Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Dreamers...........

Read 4375 times
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Re: Dreamers...........
      Reply #23: Nov 27, 2006 12:00:09 pm
      Barclays Premiership : Table
      26 November 2006
                             PTS
      1 Man Utd          35
      2 Chelsea           32
      3 Bolton            24
      4 Portsmouth     23
      5 Aston Villa       23
      6 Arsenal           22
      7 Reading          22
      8 Everton          21
      9 Liverpool         21

3 points of 3rd so 3rd/4th more realistic. Just can't see Chelsea Man Utd dropping enough points. If you want to finish above them you've got to start taking points off yourself them which we sadly never seem to do.

Having said that the games we ALWAYS lose are now out of the way. Chelsea away, United away, Arsenal away, Bolton away.

So can see us putting a run together but even if we won every game from now to the end of the season (which of course will not happen) I just can't see the top 2 dropping enough points. Think the Champs League is there to be won. Although I thought we had a good chance last season and look what happened.

I agree, 3rd is a realistic target, plus a good run and maybe in a win in any of the cups, it is still mathematically possible to win the league title, but we would need Chavski and Manure to drop a load of points to do so, come to think of it, its been a funny old season already and we have had some surprises and surely more to come and anything is possible.

I am a dreamer cos by being a Reds fan I live my dreams, never give, never say die and in Rafa we trust
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Re: Dreamers...........
      Reply #24: Nov 27, 2006 09:02:08 pm
      if we find some away form i can only see us getting stronger. united, chelsea & arsenal will all take points from each other. can you really see bolton, reading & portsmouth lasting the pace? i think 3rd is a very realistic & achievable target.

Quick Reply