Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

January window

Read 6502 times
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 239 posts | -1 
      January window
      Nov 22, 2006 07:28:38 pm
      I know its early but all this talk about Daniel Alves and Micheal Owen has got me thinking about who we need to buy to strengthen our team as we are struggling in certain places of the field.

Daniel Alves?? great buy BUT i wouldnt want to see Finnan loose his place i think finnan is brilliant ( but it would create more competition so maybe it would be great! )

The buy for me would have to be Joquin from valecia. I don't think pennant is good enough to be playin at this level (dont get me wrong he is a good player but just not top class which is what a team like Liverpool FC needs)

Discuss??
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 08:57:58 pm by koolkidda »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: January window
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2006 09:27:08 pm
      I'd say we give pennant until the summer to prove himself, but we need to strenghthen in RB so we should go for alves but we shouldn't be needing a lot of new faces.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2006 09:43:34 pm
      joaquin just moved to valencia this summer, 20 million ++ i think. so it'll be unlikely that he could make a move here. been an admirer of the fella for quite awhile!

lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2006 10:33:10 pm
      joaquin just moved to valencia this summer, 20 million ++ i think. so it'll be unlikely that he could make a move here. been an admirer of the fella for quite awhile!

o ryt i didnt know that thanks :(
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2006 10:41:29 pm
      Hmm, other than the fact that we ARE going to sign Lucas Neill... Which I'm not too happy about.
      To be honest, who is there to buy? That we accually need?
      We've got enough strikers, midfielders, defenders, goalkeeper's...
      Any idea's lads? (And Lasses)
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2006 11:25:39 pm
      After tonight not sure if we do have enough midfielders.  Any more injuries and we could be in trouble!

Who do we need.  A World Class striker, A World Class winger.  It's all very well saying give Pennant time but I don't think he will ever make the grade.  He is above average at best.  We should be in the market for the Dalglish's of this world.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2006 08:41:21 pm
      if we have the money

in:torres 10 mill  alves 6mill that argentian dude were ment be sighning and sounds good 1.1 mill lucas neil 3mill

out:no one
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2006 08:53:08 pm
      if we have the money

in:torres 10 mill  alves 6mill that argentian dude were ment be sighning and sounds good 1.1 mill lucas neil 3mill

out:no one

Sorry mate, Torres will be nearer £15m+, Alves £12m+.
      sounds as tho' Neill is as good as a done deal, and heard they had signed the young Argy full back last nite.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #8: Nov 23, 2006 08:59:05 pm
      Please clarify 'Argentinian dude' for me?
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2006 08:59:40 pm
      i dont think torres will be worth just 10 million cause we spent 9 on kuyt and rafa could have just upped it a lil to get torres if that was the case last summer.

we spent quite a lot this summer. almost 20 mil i think. how much do we have left in the bank? for qualifying to CL's later stages that's about 10 mil ++ more in the bank. and there's the ongoing takeover talks, so we might have the cash injection we badly need.

question is, should we go on a spending spree? this season's signing haven't really gelled with the team and i always believe it's a matter of getting used to each other. these dudes came to liverpool with credentials, they're not useless. maybe too much signings at one time isn't that good. i say we have faith in the remaining lads and this january we go shopping for a right back.

but if the likes of fernando torres or david villa were to appear on the doorstep, they are so much welcome!

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: Nov 23, 2006 09:02:02 pm

17 year old full back, called Emiliano Insua.
      heard a rumour we had signed him last nite from Boca Jnrs I think
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #11: Nov 23, 2006 09:02:42 pm

Emiliano Insua of Boca Juniors. A promising 17 year old left back. One for the future though.

http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=39096

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=159765
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #12: Nov 23, 2006 09:03:28 pm
      didnt realised you explained first tommo :D
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #13: Nov 23, 2006 09:04:02 pm
      Oh got you.  Just started a thread about it:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1378.0.html

lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #14: Nov 23, 2006 09:08:17 pm
      i think rafa made a mistake in the transfer window that summer

pennant, kuyt, bellamy, aurelio, palleta,

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT: Daniel Alves, Duff ! , Kuyt (yes well done) but also torres or.. david villa and definetly Joaquin ( who has now moved to valencia !!  >:( )

So = D Alves / Duff / Torres / Kuyt / Joaquin

i should manage Liverpool  ;) 8)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #15: Nov 23, 2006 09:23:04 pm
      now isn't it a little too late to realise? :D
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #16: Nov 23, 2006 09:36:37 pm

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT: Daniel Alves, Duff ! , Kuyt (yes well done) but also torres or.. david villa and definetly Joaquin ( who has now moved to valencia !!  >:( )

i wouldnt touch duff a lit firework! have you forgot he turned us down for chelski. as for alves/torres/juaquin 'YES' but with almost all jan windows,there is  never any top players for sale.
      the players we have will just have to lift their socks up and plough on and prove to everyone that they deserve to wear their liverpool shirts. plus we have plenty of young talent that are proberbly ripping their arms off to prove their place in the team.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2006 03:51:18 pm
      iam exited about this new kid he sounds good.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Nov 26, 2006 05:44:42 pm
      okay i no some people r goin to hate this but i think we should get rid of alonso comeon you have to admit he hasnt done anything really for a while he cant defend and cant attack all he can do is pass... if we sell alonso that puts some funds in the bank.
      Jan transfer buy: Simao (every1 forgot bout him), alves and maybe another striker

Rid: Alonso, and mayb reina (he is appallin, dudek back and give carson or kirkland a chance for once) and some one else? I think we shud have kept pongolle stupid gettin rid of him... it really was mayb buy him back?
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2006 05:48:07 pm by Good old JC »
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 26, 2006 05:52:00 pm
      i think you  need to get your facts correct.Kirkland =has been sold to wigan,sinema is only on loan in spain,the alonso situation is difficult,i admit this season hes been average at best,an we would get £20m for him,im not sure on this one????????????
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 26, 2006 05:56:16 pm
      after all alonso has done for us them 2 goals from the half way line you would just get rid of him scored in the champions league final as well
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Nov 26, 2006 07:49:44 pm
      No way get rid of Alonso, just a dip in form like they all go through, he'll come good just you watch. ;D
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 26, 2006 08:10:18 pm
      get rid of alonso ??? why ! maybe he aint having the best start to the season,but he aint the only liverpool player not on form. has it been forgotten what he done for us, like its been said 'its a dip in form,but he'l soon be back.
      alonso has to be one of the best passers in the game with great vision, so give him a break.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #23: Nov 26, 2006 08:51:35 pm
      still in disbelife over this one get rid of alonso oh and while were at it i supose we should get rid of stevie g and all?
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2006 08:53:16 pm by willowlfc »
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 26, 2006 10:48:10 pm
      I think we should go for Man City's Micah Richards. His got loads of potential and is very versatile. His pacy and can put himself about. Def a betta buy than Lucas Neil. We have missed out on loads of young english players in the past who would have jumped at the chance of joingius if we had had the foresight to buy them for example.....Carrick, Defoe and Ferdinand of West Ham and Michael Dawson of Notts Forest to name a few.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #25: Nov 27, 2006 10:44:57 am

Yes, just make another trip to the money tree, then we will consider your bid.
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 27, 2006 12:05:13 pm
      I think we should go for Man City's Micah Richards. His got loads of potential and is very versatile. His pacy and can put himself about. Def a betta buy than Lucas Neil. We have missed out on loads of young english players in the past who would have jumped at the chance of joingius if we had had the foresight to buy them for example.....Carrick, Defoe and Ferdinand of West Ham and Michael Dawson of Notts Forest to name a few.

I think Micah would be an awesome signing, but he is young and Man City wont want the same to happen to him that happened to SWP when the big boys came sniffing, Register the interest now and maintain our good relations with the Blue half of manchester, they will not sell him just yet anyway, let him mature and get experience first, the lad has only played 40 prem games so lets keep an eye on him and see how he develops.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #27: Nov 27, 2006 04:10:22 pm
      Micah does look good but the prices for young english players are abit extream so could maybe cost 15+ million......

Dani Alves does look great and I would like to see him but I dont think we have any cash anyway to be honest so It could be a Lucas Neill and thats it!!..........
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #28: Nov 27, 2006 09:14:59 pm
      I dont think we will get niell in Jan, his contract expires in the summer and i think rafa will leave it till then.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2006 10:19:17 pm
      I know i'm late, but why are people looking abroad at these players?? Yes they're ace, BUT what about Shaun Wright-Philips? He's got pace, and I'm sure he would relish the challenge at anfield. He's scrapping the barrel for a game at the moment. He'd be a good addition, also Defoe, and get rid of Bellamy - he moans too damn much,and has missed some sitters already this season.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2006 10:48:56 pm
      We won't panic buy in January.  We never do.  Besides who could we possibly get?  The players we have need to start performing before Rafa can actually assess whether they are up to scratch.

Apart from JP.  We know about him already.
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 01, 2006 10:27:07 am

I think Micah would be an awesome signing, but he is young and Man City wont want the same to happen to him that happened to SWP when the big boys came sniffing, Register the interest now and maintain our good relations with the Blue half of manchester, they will not sell him just yet anyway, let him mature and get experience first, the lad has only played 40 prem games so lets keep an eye on him and see how he develops.

my thoughts exactly, Micah is looking good but Psycho will be reluctant to let him go. he may be tempted in the summer but we'll need to be on the ball as i imagine alot of the big boys will come with big offers.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #32: Dec 01, 2006 04:07:14 pm
      Reports yesterday suggested pavon from real is on his way,surely madrid 5th choice centre back isnt good enough for us.today ive heard cinincho (rb)from madrid might be on his way.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: Dec 01, 2006 09:58:34 pm
      look al be honest! a dont think we need anyone! am all for improving the team but a would rather have a settled team rather than a team who is unsure if they have a future at the club! for mr NO ONE!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 01, 2006 10:05:39 pm
      i only want to build for the future now
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #35: Dec 01, 2006 10:24:33 pm
      The future might not be that bad, We brought a lot of players in this summer and I think its a bit to early to judge any of them (even dirty dick!). All of our establishished players, and every other teams players that came back from the World cup aren't performing at their best. We've got a few very promising youngsters coming through too. People have been critisizing Rafa's buys but Alonso, Kuyt and Agger are pure class, to say we are mirroring Geds team's not fair because Rafa hasn't had the money the other fella had, I've already said I dont want Lucas Niell, but I do think that the full backs are a weakness and should be covered, not least to keep Riise and Finnan on their toes. The January transfer window is always limmited too, as teams are playing for European qualification and suvival and keeping their players may be worth more to them in terms of prizes and money than if the player left on a free at the end of his contract. So I dont see a lot of changes, the Summer seems to be the time for the big moves.

Right thats enough of the serious posts from me, I want to talk about STD's and the Wigan Bar maids Im going to meet tomorrow  ;)
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #36: Dec 01, 2006 10:26:41 pm
      i still think the futre matters a great deal for this club tho
      TotalLFC
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 02, 2006 02:28:01 pm
      Give Bellamy 'till the window opens and if he doesn't impress, try and get a swap deal for Defoe (can't see Jol accepting, though)

Deffo keep Gonzales, he get's way too much stick.

As for Pennant; for the Kop to boo him, he must be doing bad. Give him a chance and maybe get rid in the Summer if he fails.

I'd love to see Rafa go for Alves again, too.

Also, i'll probably be murdered for this but i wouldn't mind seeing us go for Joey Barton.
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #38: Dec 04, 2006 09:49:35 pm
      Keep Bellamy as he proved when put through he can be world class
      Give Pennant untill the summer time, £6.7 can't go much wrong but i know he can play his worth
      Gonzalez is like a gem, one of the best players in Spain last year. All he needs is to adapt to the style and he will be class so keep him

Maybe ditch Warnock & Zenden

Buy Daniel Alves if we have the money by then that is
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 04, 2006 09:52:59 pm
      what have you got against warnock may i ask ?
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 04, 2006 09:59:58 pm
      what have you got against warnock may i ask ?

Well everytime i have seen him play he makes a silly foul near the penalty box and i just don't think he offers the quality of Riise or maybe Aurelio can. I admit that Warnock is not as bad as i might of made out but we already have 2 left backs.

ps warnock better than traore
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #41: Dec 04, 2006 10:10:52 pm
      Well everytime i have seen him play he makes a silly foul near the penalty box and i just don't think he offers the quality of Riise or maybe Aurelio can. I admit that Warnock is not as bad as i might of made out but we already have 2 left backs.

ps warnock better than traore
      there aint many out there that is worse than traore, apart from pennants presant displays!!!
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #42: Dec 04, 2006 10:14:57 pm
      there aint many out there that is worse than traore, apart from pennants presant displays!!!

Pennant has not looked too bad, i think some fans are being a bit too harsh on him. I don't know if he was booed or not but to be booed by your own fans is out of order, i mean getting booed by the fans of the team you supported as a kid? i would want to cry!

He looks good in Europe though, one of our best players
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #43: Dec 04, 2006 10:23:26 pm
      Pennant has not looked too bad, i think some fans are being a bit too harsh on him. I don't know if he was booed or not but to be booed by your own fans is out of order, i mean getting booed by the fans of the team you supported as a kid? i would want to cry!

He looks good in Europe though, one of our best players

Are you having a laugh?  He gets paid tens of thousands of pounds a week and consistently underperforms.  I don't think it was necessarily a great big boo - but when 40,000 sigh in frustration it does make that noise...

One of our best players in Europe??  Disagree.
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #44: Dec 04, 2006 10:26:23 pm
      Are you having a laugh?  He gets paid tens of thousands of pounds a week and consistently underperforms.  I don't think it was necessarily a great big boo - but when 40,000 sigh in frustration it does make that noise...

One of our best players in Europe??  Disagree.

He did well against PSV and very well against Galatasaray at Anfield and remember he was our best player in the 2 legs against Hafia!
      He is a big lightweight so maybe like Luis Garica this competition will suit him
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #45: Dec 04, 2006 10:28:11 pm
      i did say 'present displays' and i totally agree that he shouldnt be boo'd by his own supporters.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #46: Dec 05, 2006 11:51:01 pm
      I still think we need a right winger. 

With all this investment news I would be very surprised if the reds released any funds.  We need this deal to either get done quickly or put on the back-burner otherwise we will come to a temporary stop of planning player purchases etc.

FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #47: Dec 06, 2006 01:10:13 am
      I think Dani Alves would be a sensible buy in January because he can cover RB & RM so if Finnan gets injured he can move to right back otherwise he can be first choice RM with Pennant on bench!

ANYONE AGREE???  :action-smiley-057:
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 06, 2006 11:09:35 am
      i would love to see dani alves on the right wing for liverpool from what i herd and what i have seen he seems to be a very skillfull player

Quick Reply