Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool v England

Read 15489 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool v England
      Reply #207: Feb 12, 2009 06:27:10 pm
      I don't think Spain were that brilliant on the night though, 1st half they only created one clear chance and that was the goal where Villa made a mug out of Jagelka with his great footwork. 2nd half they create a couple more chances but ultimately their goal came from a simple set piece from Xavi. They knock the ball around pretty nice for large periods of the game but really from what saw and what I read in are two completely difference things but I guess the media just loves to sh*t on England and under Capello those chances have come few and far between.

England problem on the night was really Barry/Carrick simply being over-run by the Senna/Alonso. Carrick is one player who is weird because he does very well with United but doesn't seem to be any good for England. They were shut down which meant the link from mid-field to the strikers were broke. Also how England keep using James is crazy, I think if history shown us England can't rely on James.

I also don't get why people want another striker after we seen the craziness of Keane (though not as good as Villa) and the past Euro Torres works better up on his own, I guess it is short memories :D Like I said in the match Silva the more I watch of him the more I like him and would think he would fill in a void and with his versatility to play left, right and center he would be a perfect fit.

Quick Reply