Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool's Rebranding Process

Read 14212 times
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,192 posts |
      Liverpool's Rebranding Process
      Feb 16, 2009 11:39:42 am
      I'm currently doing my A-Levels in school and for one of them i am taking geography.

For the half-term break i have been set to do a task on the rebranding* process of any place in England. I have chosen to do the city of Liverpool as it was Capital of Culture 2008 and shows how the city has improved over the years. As i am not from Liverpool or even close for that matter i was hoping to gain some information from people on her that live in or have lived in Liverpool who can direct me or tell me how the city has improved to make a better name for itself.

I seriously need help and have a week to do it so if anyone can help me please do so.

* Rebranding is the way or ways which a place is redeveloped and marketed so that it gains a new identity. It can then attract new investors and visitors.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Liverpool's Rebranding Process
      Reply #1: Feb 16, 2009 11:49:30 am
      Well if you don't mind copying off other peoples work then try this out: http://www.design-and-determination.com/londonmet/little-rebranding-liverpool.pdf

It shows "The Re-branding of Liverpool – tensions in the European Capital of Culture 2008".

I don't know whether it will help you or not but I thought it was worth a try. ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2: Feb 16, 2009 07:31:43 pm
      Well if you don't mind copying off other peoples work then try this out: http://www.design-and-determination.com/londonmet/little-rebranding-liverpool.pdf

It shows "The Re-branding of Liverpool – tensions in the European Capital of Culture 2008".

I don't know whether it will help you or not but I thought it was worth a try. ;)

You can never copy a Scouser.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Feb 16, 2009 10:40:18 pm
      I had to do this in Geography recently and then an exam on it :o, found it easy seeing as i moved from Liverpool where as the others struggled on it.

Don't know all what has to be included in yours but in mine i included things such as it being named the capital of culture, river mersey etc. Once you have figured out what you are going to be including you find you can write loads (well i did :D). It was about the one good piece of work i done in the subject too, coming out with an A on it ;D

Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 16, 2009 11:32:09 pm
      ^
      The thing is that i don't know much about the city and the main reason i chose to do Liverpool, was as you mentioned, Capital of Culture. Thanks for the hint on river mersey i'll look that up. ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Feb 16, 2009 11:48:30 pm
      You should definitely read up on Grosvenor's Paradise Project on creating Liverpool One then. Link

It's really reshaped and rebranded the shopping and leisure aspect of Liverpool city centre and has basically connected the city centre with the waterfront on a bigger scale.

Also the Kings Waterfront which has produced the Echo Arena and BT Convention centre. Link

The Echo Arena has rebranded the already rich music scene in Liverpool and see's artists and events performed here, that wasn't possible on such a scale in the past. The MTV Europe Music awards being an example.

Another good thing to research would be Peel Holdings. Link

They've had a major role in rebranding and regenerating Liverpool's waterfront and John Lennon airport.

And here's a nice link to include some panoramic pics before and during development in Liverpool city centre. You can follow other links off this page to look up other things too. Link

Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 17, 2009 11:01:35 am
      Cheers redkenny that would be very useful ;)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Feb 17, 2009 11:13:31 am
      If you want a different angle read Powder Wars.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 18, 2009 12:13:08 pm
      7-king kenny-7, how has the river mersey helped liverpool to rebrand? I couldn't find anything linked to what i need  ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Feb 23, 2009 09:42:23 pm
      You gonna tell everyone how you got on then Adz?
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 23, 2009 10:00:31 pm
      My class and teacher thought that it was very well presented and had most of the details that I needed and received lots of positive comments, the only negative comment i got was that I had too much text but had some very good pictures to illustrate the changes, I got 8 out of 10 and I think it was the highest in the class so far. So, i would like to thank those of you who helped me to get the necessary information and make my little project a success, special thanks must go to redkenny as he provided me with endless links which contained information regarding the construction of major projects some of which that have been completed and other that are in the process of completion.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Feb 23, 2009 10:05:55 pm
      7-king kenny-7, how has the river mersey helped liverpool to rebrand? I couldn't find anything linked to what I need  ???

Just include into a fact file sort of the thing. If you cant find much on it then just do what everyone else in my class seemed to do:

Wikipedia

I dont use Wikipedia often as you never know if the information is right or not but as far as the River Mersey is concerned it is a good site for information.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 23, 2009 11:04:46 pm
      Don't worry 7-K K-7, i don't need it now as i have finished, but thanks anyway.

Quick Reply