Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Everton v Liverpool - match thread

Read 67735 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Everton v Liverpool - match thread
      Reply #759: Feb 05, 2009 10:41:20 am
      You didn't watch the game so how can we trust your conclusion that Kuyt was too far behind him "end of". No justification, it's just a waste of space. You need to start watching games if you want to comment on them. I don't comment on games I can't watch.

Umm he said he watched it on Sky+ when he got home.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #760: Feb 05, 2009 10:59:27 am
      You didn't watch the game so how can we trust your conclusion that Kuyt was too far behind him "end of". No justification, it's just a waste of space. You need to start watching games if you want to comment on them. I don't comment on games I can't watch.

Well if i did'nt watch the game I suggest that whoever you get to read the posts to you should be sacked!! Now get someone else to read it to you again,while I wait here for an apology. ??? :dunceblock: ???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #761: Feb 05, 2009 11:06:50 am
      Got home from work at 1030 not knowing the result.Watched it on sky +

Can you not read lad? He said he watched the game. FFS.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #762: Feb 05, 2009 11:36:41 am
      I'm more disappointed about Steven's injury than the result ....It's really sad to have a winning goal late in the game ! But hopefully Steven will be back from injury soon and we'll win the league ...we must have faith in our team ! Come on redmen YNWA !
      piggy96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -12 
      Reply #763: Feb 05, 2009 12:08:51 pm
      Not happy with Dossena or Lucas  :(
      You're right mate.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2009 12:15:01 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Not quoted properly, fixed spelling, text language. »
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #764: Feb 05, 2009 01:45:53 pm
      Damn man, all you needed was.. was another striker to maybe just help out El Nino.

Sh*t!! Forgot, you sold him back to the Spuds!

Rafa's a genius.  He really is...
      It really puzzles me why people come on other clubs sites to take the piss, I mean do they really have nothing better to do with there time I can possibly understand if it were a blueshite fan but then why not go on your own site , but an  ARSE  fan ! do they have a site of there own ?

120 minutes in a meaningless competition.

This so called meaningless competition you talk of is the oldest and most respected competion in the sport (and unless you're Fergie in disguise (you're not are you !) then please show it the respect it deserves.
      I suspect it may be a spot of sour grapes now that were out, I do hope so !

Well I've read the entire thread and unlike MsG it took me MORE than an hour ! 
      Jim Bob didn't help as MsG Said , but in answer to his question and to concur with what JD said they do start again but with one side having only 10 men I Believe that the team with 11 men nominate 1 man to stand down from taking penalties in order to level the playing field so to speak !

Back to the match and peoples comments on it !
      I thought we'd be up against it as soon as Stevie went off but am still gutted at the late late winner !
      I thougt Lucas was unlucky with the 1st card but also agree with most on here he does come across as very clumsy.
      Kuyt for me never stopped running but also wasn't really effective either !,Masc and Carra were excellent.

A few people on here have commented on the fact that the two domestic competitions were low priority which I will agree with but only if we perform in the two that we are still in !
      Every team should challenge equally as strong in all competitions until they are eliminated (no reserves or half strength teams, that in my eyes is showing dissrespect for that competition).
      anyhow onwards and upwards, Pompey on saturday and 3pts is a must !

I live in spain and my local bar where I work is called Spinnaker and owned by a Pompey fan so some friendly banter is gauranteed !

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8566 
      Reply #765: Feb 05, 2009 01:59:54 pm
      This so called meaningless competition you talk of is the oldest and most respected competion in the sport (and unless you're Fergie in disguise (you're not are you !) then please show it the respect it deserves.
      I suspect it may be a spot of sour grapes now that were out, I do hope so !

Why show a competition respect?

I would probably respect this competition more if the FA actually showed the fans more respect, like giving them a greater share of tickets come the finakl.

Do you know teams competing in the League Cup final get more tickets than teams competing in the FA Cup Final - but I forgot it's a showpiece final - load of sh*t.

The FA Cup is a corporate whore's paradise!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #766: Feb 05, 2009 02:42:01 pm
      Why show a competition respect?

I would probably respect this competition more if the FA actually showed the fans more respect, like giving them a greater share of tickets come the finakl.

Do you know teams competing in the League Cup final get more tickets than teams competing in the FA Cup Final - but I forgot it's a showpiece final - load of sh*t.

The FA Cup is a corporate whore's paradise!

What I'm trying to say is the clubs should repect it more rather fielding understrength sides, I actually agree with you on the ticketing issues the only people who should be getting tickets are the fans of the clubs not the co-operate hangers-on  :f_steam:
      but clubs are also getting greedy and are going where the grass is greener (or wallets are thicker!) i.e Champions League as opposed to the domestic competitions, all competitions should be treated equally !
      There is no respect in the game these days the might dollar, pound or euro speaks wonders  :f_steam:
      gone are the days of the European cup (straight knock out, no mamby pamby moneymaking mini-leagues),it makes me sick , I'd give up our number 5 for a return to the good  old days any day (at least the scum would be stuck on 2 ;D) !
      anyway enough of my soapbox rant, this is a match thread !
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #767: Feb 05, 2009 06:19:24 pm
      Can you not read lad? He said he watched the game. FFS.

Sorry I cant afford sky+, so I didn't know you can re-watch matches.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #768: Feb 05, 2009 09:41:28 pm
      Sorry for supporing Lucas whoever give me a neg specifically for doing so.

I had my negative opinions on Robbie Keane, and others disagreed, but I respected that. Whoever give me that neg is a damn right coward and the red shirt should burn on his/her back when they pull it on. Respect opinions, don't punish opinons

BTW, I'm never wrong about football.... ever, so when Lucas does become the player he inevitably will be..... then I hope feel guilty for the rest of your life and maybe jump off a cliff perhaps? Yea I'm pissed of
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #769: Feb 05, 2009 10:37:08 pm
      Sorry I cant afford sky+, so I didn't know you can re-watch matches.

No probs,your forgiven kidder!!!

:gt-happyup:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #770: Feb 06, 2009 04:32:17 pm
      Steward hurt at Merseyside derby

A football steward at the Merseyside FA Cup derby was injured when a coin was thrown on to the pitch during the game, detectives have said.
      Merseyside Police said the incident, which happened at Everton's 1-0 win over Liverpool at Goodison Park on Wednesday, was being investigated.
      The steward was treated for minor facial injuries.
      A spokesman for Merseyside Police said officers were viewing CCTV footage and speaking to both football clubs.
      Meanwhile, the force said it was "aware that socks were thrown by fans during the match".
      Numerous socks were seen being launched on to the pitch in an apparent reference to "sock-robbers", a jibe at Everton FC's plans to build a new stadium in Kirkby.
      It dates back to the 1950s when people "going on the rob" in Kirkby used to steal socks from washing lines and put them on their hands to stop their fingerprints being identified.
      The police spokesman added: "We do not condone such behaviour and would like to take this opportunity to remind fans that throwing items at football matches is an offence."

Interesting it does not say where the coin was thrown from. Hope it is not from our fans, but what idiot would do such a thing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7875254.stm#

Quick Reply