Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Emiliano Insua (-> Sporting Lisbon)

Read 172175 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Emiliano Insua (-> Sporting Lisbon)
      Nov 23, 2006 08:56:04 pm
      One of the reds latest players, Emiliano Insua, who is 17 years old, a defender from Boca Juniors who is on loan to Liverpool with an option to buy.

This was him last night watching the reds v PSV at Anfield.

« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2011 01:33:06 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Emiliano Insua
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2006 08:59:32 pm
      good post mate, just hope he's not another Barragan.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2006 09:01:01 pm
      Yep - nearly forgot the story from The Echo last night:

LIVERPOOL are close to snapping up Argentina starlet Emiliano Insua in a deal worth around £1m.

The 17-year-old left-back arrived on Merseyside today from legendary South American club Boca Juniors.

He'll be at Anfield in time to watch tonight's Champions League clash with PSV.

It's anticipated he'll initially sign on loan until the end of the season, with the deal agreed to make the move permanent next summer.

Insua is part of the exciting Argentine Under-20 side who are currently world champions at their level, and his arrival is part of an ongoing strategy by Rafa Benitez to recruit elite youngsters from across the world and provide a stable foundation for the future of the club.

Chief scouts Frank McParland and Eduardo Macia have been entrusted to scour the globe for potential stars of the future.

Insua comes into that category, having been spotted excelling for his country's youth team, and there are expected to be more recruits in the New Year.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona were tracking Insua, but Liverpool were the first to show an interest in the teenager, prompting him to reject recent moves from Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

There are those at Anfield who believe Insua could challenge for a first team spot before the end of this season, and will certainly be an option in time for the 2007-08 campaign.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 09:01:55 pm by koolkidda »
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2006 09:06:34 pm
      god, he doesnt look 17.

can someone clarify on this, i think we have a buy back clause on antonio barragan? and i think he's a right back eh? what if all right back options were gone, would rafa come back for him?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2006 09:35:15 pm
      Sounds like an intelligent kid coming to Liverpool and binning the mancs and the chavs.... ;) ;D
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2006 09:42:45 pm
      looks like a young ronaldo, lets hope he plays like ronaldo (in his prime)
      cant be bad if barca madrid scum and scummer were interested in him.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2006 11:33:46 pm
      He looks like a young version of Gianfranco Zola
      Sorry for an ex-Chelsea player to appear on the post, but who here agrees?
      Oh by the way, found a pic of him without a Chav shirt on  ;)
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 11:36:10 pm by Court_LFC »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2006 11:49:35 pm
      He looks like a young version of Gianfranco Zola
      Sorry for an ex-Chelsea player to appear on the post, but who here agrees?
      Oh by the way, found a pic of him without a Chav shirt on  ;)

He does look like Zola.  Right that's it - send him back!! ;) ;)

As long as he plays like him - he can stay. 
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2006 03:14:05 pm
      One of the reds latest players, Emiliano Insua, who is 17 years old, a defender from Boca Juniors who is on loan to Liverpool with an option to buy.

This was him last night watching the reds v PSV at Anfield.

Not another muppet with a camera at the game!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 24, 2006 03:47:04 pm
      anyone got any background on him?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2006 06:59:48 pm
      Emiliano Insua
      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Jump to: navigation, search

Emiliano Insua is a 17-year-old Argentinian left-back on loan at English Premier League club Liverpool from Argentinian club Boca Juniors.

The 17-year-old left back is yet to make the first-team breakthrough at La Bombonera, but he has already been tipped for a bright future.

Reds scouts Frank McParland and Eduardo Macia highlighted Insua's potential to Rafa Benitez and a deal was finalised.

Liverpool took the player on loan for which they paid nearly £100,000 - after which point they will pay a further £1 million to finalise the move.

Insua, an Argentine youth international, arrived in England in November 2006 after the two clubs struck the deal.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #11: Nov 24, 2006 07:02:30 pm
      thank you so every website bar liverpoolfc.tv says we've got him
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #12: Nov 24, 2006 08:52:03 pm

Not another muppet with a camera at the game!

;) - Surely that's not his hands holding that camera!!! - Got to be the guys in front holding it aloft.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #13: Nov 24, 2006 08:59:10 pm
      ahh you may have a point ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,740 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Nov 25, 2006 10:23:36 am
      Crazy Horse, "not another muppet with a camera".....mate, if I was coming all the way from Down Under to see the reds, which is what I'm hoping to do b4 we move from Anfield. it'd be my first game ever. I'd wanna bring a camera as well to capture as many moments as possible....I know though, that'd I'd be watching the game and taking photo's b4 and after game and during half time break. Does that mean I'd be a muppet too? ??? ???
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #15: Nov 26, 2006 12:51:12 pm
      Crazy Horse, "not another muppet with a camera".....mate, if I was coming all the way from Down Under to see the reds, which is what I'm hoping to do b4 we move from Anfield. it'd be my first game ever. I'd wanna bring a camera as well to capture as many moments as possible....I know though, that'd I'd be watching the game and taking photo's b4 and after game and during half time break. Does that mean I'd be a muppet too? ??? ???

Not at all Lad, its just a small thing called humour! He's not holding the Camera, but the thought of a future Liverpool player sitting in the stands and taking snaps of Stevie G for his scrap book just tickled me. I appologise and promise never to joke or smile again while logging onto this site and I can fully understand that you would want to take pictures at Anfield if you travel half way across the world to visit Liverpool and go the game. I have been to numerous European aways and I have taken pictures inside every ground that we have been to, some great memories of all the Lads having a great time. Once again just serious posts from Crazy Horse now to avoid any misunderstandings  ;)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #16: Nov 26, 2006 01:21:26 pm
      All part of the RTK campaign.

Of course you can take snaps at Anfield.  If I was at The Ashes now - something I wanted to do before I turned 30 - but alas not going to happen now - then I would be taking snaps.

It's just a pet gripe amongst red fans, and particularly local reds fans, of people taking pictures, pouring tea from their flasks etc, WHILE the game is going on and our full focus should be on singing, getting behind the team and more importantly celebrating!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Nov 26, 2006 05:04:59 pm

We'll make allowances seeing it will be a special occasion !!   ;) ;D ;D
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Nov 26, 2006 05:32:11 pm
      so bout this lad... is he all that? does anyone have anyfootage of him??
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 26, 2006 05:35:58 pm
      i am not sure but no one try youtube there are  no vids of him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,740 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: Nov 27, 2006 05:33:35 am

Not at all Lad, its just a small thing called humour! He's not holding the Camera, but the thought of a future Liverpool player sitting in the stands and taking snaps of Stevie G for his scrap book just tickled me. I appologise and promise never to joke or smile again while logging onto this site and I can fully understand that you would want to take pictures at Anfield if you travel half way across the world to visit Liverpool and go the game. I have been to numerous European aways and I have taken pictures inside every ground that we have been to, some great memories of all the Lads having a great time. Once again just serious posts from Crazy Horse now to avoid any misunderstandings  ;)

Sorry Crazy Horse, didnt realize you were referring to a future player...thought you were talking about fans...sorry to upset....keep the humour coming buddy.....
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #21: Nov 27, 2006 09:32:06 pm
      Signed today.  Not seen any footage of him - checked YouTube to no avail....
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 28, 2006 05:32:08 pm
      Signed today.  Not seen any footage of him - checked YouTube to no avail....
      he wasnt getting a game for boca juniours so.....[

Quick Reply