Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

03.02.09 A day I will remember for a long time

Read 5562 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: 03.02.09 A day I will remember for a long time
      Reply #23: Feb 09, 2009 12:17:10 am
      sorry to hear this dadaourus,
      i am in a similar situation and have been for about a year now, the secret is to retrain while you are off and diversify so you can become very valuable to a future employer, im in IT and if you dont constantly train, your left behind..... i have some other jobs up my sleave and some self employment it is the most rewarding and enjoyable type of employment .... and you just answer to yourself
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #24: Feb 09, 2009 07:55:39 pm
      Dadorious how are things mate any joy yet,you know we all wish you the best of luck.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Feb 10, 2009 08:25:36 am
      Yes I have an interview lined up this Thursday. I have sent off two applications so far so a 1 out of 2 hit rate is not bad at all. With my payout due this Friday I should be fine for the next 4 or 5 weeks. But thanks all for your words of encouragement I will update as soon as I sign on that dotted line.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #26: Feb 10, 2009 11:14:58 am
      Yes I have an interview lined up this Thursday. I have sent off two applications so far so a 1 out of 2 hit rate is not bad at all. With my payout due this Friday I should be fine for the next 4 or 5 weeks. But thanks all for your words of encouragement I will update as soon as I sign on that dotted line.

Looking good, mate!

Great news, and best of luck for Thursday! ;)
      liverpoolgirl
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 10, 2009 12:57:52 pm
      One of my male friends have just come out of prison where he spent 4 years.

He as just walked straight into a job £270 pw something to do with the government!

I'm not really that much clued up on it but it just make me angry that a criminal can get a job so easy with the help of them when decent hard working people are not getting anywhere or any help to get work. 
      don't get me wrong I'm made up for my friend that he got a job
      but it just makes me a wee bit angry!!.

good luck dadorious for the future xx
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #28: Feb 10, 2009 01:09:22 pm
      Dado,

I found myself in the same predicament last year. A year after graduating I was made redundant from my graduate role, fortunately the payout was instant, first thing I did was take a holiday as I was covered for 3 months in terms of my car and personal loan payments. I came back from holiday and managed to get a temp contract with a large manufacturing company on a good wage but 80 mile a day round trip, the wages were going straight into fuel and I was struggling to get by. Last December, I started my job (6 month contract) with the local council in a purchasing role (an area I graduated in) which was 8 miles door-to-door. It was however £5000 less than my previous job, however I can promise you that the lack of money has not bothered me at all, I am so happy in this job right now, even though I cant afford to pay my loan back (obviously the car has priority, cant get to work without it) the Citizens Advice guys have helped me and I have made arrangements with the bank to pay a much smaller but significant payment monthly in line with a budget created.

The only negative is that mine and my fiancees relationship has taken a hit (stress, arguments, etc) and now my main focus is to win back her heart, after I've been such an idiot in taking eveything out on her.

Just remeber money isnt everything, the people in and around your life are, the experiences you share with them, interactions. An advantage for you now is that you can regroup and gun for what you really want.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Feb 10, 2009 04:37:16 pm
      Dadorious....... I wish you all the best for Thursday...........finge rs crossed for you.

Alastair.......Hope you manage to sort things out in your love life, good luck to you, and don't give up.

Keep positive guys.  ;D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #30: Feb 10, 2009 05:24:39 pm
      Best of luck Dadorious.

Hope it all works out for you mate.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #31: Feb 10, 2009 09:18:22 pm
      Update, me and the missus broke up earlier, I feel like a massive weight has been lifted to be honest.

Only drawback is journeys to Annnie on my own.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #32: Feb 10, 2009 09:52:51 pm
      Head up son, I have been in bad situations myself.  I know it sounds crap and condescending but things will get better and may just think of it as a blessing one day!

Quick Reply