Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Robbie Fowler goes down under

Read 6762 times
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Re: Robbie Fowler goes down under
      Reply #23: Feb 04, 2009 11:39:57 pm
      Townsville is a sh*t hole. would have much prefer to see robbie at melbourne victory or sydney. but hey, ill have to see if they play down in melbs sometime and go watch god play again.! last time I saw him play I think it was a 3 goals in the first 8 minutes against aston villa. 2 by folwer. sitting in the kop. aaa the memories.!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Feb 05, 2009 02:00:14 am

Smiggs, you should have seen the  ;D on my face.

Might grab Crouchinho, Dobbsy and Dadorious and head up there on a boys weekend  :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :cool-smiley-027:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Feb 05, 2009 05:09:20 am
      Smiggs, you should have seen the  ;D on my face.

Might grab Crouchinho, Dobbsy and Dadorious and head up there on a boys weekend  :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :cool-smiley-027:

Mind grabbing me a fake ID too? ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Feb 05, 2009 07:47:43 am
       I think Robbie Fowler will handle the Aussie A league quite well,the standard of football will not be as good as he is used to and the number of games they play is less than he will play in the E.P.L.I will look forward to see him play in Wellington N.Z. Hope I have not upset our Aussie Mates on the forum but you have to agree about the standard  that gets played  in Aus is pretty poor. ;D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #27: Feb 05, 2009 10:36:37 am
      :lmao:Townsville has alot to offer. Currently its raining quite abit thanks to Cyclone Ellie and damages are plenty but it has beautiful weather alot of the time (maybe not suited to Robbie though), the people are really relaxed and its just a great place to have your family.

If a New South Welshman can say that about a QLD town then you know its good.

So stoked I'm going to see him, might be able to get a few snaps if I'm very lucky.

Just tell him who you are Crouchie!!!!! :lmao:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28: Feb 05, 2009 12:27:51 pm
      Haha Aussie Id be up for that any day.

I hope he does well and provides some much needed entertainment to that league.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Feb 05, 2009 08:26:29 pm

No need mate, I'll buy the grog...you can just pay for both of ours  ;)

I think Robbie Fowler will handle the Aussie A league quite well,the standard of football will not be as good as he is used to and the number of games they play is less than he will play in the E.P.L.I will look forward to see him play in Wellington N.Z. Hope I have not upset our Aussie Mates on the forum but you have to agree about the standard  that gets played  in Aus is pretty poor. ;D

You couldn't upset us mate, you're one of the oldest blokes on the forum  ;D we respect you for that mate, as for New Zealand though...you don't live there do you? All this time I thought you lived in Liverpool.

Haha Aussie Id be up for that any day.

You and me both mate, what a wicked trip that would be.

countyroadred26
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 05, 2009 10:48:44 pm
      Just a thought he is available on a free till the summer and can sign whenever , anyone agree we should give him another run for old time sake , I know i would . Good luck Robbie lad YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Feb 06, 2009 12:15:48 pm
      He he....nice one Robbie, can't think of a better place to wind down your football career.

Enjoy the sunshine, I'm sure you'll have lots of REDS cheering you on.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #32: Feb 06, 2009 12:50:10 pm
      Job going in Liverpool.Collecting all Robbie's rent(s) while he's down under. :lmao:
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2009 03:03:26 am
      Off to the land of Oz.

SYDNEY (AFP) — Former Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler has signed a two-year deal with new Australian A-League side North Queensland Fury, according to the club.

The 33-year-old forward, whose goal-scoring exploits once saw him idolised on the red half of Merseyside, will be the Fury's marquee player as the club makes its debut in the A-League this season.

Fury officals  :lmao: described the signing as a major coup, which showed the club, based in Townsville, was intent on making a successful start.

"Robbie is a legitimate international superstar of the game and there's no doubt he will give us every chance of winning," Fury chairman Don Matheson said.

"It's taken a lot of work to make this happen, but it was worth it because I really believe having him playing for North Queensland Fury will change the way people think about the A-League."

He did not reveal financial details involved in the contract, which commits Fowler to playing in the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.

Fowler scored 120 goals in 236 league appearances for Liverpool and also played for Leeds United, Manchester City, Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers, where he was released late last year after a short stint.

The striker, who turned down a chance to play in the A-League for Sydney FC in 2007, said he had been impressed with the footballing set-up at the Fury as well as the lifestyle that playing in Queensland offered his young family.

"It's a huge decision for my family, but it's also an opportunity to continue my football career in a truly wonderful part of the world," he said.

Under the A-League rules, clubs can sign a marquee player whose wages are exempted from the team's salary cap as a means of raising the sport's profile in Australia.

Best of luck to the lad.  Past his best but I hope he has a great time - and I'm sure he will re-ignite the property market down there!

Just one thing though - North Queensland Fury  :lmao: What kind of name is that for a football team?
      JD it sounds like something off SPEEDBALL 2

Quick Reply