Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Everton v Liverpool - match thread

Read 67737 times
      ohcampione
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Re: Everton v Liverpool - match thread
      Reply #736: Feb 05, 2009 12:26:04 am
      Don't worry mate. We're made of strong stuff.  ;)

"We are men of Shankly's best  JUSTICE "
      MsGerrard
      Reply #737: Feb 05, 2009 12:33:16 am
      I'm pretty gutted we lost that game tonight. But I knew right from 14 mins when Stevie had to go off that it would be tough.

Everton dirty F***ing bas**rds that they are, didn't deserve to win so I hope Aston Villa batter them in the next round.

Alonso, played brilliantly all season was way off the mark tonight, how many bloody weetabix did he have for brekkie  ::)

Dossena, one, yes just one decent cross, bloody hell, even I could have done better than him tonight.........Hurry up back Insua.....please.

Carragher......man of the Match for me tonight, played brilliantly sweeping up everything before him.  :)

Lucas, felt sorry for his sending off, he didn't deserve that as first yellow should never have been, BUT he really is so clumsy  >:(

Nando..............looke d a bit lost after Stevie went off, obviously still not 100%, stop making adverts and get some proper rest before Saturday.

Off to bed..........no celebrations tonight  :(

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #738: Feb 05, 2009 12:35:39 am
      Nando..............looked a bit lost after Stevie went off, obviously still not 100%, stop making adverts and get some proper rest before Saturday.

Poor guy was probably in mourning.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #739: Feb 05, 2009 12:37:01 am

"We are men of Shankly's best  JUSTICE "

'A team that plays the Liverpool way!
      And wins the Championship in May!'
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #740: Feb 05, 2009 12:38:56 am
      Oh and what was with that calm down calm down sign.

Did you notice the pic of screech had a muzzie added.

They're no longer scouse, the Rhyl shitheads.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #741: Feb 05, 2009 12:39:01 am
      Its' took me over an hour to read all 47 pages of this thread  :o

It's all jimbob's fault for doing so many posts about what would happen if it went to penalties  :f_whistle:   ;)
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #742: Feb 05, 2009 12:40:27 am
      'A team that plays the Liverpool way!
      And wins the Championship in May!'

We all follow the redkenny way
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #743: Feb 05, 2009 12:42:56 am
      First time I've missed a game all season, as it was my baby giorls first day at 3 year old Kinder. Glad I missed it.

I know we can now concentrate on the big games but I have to admit going out of the FA Cup, which was a great chance of silverware, is hurting me right at the moment.  :f_wah:

I just hate losing any game, no matter what competition it is in.

To lose to those bitter cu*ts makes it even worse.

To my scousers mates, who will have to put up with their bitterness and sh*t until we win the league, I feel for you all.

I really hope we do go on and win the League and Champs League and go rub it in those cu*ts faces....Our 2 cups this season compared to them being knocked out by Villa in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Bitter cu*ts. 

wouldn't worry mate all they've done is extend their season for another two weeks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #744: Feb 05, 2009 12:52:59 am
      See somebody's added in to their Wikipedia page that Everton have the nickname 'Sock Robbers'.

:lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #745: Feb 05, 2009 12:54:38 am
      It sucks going out of competitions especially after losing to sh*te but FA Cup wasn't in our mind at the start of the season.

1 - Premier League
      2 - Champions League

So, should be glad that we're still in the challenge for the top 2 most prestigious competitions in club level.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #746: Feb 05, 2009 12:56:11 am
      Its' took me over an hour to read all 47 pages of this thread  :o

It's all jimbob's fault for doing so many posts about what would happen if it went to penalties  :f_whistle:   ;)

And still no answer on that question MsGerrard!!!! ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #747: Feb 05, 2009 12:57:37 am
      And still no answer on that question MsGerrard!!!! ;D

I lost count the amount of times you asked  :laugh: never mind.......it doesn't matter now does it  :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #748: Feb 05, 2009 01:02:03 am
      http://forums.itv.com has a good thread started about the ITV fiasco...go on give em a pasting

Apparently when they cut the transmission, Golum ran on the pitch and fired Mace in to all of our players faces.

Re-start transmission.

Everton goal.

They must think we're soft. ;)
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #749: Feb 05, 2009 01:04:12 am
      I lost count the amount of times you asked  :laugh: never mind.......it doesn't matter now does it  :(

It would be good to see if, amongst our ranks, we have a rules GURU who could tell us the answer to this quandry
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #750: Feb 05, 2009 01:14:19 am
      It would be good to see if, amongst our ranks, we have a rules GURU who could tell us the answer to this quandry

I'm fairly sure I explained what would happen. 

Every player has to take a pen, and then they start again.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #751: Feb 05, 2009 03:03:54 am
      Got home from work at 1030 not knowing the result.Watched it on sky + read all the posts on the game conclusions are......

Lucas (as I have said all allong is not good enough to start against any team we play )If he has one decent attribute PLEASE someone tell me what it is ?
      Kuyt not too far behind him, end of.
      Dozzy (Dosena )May well be Italy's first choice LB but imo has not and will never fit into the EPL.
      The Boy,had his roughest ride ever tonight!! But the run will have helped towards his fitness levels.
      Cara and Skrtel were superb.(Loved to have seen Agger tried at LB tonight)
      Ryan Babel I thought showed more commitment tonight.
      SO now lets get stuck into the league and crack that No 19.YNWA.   
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #752: Feb 05, 2009 07:01:01 am
       As i did not see the match I am unable to comment on how our players played.I did see the goal that Daffy Duck (Gosling ) scored the thing that puzzled me was why the hell was he not shut down, we must of had about 5 players around him.  Now its time to get over it and I do like the quote from redkenny it is so appropriate.I was at Goodison in 1967 when we got beat 1-0  in the 5th round and it was that little bugger Alan Ball scored for them-I think,anyway I got over that and i will get over this little setback.So to all REDS read redkennys quote and get ready for MAY.
      Liverpoolfc1984
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #753: Feb 05, 2009 08:29:20 am
      its not quiet that easy to get over being beaten by those blue nose to**ers, I cant stand to loose to them. hurts like hell, and the fact that we played them twice at Anfield and drew and lost in there shed makes me sick to the gut!

last night performance was sh*te, Lucas is shocking, Babel I think is a waist of time, kuyt just runs around (so what if he works hard! what else does he bring to the team!) Alonso was quiet, and El Nino got no service what so ever! we cant keep relying on Stevie G.

To top it all off, we've sold Keane as well (which i agree with just not now) so if we loose Torres as well the title chances will be in the hands of N'Gog and Lucas!!!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2009 09:02:57 am by Venison 86, Reason: Spelling & Grammer »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #754: Feb 05, 2009 09:10:19 am
      Ach give them thier night of glory!

Am I bovvered!

More worried abt. Gerrard than the result.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #755: Feb 05, 2009 09:30:26 am
      Was dissapointed with the lack of spirit shown.Not once did we look like scoring.We really rely Gerrard far too much,how evident it was when he came off.Torres was clearly not 100%,why risk him.Lucas another stand out performance,Babel couldn't be arsed again.

All the money they get paid, a little more desire would go a long way.Carra and Skrtel were fantastic.

A flawed assessment IMO. Torres scored two goals against Chelsea, If the midfield pushed forward and assisted him, the story would be different. Kuyt is a problem. Babel should have come in much earlier, he looked and acted like he wanted to do something with the ball everytime he stuck a foot in. The officiating was poor with some game flow-breaking calls that always seemed to be against us! Cant blame any other player.

Dossena was not bad.

The problem, the only obvious threat when we take a corner is Torres, We have Hyypia, who is most likely to score a header on the bench. But then We can only play two central defenders at a time.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #756: Feb 05, 2009 09:30:59 am
      Morning reflections im not fussed not being in the cup, losing to everton so late on is the annoying part, wud rather in cup than league though
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #757: Feb 05, 2009 10:33:12 am
      Worst derby for a long time that. No tackles, ref didnt help, of any real note. I thought the game lacked passion for a cup tie and derby.

More worrying was how little we made howard do and again our set pieces were pathetic. Another worry is having to play 120 minutes with a must win game at the weekend. Stevie already out and Nando will be tired last night could be more damaging then just losing to Everton
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #758: Feb 05, 2009 10:33:24 am
      Got home from work at 1030 not knowing the result.Watched it on sky + read all the posts on the game conclusions are......

Lucas (as I have said all allong is not good enough to start against any team we play )If he has one decent attribute PLEASE someone tell me what it is ?
      Kuyt not too far behind him, end of.
      Dozzy (Dosena )May well be Italy's first choice LB but imo has not and will never fit into the EPL.
      The Boy,had his roughest ride ever tonight!! But the run will have helped towards his fitness levels.
      Cara and Skrtel were superb.(Loved to have seen Agger tried at LB tonight)
      Ryan Babel I thought showed more commitment tonight.
      SO now lets get stuck into the league and crack that No 19.YNWA.   

You didn't watch the game so how can we trust your conclusion that Kuyt was too far behind him "end of". No justification, it's just a waste of space. You need to start watching games if you want to comment on them. I don't comment on games I can't watch.

Quick Reply