Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Emiliano Insua (-> Sporting Lisbon)

Read 172162 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Emiliano Insua Player Thread
      Reply #897: Jul 16, 2011 10:15:02 pm
      I always been a fan of Insua, thought due to Aurelio's injury he played way too many games than he is use to and gassed out half way through the season. I wouldn't mind if he was still around, he is still pretty young and could do a job at cover for whoever our new LB is but I still think at the end of the day he will be sold off with Aurelio being cover for next year, after that his contract be up than Robinson who will be moved up.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #898: Jul 16, 2011 10:54:50 pm
      Insua got played to death under Rafa, he looks like he has bulked up. I think he deserves another chance.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #899: Jul 17, 2011 12:31:32 pm
      Id only take Cissokho in the current market of whats left because he gives us some genuine pace down the flanks.

However Id have Insua over Enrique all day every day. Insua is committed to the club, still learning his trade,is a much better crosser of the ball and I genuinely believe he could be awesome for us if hes nurtured the right way.. with KK and clarke there im sure he will be be.

Why pay 10m for Enrique when insua is here now,takes less wages,is younger and in a few months will have even more experience to fix the small holes in his game.

Some of the crosses he put in were truly excellent making him and downing on the left look like a quality delivery system.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #900: Jul 17, 2011 05:34:01 pm
      Good to see him back, did well yesterday, looks a better all round player as well.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #901: Jul 17, 2011 09:16:42 pm
      Although he did ok yesterday, we were playing again sub standard opposition.. it seems like there are no real takers for the lad at the moment anyway so we may as well loan him to a Championship team or keep him in competition with Robinson.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #902: Jul 18, 2011 01:27:09 am
      If he can shed a few pounds, and be more confident and have a better technique in his tackling i would not mind him starting out at left back, but maybe not this year, if given the right guidance i feel he could become a real prospect in the next years.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #903: Jul 18, 2011 02:23:16 am
      Talking about his fitness ...

He has obviously spent some time in the gym ...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #904: Jul 18, 2011 02:35:25 am

LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #905: Jul 18, 2011 03:47:22 am

no comment
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #906: Jul 18, 2011 02:28:51 pm
      Deffo looks like he's been working hard in the weights room. I liked him when he forst came through but he had an absolute shocker the season before last and I really don't think he's the answer.

Besides, the more I see of Robinson the more I think we  might not need to go out and sign anyone for the LB spot.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #907: Jul 18, 2011 03:00:21 pm
      Deffo looks like he's been working hard in the weights room. I liked him when he forst came through but he had an absolute shocker the season before last and I really don't think he's the answer.

Besides, the more I see of Robinson the more I think we  might not need to go out and sign anyone for the LB spot.

If we do with Robinson what we did with Insua, he'll get roasted so many times it'll completely F**k up his development.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #908: Jul 18, 2011 03:02:59 pm
      I wish everyone would stop expecting so much from Robinson, he's an excellent prospect without a doubt, but I don't see him, nor do I want him regularly featuring for the first team for at least 2 seasons.

LB is a problem area though, ideally I'd like to get rid of Aurelio, get a first choice LB in and have Insua as cover, problem is no one is going to buy Aurelio, and he's too unreliable to be cover, we can't afford to buy a new left back, and keep both Aurelio and Insua in the squad.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #909: Jul 18, 2011 03:21:40 pm
      I wish everyone would stop expecting so much from Robinson, he's an excellent prospect without a doubt, but I don't see him, nor do I want him regularly featuring for the first team for at least 2 seasons.

LB is a problem area though, ideally I'd like to get rid of Aurelio, get a first choice LB in and have Insua as cover, problem is no one is going to buy Aurelio, and he's too unreliable to be cover, we can't afford to buy a new left back, and keep both Aurelio and Insua in the squad.
      I'm pretty sure we could afford it, don't forget we're not in the H&G days anymore, and it would be nice to finally have a few options at LB
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #910: Jul 18, 2011 03:33:02 pm
      I'm pretty sure we could afford it, don't forget we're not in the H&G days anymore, and it would be nice to finally have a few options at LB

I wasn't talking Transfer budget wise, having to pay the wages of 3 left backs seems pretty stupid though, and wouldn't help the FFP rules.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #911: Jul 18, 2011 03:50:47 pm
      I wasn't talking Transfer budget wise, having to pay the wages of 3 left backs seems pretty stupid though, and wouldn't help the FFP rules.
      Ahh I get you. I think Insua is probably the better back-up like you said but I still think Aurelio could provide a lot of experience to the youngsters
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #912: Jul 18, 2011 03:59:07 pm
       Robinson is already a better player than Insua IMHO. He's got the gears which is crucial for a young full back. Insua I'm afraid is moderate at best. Move him on to make space for the better players coming through.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #913: Jul 18, 2011 07:09:21 pm
      If we can get in another LB, i would not mind seeing him on loan to one of the lower level premiership clubs, thats only if we have cover at left back.
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #914: Jul 18, 2011 08:21:09 pm

no point keeping the lad out of the first team just for the sake of it. If he's good enough he's old is an old favourite in football and I think it applies here. Sure he'll make mistakes, young defenders always do but he looks an excellent prospect, great pace, composed on the ball and he seems very level headed. Granted, Insua looked decent in his few appearances as well but that's where the comparison ends for me. Robinson is a FAR better prospect than Insua ever was.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #915: Aug 07, 2011 07:24:24 pm

EmilianoInsua Emiliano Insua
      good afternoon everyone, some days without tweet, I want to say that I will not tweet until my future is decided...
      its a moment to be with the head up and relax. Keep training hard and wait until someone speak with me to know the situation. thanks to all.

Looks like his departure is imminent
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #916: Aug 07, 2011 07:27:50 pm
      EmilianoInsua
      good afternoon everyone, some days without tweet, i want to say that i will not tweet until my future is decided.its a moment to be with the head up and relax. Keep training hard and wait until someone speak with me to know the situation. thanks to all.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #917: Aug 07, 2011 07:43:48 pm
      Yeah I've just read that Ste, looks like Kenny has had a word in his ear, suggests to me they're trying to find him a new home.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #918: Aug 07, 2011 07:45:51 pm
      The end is near for Insua.
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #919: Aug 27, 2011 01:09:18 am
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply