Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Are we in Financial dire straits?

Read 822 times
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 539 posts | 10 
      Are we in Financial dire straits?
      Feb 06, 2009 12:09:23 am
      I am concerned, in fact very concerned.

We have all seen things going on at Anfield that suggest all is not well between Rafa Benitez, the boardroom and our owners.

But the sale of Robbie Keane speaks volumes to me and I am seriously worried about the state of our beloved clubs bank balance.
      Ok, we know we are in debt but has it got so bad that the sale of Robbie at a loss of what Benitez calls it "only about £6m", had to happen?

I am not convinced that Benitez wanted to sell Keane. His reasons for selling are lame and I just do not believe that Robbie did not settle down.
      A player of that quality settles down anywhere, especially when its the club he supported as a lad.

If it was a case of a player not settling, then surely you have an idea of who you will attempt to bring in to replace. That is why I think, that if the rumours are true, Benitez tried to land Aaron Lennon as part of the deal. Benitez wasn't being given any funds. He said that quite clearly at the start of the transfer window.

It's no coincidence that both Gillett and Hicks were at the very game prior to Keane's departure, that Hicks has ongoing talks with investors from Arabia and that all talk of the new stadium seems to have come to a grinding halt.

In my opinion, Benitez was placed in a no win situation that had nothing to do with football.

I think that the time has come for the board to answer a few questions. Maybe they should have made a statement on the sale of Robbie Keane and not just palm the dirty work on Benitez.

We are in serious debt under these Americans. The yanks are taking us under.

Your thoughts please !
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2009 11:21:33 am by JD »

Quick Reply