Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see at Anfield next season?

David Silva
      (48.4%)
      Carlos Tevez
      (10.9%)
      David Villa
      (28.3%)
      Samuel Eto'o
      (3.1%)
      Yoann Gourcuff
      (1.9%)
      Gareth Barry
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (4.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Amir Zaki
      (0.9%)
      Michael Owen
      (1.2%)

General transfer discussion - summer 2009

Read 188270 times
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Re: General transfer discussion - summer 2009
      Reply #2760: Sep 01, 2009 09:15:44 pm
      We will see if it is that bad if Stevie or Torres get injured, as long as we get no injuries we should be okay, but if either of them get injured our bench is hardly full of goals.

If either of them get injured we ARE f****d!!! It is not a matter of "we will see" but we ARE!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2761: Sep 01, 2009 09:19:56 pm
      I'm not going to be so negative, Voronin and Babel have got the goals in them to fire us to the 19th   :f_tongueincheek:

Ok I'll get me coat  :f_whistle:
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #2762: Sep 01, 2009 09:27:52 pm
      I'm not going to be so negative, Voronin and Babel have got the goals in them to fire us to the 19th   :f_tongueincheek:

Ok I'll get me coat  :f_whistle:

;D! i think that would be best!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #2763: Sep 01, 2009 09:51:46 pm
      is Torres really going to be happy staying on for a 4th season, with no real prospect of winning the league??

Get a grip lad! We finished second without Torres for the most part of last season. We pushed Utd and gave them a proper scare in the last few months.

If Torres avoids injuries, we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, don't believe all of that doom and gloom bollocks you read in the papers.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #2764: Sep 01, 2009 10:40:59 pm
      bottom line is that our squad is weaker than in previous seasons. we may have a comparable first 11 with Aquilani and Johnson  in the team but the beyond is that we are very weak. The day that Voronin is second choice striker at Liverpool you know that things are not good. The Yanks have presided over this, invested no money and have taken money we should have spent on bringing in better players. I am surprised that Rafa hasn't
      left to be honest.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2765: Sep 01, 2009 10:43:33 pm
      Weaker than previous seasons?

No way Jose.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Reply #2766: Sep 01, 2009 10:45:35 pm
      Weaker than previous seasons?

No way Jose.

The squad as a whole yes I'd say.

The first 11? Definitely not.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2767: Sep 01, 2009 10:50:07 pm
      First XI for me, I can not say we are stronger at the moment as I have not seen Aquilani in a red shirt performing in the premiership, yes Johnson is definitely an upgrade on Arbeloa but we are significantly weaker in the center of midfield at the moment so at this moment in time, I'd say our first XI is weaker.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #2768: Sep 01, 2009 11:08:42 pm
      Liverpool, transfer window....whatever do you mean
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2769: Sep 01, 2009 11:22:02 pm
      Argh!

So much for all the bollocks announcements.

And so much for Silva, Villa, Bentley, Carlton Cole and other shitholes being spotted at Melwood.

So I suppose there's no chance that we might get anyone now?
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #2770: Sep 01, 2009 11:23:33 pm
      Argh!

And so much for Silva, Villa, Bentley, Carlton Cole and other shitholes being spotted at Melwood.

Considering the transfer window closed @ 5??!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2771: Sep 01, 2009 11:24:07 pm
      LFC news
      1)I can confirm that benitez is waiting on an answer from the yank prats on funds being made available for david silva.If yes, then silva will come in for around 18 million quid. If no, then it is possible benitez will walk! This is a real rumour but all depends on the yanks!!

2)Ok LFC fans tomorrow is a key day in our history, if there are no new transfers it means the americans have blocked them and Rafa has been lied to when he signed his new contract.

Rafa actually walked out a couple of days ago but was persuaded by Purslow, Dalglish and Sammy to stay.

Rafa will resign and a yes man will be appointed when this happens the club will be put into administration to stop any players (Torres, Masch, Stevie etc) to leave in January.

The new manager may be from within the club (Dalglish?) but most likely a manager capable of getting European football but one who won't rock the boat

3)Man City News. . . . .

City will sign one the following before the deadline in order.

1. Toure
      2. Javier Alejandro Mascherano
      3. Ribbery

4)Expect to see Benitez quit once the window closes. The Yanks pulled the money that he was promised and the deal for David Villa, Joe Cole, and David Silva that was on the cards as late as Friday has gone to hell.

In the know: AKA Anfield insider . . watch this space

5)With John Arne Riise almost off to Bayern Munich, Andrea Dossena will return to Italy to play for Roma in a swap deal involving Julio Baptista. Rafael Sobis will sign for Liverpool in the coming hours as he was on the first flight to Heathrow from Brazil yesterday and has just arrived on Merseyside to conclude a medical and sign a Four Year deal worth €40k.

6)Rafael van der Vaart seen checking into a central Liverpool hotel this evening.

Liverpool to announce signing on Tuesday subject to successful medical and agreement of personal terms on Monday.

7)Liverpool are hijacking Everton's move for Ever Banega. Benitez has offered circa 8 million for the Argentine. Valencia are broke, and likely to go for the deal, even though Everton were willing to pay an extra 3 million after their loan proposal was successfully completed

I found these rumours related to Liverpool going around(transferrumours.co.uk) more than likely sh't but might bring a little more excitment to the thread for the last 24 hours of the transfer deadline because at the moment it is dead.

Surprise surprise not a single one of these things happened.

Just a thought - Shouldn't the poll at the top of the thread be locked now?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2772: Sep 01, 2009 11:24:56 pm
      Argh!

Nope windows gone till January, looks like Rafa his dealing from the deck he has got........
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2773: Sep 01, 2009 11:25:42 pm
      I would of been really happy with Carlton Cole or Bentley sadly it was not to be :(

Cant we still get people on loan or is the deadline for any kind of transfer ?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2774: Sep 01, 2009 11:26:11 pm
      Screw all rumours.

We should have seen it coming that with the fat yank lards who only care about more burgers, there would be no chance of us signing anyone ::)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2775: Sep 01, 2009 11:28:02 pm
      Screw all rumours.

We should have seen it coming that with the fat yank lards who only care about more burgers, there would be no chance of us signing anyone ::)

Don't know rumour has it Ronald Macdonald will be signed as a right winger in January
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2776: Sep 01, 2009 11:32:02 pm
      We've got a huge squad of players, agree, some are not up to the standard required, but we are just going to have to take a chance with some of the younger lads.

Disappointed I have to say that we didn't sign someone like David Silva though, but I also know that we haven't got any dosh because of Pinky and Perky being in charge  ::)

At least Glen Johnson seems to be a good signing unlike Mr Keane who we bought last year.
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #2777: Sep 01, 2009 11:43:42 pm
      I really think blooding some of the youth this season is our only option! give them a chance! an unknown quantity can do wonders for confidence & morale......hate to admit it but look at the confidence Macheda gave Utd last season when they were stuttering badly & it looked like it was all going to fall apart!!

Though it still wouldve been nice to see a big name attacker come in!
      ERMIS REDS
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #2778: Sep 02, 2009 12:00:44 am
      I don't think Rafa is the kind of a manager who will give chances to the younger lads coming through the ranks and his time at the club testifies to that conclusion. Look what happened to Nemeth lately he used him in the far east tour he scored twice and then send him packing to AEK Athens (he already made a big impression playing his first game on Sunday gone for his new club). I know he is only on loan there but how many times did people return from their loan periods at other clubs to play for their own club? especially if you get regular football at your new club why go back to Liverpool FC when you will not get a look in probably by Rafa!!!!! 
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #2779: Sep 02, 2009 12:24:03 am
      i know i was shocked he let Nemeth go to Athens i really thought he would have been 1 of said youth players to maybe get a chance this season!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2780: Sep 02, 2009 12:27:52 am
      Yeah me too.....I really thought Nemeth had it in him to make a real go in the first team, let's hope Rafa gives Pacheco a go eh  ::) maybe in the Carling cup against Leeds.
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #2781: Sep 02, 2009 12:32:36 am
      we can only hope.....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2782: Sep 02, 2009 12:32:39 am
      General transfer discussion summer 09 my arse!

Excuse me while I look for Rafa's magic wand to lock this thread.

Quick Reply