Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Keano - Liverpool: After the Divorce

Read 15285 times
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Keano - Liverpool: After the Divorce
      Reply #92: Feb 10, 2009 12:11:11 am
      All his comments just goes to show how pampered he was a Spurs. Ano he is pissed off, that he was given just six months but if he didnt pull stupid faces when he is put on the bench and performed on the pitch there wouldnt be a problem.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #93: Feb 10, 2009 12:53:24 am
      Big fish at Spurs.

Fancy walking back in and being made Captain.  What does that say to the rest of the players? 

He couldn't handle the pressure at Liverpool - plain and simple.  He didn't like being one of the also rans, but his performances proved that was all he was.

Disappointed in him, but not totally surprised.
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #94: Feb 10, 2009 08:03:27 pm
      Mr Keane never fitted in at anfield because he came with a prema donna attitide, and grumpy temprament which he learned from Berbatov. This whole shinanigans is like History repeating itself, Cisse had a similar attitude albeit he was more showboaty and thought the whole world revolved around his hair styles. It was not about the football it was about a clash of personality, he didnt like being on the bench and told Rafa as much Rafa was putting him in his place and letting him know who the boss was simple as really, in the end it came down to "I just cant work with him ReeK get rid of him".
      Seeing as Rafa never bought him in the first place you cant blame him, Keane only has himself to blame and just by stating "im not going to slag anyone off" he has already laid the foundations of sour grapes. If he was any sort of the person he claims to be in his interviews he would not have talked to the press and thats a fact. I think a chant is in order for May "who the f**k is robbie keane who the f**k is robbie keane, he slags off our boss cos he dont give a toss who the f**k is robbie keane.
      You have no idea what you are on about while Robbie was a liverpool player his professionalism was unquestionable and could anyone honestly blame him for having a go at Rafa in the press he wasn't given a fair chance half a season and most of it on the bench,playing loan striker, wide right is not where he plays best.

Before Keane left about 90% of the fans backed him I'm sick of people having a cheap dig at Keane because he said it might have worked out with a different manager,and it might have there is no denying Keane is a quality player.

But if we dint stop talking sh*te about Keane were going to have these argument's til may.I think it would be best if everyone just moved on lock topic ?
      Floridair
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #95: Feb 10, 2009 08:22:23 pm
      Let's face it Robbie hasn't been a superstar at any club other than Spurs. So I think that kinda proves he was never our standard. I wouldn't hold that against him though and I thought he gave it a go and the goal against the gooners was class  ;D
      kopfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts |
      Reply #96: Feb 11, 2009 04:49:04 pm
      It had proven time n time.
      R.Keane is good but not he cannot play well in a BIG club.
      He flopped when he went to Inter... and now.. Liverpool.
      Why he shine in international? we know.. rep of ireland is not a BIG team in world ranking..
      He is more suitable to play for underdog team... bye Keane..... if you are a true Liverpool Supporter.. I will say "Thanks for trying"..
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #97: Feb 11, 2009 10:21:16 pm
      It had proven time n time.
      R.Keane is good but not he cannot play well in a BIG club.
      He flopped when he went to Inter... and now.. Liverpool.
      Why he shine in international? we know.. rep of ireland is not a BIG team in world ranking..
      He is more suitable to play for underdog team... bye Keane..... if you are a true Liverpool Supporter.. I will say "Thanks for trying"..

Hasn't performed to his capability for Ireland for a while either now mate. Scored two tonight but one was a penalty and the other was a falling header ! I wish him all the luck in the world though and I hope he starts playing brilliantly for Ireland and crap for Spurs !
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #98: Feb 11, 2009 10:27:34 pm
      . Scored two tonight but one was a penalty and the other was a falling header !   he starts playing brilliantly for
      What do you mean falling header he showed fantastic technical ability with his shoulder to prod it home !
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #99: Feb 11, 2009 10:32:16 pm
      No matter what Im just glad he scored ! Poor enough result for Ireland though. I was disgusted when we went a goal down after 46 seconds !!!
      Still as Ive said elsewhere, I just wish we had signed Kevin Doyle instead of Keane. His way better, faster, younger and he's from the same town as me !! ;D
      Seriously though I reckon we should consider him an option in the next transfer window. Very impressive again tonight !
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #100: Feb 11, 2009 10:37:47 pm
      Ya he is quality. But it was a good result for Ireland tonight considering they held Bulgaria,and Italy we have to get Steven Ireland back. I was very impresed with Andrews he is a complete workhorse !
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #101: Feb 11, 2009 10:42:26 pm
      Yeah it was a dodgy enough decision disallowing his goal too ! As for Steven Ireland, it would be great if he would return to international football but to be honest I think people are making too much of a big deal about him. There's nearly as much of a media frenzy surrounding whether he will or won't come back as when Roy Keane left us in the middle of a World Cup campaign !!! And Ireland is not half the player with half the influence that Keane had !!
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #102: Feb 11, 2009 11:00:45 pm
      But compared to Whelan, Ireland is streets ahead and he would give the team a huge lift obiously he is nothing compared to Roy Keane but there is no deneying we have a weak enough midfield !
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #103: Feb 11, 2009 11:06:12 pm
      Keane had a crap game tonight but he scored two goals. playing in a formation that suits hims and he's the big fish with Ireland. Agree with you on Kevin Doyle though, would've been a better and cheaper option. But doubt he's ready for Liverpool just yet.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #104: Feb 12, 2009 01:30:05 am
      But doubt he's ready for Liverpool just yet.

I dont know. His first season in the premiership he set it alight and was one of the top scorers. At the moment I think he's the top scorer in the championship............ ..I think he's gonna score goals no matter what club he's at !

Quick Reply