Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Shaun Wright Phillips (Chelsea)

Read 7108 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: Shaun Wright Phillips (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: Jun 21, 2007 12:03:21 pm
      I actually think Pennett has the potential to be a world better.  He's still young, improved bigtime in the latter of last season.  Wasn't fazed by the big stage of the champions league final...gave Ashley Cole a nightmare in the semi.  And he loves Liverpool...what more do you want.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Jun 21, 2007 12:42:16 pm
      agreed pennant started to show signs of how good of a winger he can be, towards the end of the season and suddenly got tricks from know were !!
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #25: Jun 21, 2007 10:46:26 pm
      true pennant is a decent player when on form , like for the tail end of last season but hes no world beater and i dont think he has the potential to be. As for SWP i think he is on his day better than pennant but never in a milliion years will chelski sell him to us and anyway he aint no world beater either so id opt for a more accomplished winger if possible.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #26: Jun 21, 2007 11:53:05 pm
      Arrogant moron-iho has been left isloated from abramovic's rubels, the rumours of late that abramovic is keeping distance from club affairs might just be the ingredients of such a deal.  As SWP is really surplus stock and has been very ordinary at stamford bridge.  In the two years there has not been any consistency in team selection and performance by the player.  I think it is in the interest of both parties to move on, as what will be different for Swp.  I mean the set up doesn't suit him and his chances will be very limited.  As for them they need a new person ready for challenging for the position not a person that has failed for two years.

I think SWP would be a very good signing for 10m as he has the ingredients to be a world class player.  Its hard for attacking players under the current chelski set up.  It depends if he realises that its not really him but the decision that has failed.  And that he should try to find another big club to try and find his form. 
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 26, 2007 07:17:13 pm
      I would be all for a bid for SWP.  Wasted at chelsea but when given a few chances he has done well.  Hes a flair player and thats something that chelsea dont really do, they tend to grind out results.  I think SWP for 10 million could be excellent.  My only concern is that hes very slight. ne needs to get a bit more imposing on the pitch but apart from that would be good.  Not keen on wrighty giving his views all the time on sky though everytime his sons playing. what a nightmare.

Quick Reply