Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Somers Town

Read 3093 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Somers Town
      Feb 08, 2009 06:20:10 pm
      Watched this film last night and really enjoyed it.

For some reason I was expecting something bad to happen so I was relieved when nothing did!

I'm going to be doing some work on this film so your opinions and explanations are greatly appreciated, for example, do you think the film gave an accurate representation of society? What was the main message of the film? What was the significance of the change of colour near the end?

Any comments would be helpful :), and I think it's an all round very good film to be discussed in any case.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: Somers Town
      Reply #1: Feb 09, 2009 12:52:05 am
      sorry for me this film did nothing.
      to me it seemed wishy washy what did you like about it
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Feb 09, 2009 04:17:35 pm
      I don't think it's great, but I thought it was a good watch. It's more for the fact I'm doing work on it for coursework more than anything to be honest, looking at friendships between different social groups.
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #3: Feb 09, 2009 04:26:39 pm
      funny that my 6 year old has just befriended a new lad in his class, he is from hungary and he speaks no english.... still facial expressions and generally giving each other a dig works for them by the looks of it   ha ha
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Feb 09, 2009 05:38:29 pm
      Yeah, just shows really doesn't it :)

If you don't mind, what did you think the reason was for the colour change at the end of the film?

My take on it was that they had broken away from the places where they were unhappy and had found themselves where they are most happy, the girl brings joy into their life - both because they have no real mother figure, and as they are growing teenagers perhaps experiencing strong feelings for a female for the first time.

Therefore, black and white = unhappy, no real sense of purpose and colour = joy, having there what they had missing from their lives.
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #5: Feb 10, 2009 12:46:47 am
      Yeah, just shows really doesn't it :)

If you don't mind, what did you think the reason was for the colour change at the end of the film?

My take on it was that they had broken away from the places where they were unhappy and had found themselves where they are most happy, the girl brings joy into their life - both because they have no real mother figure, and as they are growing teenagers perhaps experiencing strong feelings for a female for the first time.

Therefore, black and white = unhappy, no real sense of purpose and colour = joy, having there what they had missing from their lives.
      good call on the colour change, i agree entirley
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Feb 10, 2009 05:52:46 pm
      :).

I think the question's going to involve some information on Polish immigration so I'm going to have to get researching!

Quick Reply