Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Emiliano Insua (-> Sporting Lisbon)

Read 172180 times
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Re: Emiliano Insua
      Reply #23: Nov 28, 2006 05:37:52 pm
      another 1 for the future probably
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 28, 2006 06:46:57 pm
      yeah what a team we'll have one day agger,insua,anderson,peltier and all them
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #25: Apr 11, 2008 12:42:13 am
      19 years old now. When's he gonna start playing first team football? He currently plays for Argentina U20 though...
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Apr 11, 2008 12:45:52 am
      RA Ra you must be bored mate "livening" posts up from 2006.  :laugh:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Apr 11, 2008 12:47:39 am
      RA Ra you must be bored mate "livening" posts up from 2006.  :laugh:

Your not wrong there. Whats even more strange is I'm tired, so why don't I just feck off to bed :D
      Nah I'm ok, not too bored if someone replys ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #28: Apr 11, 2008 12:54:02 am
      I definitely think he is one of the lads in the reserves that is right on the brink of the first team. He has looked a very good prospect this season for Gary Abblett's side & looked comfortable enough in the couple of appearances he's had for the first team. With the introduction of 7 subs from next season I think we may see a few more youngsters on the bench, and Insua will be one of them.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2008 01:27:56 am
      He will be one of the next to make the step up i think.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #30: May 05, 2008 08:26:29 pm
      Bright Bright future ahead of this young lad me thinks, real good game yesterday!!  Hope he plays @ Spurs next week so we get another look @ him.  Maybe we've found our new world beating LB??
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #31: May 05, 2008 09:25:12 pm
      Bright Bright future ahead of this young lad me thinks, real good game yesterday!!  Hope he plays @ Spurs next week so we get another look @ him.  Maybe we've found our new world beating LB??
      Totally agree mate,he seems to get forward a lot, but will need to be brought on carefully if we are to get the best out of him long term. I personally would have liked to see him as understudy to Gabriel Heinze for a season or two.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #32: May 05, 2008 11:51:28 pm
       I have been impressed with Insua and thought he handled himself well against Man City,I think he was playing to orders in this game and told to defend and not get forward too much.I do know he likes to attack and he is also a good passer  of the ball.If he has a good pre season he could very well find himself in the starting 11 next season.If he is good enough he is old enough.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: May 05, 2008 11:52:20 pm
      Totally agree mate,he seems to get forward a lot, but will need to be brought on carefully if we are to get the best out of him long term. I personally would have liked to see him as understudy to Gabriel Heinze for a season or two.

Yea that might work but look at people like micah richards and well arbeloa who were just thrown into the mix suddenly and they came out stronger for it, i'd like to give him a regular slot next season and see how eh goes ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #34: May 06, 2008 10:46:15 am
      Is Insua a full blown LFC player yet? I read some where that we don't own his registration... he is on loan?

Could somebody confirm...
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: May 06, 2008 03:25:47 pm
      insua is a new heinze...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #36: May 06, 2008 03:27:45 pm
      Is Insua a full blown LFC player yet? I read some where that we don't own his registration... he is on loan?

Not sure actually i've seen it said that he is and was part of the deal for paletta then seen elsewhere that its still just a loan.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #37: May 06, 2008 04:00:14 pm

He's on loan until the end of June - 18 month loan deal from January 2007. Hopefully the wheels are in motion to make him a proper red.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: May 06, 2008 04:22:27 pm
      He's on loan until the end of June - 18 month loan deal from January 2007. Hopefully the wheels are in motion to make him a proper red.

I think Rafa will have the deal in place. He's clearly part of his future plans.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #39: May 06, 2008 04:47:32 pm
      I have to say I was well impressed with how he held his own against Man City. Just wish I had seen him play a couple more games this season. Should definitley be made a permanent fixture at the club.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #40: May 06, 2008 09:55:06 pm
      Ye i don't want to sound like a clever clogs but how hasn't he featured much this season?  I'm not saying he's ready for week in week out appearances and the blood and thunder of the bigger games, but he looks like he has a stack of potential.  Ye i agree he does seem like a Heinz in the making, one to watch i think...
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: May 06, 2008 10:03:40 pm
      Rafa knows potential when he sees it and im sure e will be a fully pledged Red very soon
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #42: May 06, 2008 10:57:11 pm

I really cannot see Rafa giving a youngster a runout for the first team if he wasn't planning on keeping him, especially seeing as we don't own him so there can be no possibility we were putting him in the shop window.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #43: May 06, 2008 11:47:48 pm
      I think young Emiliano is a more attacking full back than Heinze. If he has Heinze's defensive qualities plus the attack mode he may become an even better prospect than Heinze is if looked after and not rushed. Quality in the making.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44: May 08, 2008 07:28:05 am
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez says Emiliano Insua, Damien Plessis and Krisztian Nemeth are in his plans for next season.

He told liverpoolfc.tv: "I think Insua showed the other day that he's a good player; he knows his job and what to do as a full back. He is still young but already has some experience.

Plessis showed against Arsenal what he can do.

"He is a big player with quality, so he can play and progress. Nemeth has not played with the first team yet but he is a player who has scored a lot of goals. He is very clever and you can see his movement. We are watching these and the rest."

I know that in my post i have Plessis and Nemeth but rafa now is thinking about some young players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: May 08, 2008 11:51:57 am
      The deal for Insua has been completed as part of the Paletta deal. What i heard.

Quick Reply