Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

PSV Eindhoven (22nd Nov 2006) - Champions League

Read 6505 times
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Re: PSV Eindhoven (22nd Nov 2006) - Champions League
      Reply #23: Nov 22, 2006 11:30:18 pm
      Superb result.  Professional job.  They hadn't conceded in 11 hours so we must be doing something right. 

At Anfield and in Europe we look a different side.  Even three injuries couldn't stop us.  If we get our away Premiership form right we will be alright.

Anyway, we could just do something in this Champions League.

Top of the Table!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #24: Nov 22, 2006 11:55:27 pm
      Superb result.  Professional job.  They hadn't conceded in 11 hours so we must be doing something right. 

At Anfield and in Europe we look a different side.  Even three injuries couldn't stop us.  If we get our away Premiership form right we will be alright.

Anyway, we could just do something in this Champions League.

top of the Table!!!

Feels like De ja vu !!  I bloody well hope so, didnt something like this happen in 2005 ?    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #25: Nov 23, 2006 12:04:23 am
      Great result.  Thanks to everyone who joined us in the Live Chat during the game.  I was worried it was jinxing the reds from scoring but Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 so it's got a good record.  We will do it again for Saturday's game.

Thanks for taking care of that in my absense mate.  I had a Sausage Roll at half time just for you!  Have a good birthday.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #26: Nov 23, 2006 10:03:35 am
      Hope Rafa sends the kids to Turkey, give them some experience, especially Danny Gutherie ( is that his name ?)  Was impressed with his performance in the Carling Cup.   ;D
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #27: Nov 23, 2006 11:16:50 am
      Good game, Agger played really well again and chuffed we've got him...... What did you guys think of Kuyt? Reminds me abit of Cisse (which isnt good)

Anyway top of the group so its all good! :)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #28: Nov 23, 2006 02:11:20 pm
      Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven 22nd November 2006
      UEFA Champions League Group Stage Match 5

So fortunately for us our next game is:

a) at Anfield, and
      b) in the Champions League

A league we are currently playing well in and top of.  The media seem to have completely bypassed our excellent European form so far, prefering to sharpen their slimy knives over Rafa Benitez - telling him what team to pick, what kind of marking tactics to employ etc etc

All the while we have quietly been doing the job in Europe.  So it's between us and PSV for the top of the table so a win will do us well - although Barcelona could still be one of our opponents should we finish top.

I am hoping for, finally, a decent game from the reds - with some decent play and the PSV net rippling a fair few times.  Let's get behind the lads at Anfield.

YNWA

My prediction: 2-0 to the reds.  Crouch and Kuyt.

Wow. How did you predict that?
      juan11021977
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 23, 2006 03:21:09 pm
      It wasn´t the best performance of Kuyt´but I´m still confident.
      Does anybody know something about the Gonzales injury? And Alonso? And Pennant?
      www.juanliverpoolfc.blog spot.com
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #30: Nov 23, 2006 09:57:55 pm
      Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven 22nd November 2006
      UEFA Champions League Group Stage Match 5

So fortunately for us our next game is:

a) at Anfield, and
      b) in the Champions League

A league we are currently playing well in and top of.  The media seem to have completely bypassed our excellent European form so far, prefering to sharpen their slimy knives over Rafa Benitez - telling him what team to pick, what kind of marking tactics to employ etc etc

All the while we have quietly been doing the job in Europe.  So it's between us and PSV for the top of the table so a win will do us well - although Barcelona could still be one of our opponents should we finish top.

I am hoping for, finally, a decent game from the reds - with some decent play and the PSV net rippling a fair few times.  Let's get behind the lads at Anfield.

YNWA

My prediction: 2-0 to the reds.  Crouch and Kuyt.

Wow. How did you predict that?

I put a bet on the reds 2-0 first goal scorer Crouch !  Gutted when he scored 2nd !  (only gutted in betting terms mind you !!)
      Davies
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #31: Nov 23, 2006 10:25:48 pm
      I thought it was a good performance, Gerrard is slowly but surely returning to hiss best playing in the middle, Gonzalez and Pennant both played pretty damn well i thought, nice to see them putting in decent crosses and taking players on, just a shame they both went off injured, I think Gonzalez will be out for 6 to 8 weeks, I'm gutted for him because I felt he was really starting to improve.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #32: Nov 23, 2006 10:31:08 pm
      Just going back to it - all the more impressive with PSV having been undefeated in 17 matches.

I think Rafa was pleased to finally get one over Koeman from a professional point of view - especially after Benfica last season.

Benitez has come in for a lot of stick this season, most of it unjust, but he has proved he has great European pedigree.  Hopefully now all our big away games are behind us our Premiership season can begin to ignite, and match our European form.

Quick Reply