Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Long Ball Style, General defence talk.....

Read 3662 times
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Long Ball Style, General defence talk.....
      Nov 18, 2006 01:01:59 pm
      Does this style actually suit us anymore? It use to suit us with Houllier but now i think we should only kick it long if its an emergency to get the ball away.

I have noticed that our defenders (Carragher most guilty) sometimes hoof the ball up long to Crouch and then we lose possesion. Carragher, Hyypia & Riise are most guilty for it still.

I think when Paletta comes in and Agger secures his place i think those 2 defenders will like the ball at their feet.

Hyypia & Carragher have been CB partners for quite some time now, i can see Paletta & Agger being top CB partners in the near future and they also both have very good technique
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Long Ball Style, General defence talk.....
      Reply #1: Nov 18, 2006 04:02:26 pm
      I am officially, making this public.
      You ARE FamousLiverbird
      Your obsessive dislike for players like Carragher and our Manager Benitez.
      As Jabba said earlier, you are going to be the first person on this forum to be banned twice.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 18, 2006 04:31:10 pm
      He has been banned.  For a day.  Next time it will be permanent.
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 19, 2006 07:23:23 pm
      omg gettin banned because of dislikin of some players lfc have? how sad... im not like you.. i dont follow the crowd and wear the same clothes as others, im not gonna like rock music just cause my mates do, im not gonna smoke weed just cause my mates do.... just like im not gonna say lfc is great just cause u do
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Nov 19, 2006 07:30:57 pm
      omg gettin banned because of dislikin of some players lfc have? how sad... im not like you.. i dont follow the crowd and wear the same clothes as others, im not gonna like rock music just cause my mates do, im not gonna smoke weed just cause my mates do.... just like im not gonna say lfc is great just cause u do

Just say NO Zammo lad  :)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #5: Nov 19, 2006 08:06:12 pm
      have you any idea why no one likes you?

it's your sissy mentality.

"let's get rid of players who are old and don't look cool and buy exciting players so that we look like real madrid"
      "the manager likes old players. get rid of him. we should get exciting managers who look handsome and younger"
      "our old players are slow and sluggish. get rid of them and get fast players who can speed like road runner"
      "i know players you people don't because i play PE6 and i think these players are good cause they are good there"
      "i know better tactics than rafa because i play FM"
      "i think i'm revolutionary cause no one else thinks like i do. i don't follow the fans opinion cause that's so uncool."
      "players who are favourites among the fans are not necessarily the best. i'm the only brave dude who wants them axe to save the club"

i say burn in the fires of stamford hell, el pathetico. this is a Liverpool site for FANS. DIE HARDS. not glory seekers. that is why you deserve to be banned.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #6: Nov 19, 2006 08:09:36 pm

Weren't you banned for calling me gay?
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 19, 2006 08:14:24 pm
      for what you wrote u deserve to get banned.. i dont have football manager or pro evo either.

Oh and if i was a glory seeker i would be supportin Chelsea right now but i dont!

u my friend is THICK

darthjoe obviously knocks one out over starwars ;D

Darth joe mate, ur just a geek.. i dont need to listen to u
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2006 08:16:04 pm by OhNo »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Nov 19, 2006 08:16:42 pm

Well you should if your a fan
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 19, 2006 08:19:49 pm

Well you should if your a fan

of course lfc is great.. thats why i dont need to say it but to say we are a great team is just wrong atm

The club is great, history is great & we have a great captain for sure
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #10: Nov 19, 2006 08:38:50 pm
      Geek or not, we Liverpool die hard fans are ONE. Regardless of background, nationality, skin colour, interests etc. What defines us is our undying support and love for the club. We stick to the club through thick & thin. We give the manager and the underperforming players support when they aren't delivering. Cause who else is gonna do it but us? What keeps the club alive is the fans. We never abandoned them when we were down 3-0 at Istanbul. We kept on cheering, singing YNWA. We take pride at winning trophies & achieving great heights. At times when the team isn't doing as we expect, what WE DON'T DO is bash them up to death, demanding instant reformation. How hypocritical can you be? Being proud when you're the best team and disowning the team when you're not?

For God's sake, you may claim that you support Liverpool. You may claim that you're one of those glory hunters who support Chelsea. But seriously if you want to be liked by fellow forumers and fans alike, Chelsea's the club for you. It's there where the manager is a proud looking c*ck, buys countless of talents with their millions of pounds and sells them or let them warm the bench whenever they feel like it ie. Shaun Wright-Phillips. It's so like you OhNo @ FamousLiverbird. I think you'll be welcomed there than here. Bye bye.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #11: Nov 19, 2006 08:41:16 pm
      f***in ell la just cos we can't win away from home in the league, I see we still have a good record at anfield, were through to the knockout stages of european cup, we've got a quarter-final against arsenal at anfield in the league cup and the fa cup still to come.

ohno is talkin about changin tactics and rash buyin players for next season on one thread i've seen he's started, ffs this season aint over yet, big deal if we don't win the league

we still look strong in europe and i still think we can go all the way to athens so lets start cranking up the noise for euro games and who knows we might get those chavski wankers in europe or the league cup (both OUR trophies we've won the most)

Ohno you support the reds through thick and thin, this includes supportin the manager we he's gettin sh*t from gobshites in the press
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #12: Nov 19, 2006 08:44:34 pm
      HUYTON, seriously, you rock.
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #13: Nov 19, 2006 08:49:34 pm
      if i didnt support the reds thru thick and thin then i would be on the chavski board right now!

Im stayin on this board, i would even support Liverpool if they got relegated just that i would be very very angry!

Liverpool is now part of my life, its impossible for me to stop supporting them
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #14: Nov 19, 2006 09:00:39 pm
      Ohno it might be part of your life but unlike one of your comments on another thread it is actually my religion
      I have the TOTAL faith as was shown by 50,000 believers in istanbul, we have our own god (not fowler, but shankly)

jesus lad just sort out some of your comments before posting, seriously think,

its easy to moan and come up with kneejerk reactions and i also understand the fm thing with some people, i f***in love aimar on footie manager and felt pissed off rafa let someone with the quality aimar has pass by - he's moved from valencia to zaragoza for 8 mill a f***in snip considering we paid 6 and a half for pennant (now that was a panic buy!!!) and aimar can play on the right-wing, but at the end of the day it's rafa who makes the decisions, after all anyone who read todays News of the World in which that fat tw*t martin samuel referred to our fifth european cup win as worthless, will see Chelski want that euro cup badly.

Believe we will be there in athens greece for our SIXTH EUROPEAN CUP
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #15: Nov 19, 2006 09:17:33 pm
      i read that thing in the news of the world... how do you contact that prat?

oh.. i say what i feel
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #16: Nov 20, 2006 12:09:55 am
      Fair enough OhNo, you say what you feel, but if what you feel is to slag off the most consitant AND most improved defender in the prem who is also a local lad and work his bollocks off EVERY game without fail and the manager who has guided us to our highest points total in the prem, 5 cup finals (Champs league, FA cup, league cup, european super cup and world club cup) and delivered the Champs league in his first season, AND to start sticking the boot in with negativity the second we hit a bad patch, you are gonna get slagged on this forum.

Its ok to say what you feel cos its honest, just try being a little more intelligent in HOW you say it ok?
      FutureRedStar
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 20, 2006 02:26:46 am
      I actually think that we give Paletta and Agger a try at some matches. Not because I hate Carra or anything, I still think that Carra IS our best defender but no harm giving Paletta a try, right???
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Nov 21, 2006 11:03:21 pm
      Geek or not, we Liverpool die hard fans are ONE. Regardless of background, nationality, skin colour, interests etc. What defines us is our undying support and love for the club. We stick to the club through thick & thin. We give the manager and the underperforming players support when they aren't delivering. Cause who else is gonna do it but us? What keeps the club alive is the fans. We never abandoned them when we were down 3-0 at Istanbul. We kept on cheering, singing YNWA. We take pride at winning trophies & achieving great heights. At times when the team isn't doing as we expect, what WE DON'T DO is bash them up to death, demanding instant reformation. How hypocritical can you be? Being proud when you're the best team and disowning the team when you're not?

For God's sake, you may claim that you support Liverpool. You may claim that you're one of those glory hunters who support Chelsea. But seriously if you want to be liked by fellow forumers and fans alike, Chelsea's the club for you. It's there where the manager is a proud looking c*ck, buys countless of talents with their millions of pounds and sells them or let them warm the bench whenever they feel like it ie. Shaun Wright-Phillips. It's so like you OhNo @ FamousLiverbird. I think you'll be welcomed there than here. Bye bye.
      Said it all...
      ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #19: Nov 23, 2006 05:28:09 pm
      Well at least you got something right.
      Davies
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 23, 2006 10:20:42 pm
      Carragher's a class act and if you cut him he'd bleed red  :) Seriously, Carra's one of the best centre backs in Europe, he would lay his life on the line for his shirt, you need players like that in your team. Agger I think is top class and should start ahead of Sami for the majority of games now as we need to get a partnership together that can last the distance for a sustained challenge next season as this seasons title challenge seems to have come off the rails.

I'm a massive fan of Hyypia, he's been outstanding, OUTSTANDING for this club, one of, if not THE greatest signing of the modern era, alas all good things come to an end and i think Sami's lack of pace is becoming a problem now and he will be gradually phased out over this season and next. I hope he stays at the club after that in a coaching role as performing as he has with his lack of pace he will be able to teach the younger defenders an awful lot.

Quick Reply