Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

FLAG DAY TOMORROW v P.S.V

Read 1669 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      FLAG DAY TOMORROW v P.S.V
      Nov 21, 2006 02:54:19 pm
      FROM THE LFC.TV WEBSITE

Dig out your old Liverpool banners for this season's first official 'Flagday' when PSV Eindhoven visit Anfield tomorrow.
      A win for the Reds will ensure top spot in Group C so the stage is set for a night to remember on and off the pitch.

The 'Flagday' phenomenon has proved a huge success over the years, starting during the 1993/94 season to commemorate the final campaign of the world's most famous football terrace.

They proved so popular that countless 'Flagdays' have been staged since and the aim is promote traditional Kop values and to further extend the reputation of The Kop around the world.

Liverpool fan John Mackin is one of the many 'Flagday' co-coordinator's and he's urging all fans attending the PSV game to play their part.

He says: "If you have a flag bring it tomorrow. KFS (Keep Flags Scouse) compliant of course, no Union Jacks or St George crosses. Wear your scarf with pride and ditch that half LFC/half Chelsea one. Red/white and red/white/gold are the preferred colours and any others have no place on The Kop.

"Bring your best, loud, singing voice and SUPPORT THE TEAM AND THE MANAGER. Respect PSV and their fans. Applaud their keeper. Be sporting. Make Liverpool FC proud of you."
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: FLAG DAY TOMORROW v P.S.V
      Reply #1: Nov 21, 2006 06:39:13 pm
      Hear hear. 

I love flag days.......

If you're going tomorrow go and buy yourself a big red sheet now and a big tin of white gloss!  ;D ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Nov 21, 2006 07:04:09 pm
      like it mate, well said. see u all there
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Nov 21, 2006 10:09:52 pm
      Can't wait, I can feel like a good night coming on, hope to have no voice on Thurs am..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Nov 21, 2006 10:42:08 pm
      It will give the 'feel good factor' round Anfield tomorrow.
      Can't wait.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2006 12:23:50 am
      Was disappointed in the 'Flag Day"  not many turned up with theirs, there was a couple in the Lower Cent including mine and a few in the Kop, no more than normal though.  Was pleased to see the European Flag out tonight on the Kop, love that, think the lads from RAWK did a good job with it.     ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2006 12:31:48 am
      I think the news was passed around a bit too late I agree.

What's your flag of Smigs?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2006 09:56:45 am
      I think the news was passed around a bit too late I agree.

What's your flag of Smigs?

Its just plain red with a white liverbird on it, its been everywhere with me so wont part with it !  Me mum has even replaced the pole/stick its on so its stronger and bigger !!   Me scarf has seen better days as well but i cant part with it i'm afraid, I havent even washed it in case i wash all the luck out of it, we have never lost at Anfield on a European night while i've worn that scarf so you can understand were i'm coming from !      ;D

Quick Reply