it helps us with building our new house, makes me feel guilty that we are so lucky for this and there are people like you who are struggling with debt and of course the extremes some others have to go through.

Hopefully this stimulus package Rudd says will secure some jobs will really help people like you in your position. Your young, you have alot to offer with an MBA so fingers crossed someone snaps you up. Good luck with everything, just got to stay positive in times like this.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #21: Feb 04, 2009 10:39:15 am
      Sorry about your bad news Dadorious, but with your MBA you'll soon get some offers I'm sure !
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #22: Feb 09, 2009 12:06:29 am
      I woke this morning really expecting just a another normal day 9-5 in the office, my usual forum fix and the gymnasium after work.
      Little did I know that a few dramatic things were going to occur;

1. Redundacy- Working for an American company listed on the American stock exchange the companies values dropped a dramatic 48%, overnight!!!!  the company immediately announced the redundancy of 230 employees world wide. Being at the company for a short period of time <12 months I was on the redundacy list along with 21 others in Australia. One was also a supply chain director. I was shocked ..still am that it happened so sudden and with immediate effect. I am also dissapointed because I took on so much additional work the last 3 months for the same pay  >:(
      I am in a bit of a pickle now really stressed at the moment as I have a personal loan to repay and know its going to be really tough finding another job given the current economic situation. I will be really more gutted if a 24yr old with an MBA can not get employment at this day and age.  ??? ???

2. Keane going back to Tottenham- Well nowehere near as important as the first event but still shook me up a little even though it was half expected.

Anybody else in a similar situation with employment or any fu**ed up life occurances of late??

Aw mate good luck with the job searching. YNWA

Quick Reply