Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Craig Bellamy

Read 11000 times
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Bellamy (spurs)
      Reply #23: Apr 13, 2007 05:22:55 pm
      I think Bellers and Kuyt play really well together upfront, sometimes swapping Crouchy for Kuyt does us good too :)

I really hope we don't sell him, cos I really like him as a player.

Defoe? I dunno.. aren't we setting our sights higher, especially with a £40m kitty? We need someone who's gonna score as many as Drogba and Rooney if we want at a shot at the League!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Apr 13, 2007 05:29:27 pm
      Since when has Rooney been a goal machine???
      Rain
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 13, 2007 11:14:35 pm
      Honestly...I really don't think Bellamy is a suitable player for our team.Even if he scored a few goals that doesn't mean he'll be a top scorer one day, he could keep going like this for seasons on...scoring little.This is only my opinion and you are welcome to tell me I'm wrong.By the way, I think Saviola would be a good addition to our current squad.Barcelona is giving up on him and this is a great opportunity, because Saviola has value and he's kinda' cheap, for now...'cause if he starts scoring his price will go up.As I said before, you're welcome to tell me I'm wrong. ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2007 07:23:49 am
      If we are going to swap Bellamy for any spurs players I'd rather it was Berbatov or at least Keane than Defoe. I'd  love Bellers to succeed but 40 mill in the bank says he ain't the way forward...
      -iye-hoopster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 17, 2007 07:41:02 am
      i have heard he is coming back to celtic !!!

i also dont think this will happen as we are meant to be paying him 60 grand a week (cough cough)

would love to see the wee fella back in the hoops but i think he will stay a red (which is also good)

y.n.w.a
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #28: Apr 17, 2007 05:37:51 pm
      Sorry but what has Defoe done this season or even in his career. Keep Bellamy he hasnt had the chance. When he has a run in the team we benefit. Anyone remeber a certain afternoon at Wigan??? He was unstopable
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2007 01:26:54 am
      give bellamy another season.. he is as good as defoe  ;D why we want to buy defoe?is he better than bellamy?then y is he just warming up the bench? ???
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 26, 2007 07:48:42 am
      Not 100% sure if Bellamy is right for us, he just doesnt seem to have made the grade for us, Is he a great player in an average team like Newcastle, celtic and Blackburn, or is he an Average player in a great team like liverpool?? Maybe another season will show if this is true or not, but do we have the time, or the room in our squad to give him that chance??  :'(
      Whatever the answer, i trust rafa in whatever transfer dealings he does this summer??!!  :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #31: Apr 28, 2007 10:00:53 pm
      just sell him...selfish tw*t....
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #32: May 26, 2007 07:26:59 am
      looks like he's on the market again for approx 13 mill twice what we paid for him !  Aston Villa and i think West Ham are interested

Source:  SSN
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: May 26, 2007 02:21:13 pm
      Villa and WHU?! Aw he can do better than that! (No offence meant like)
      £13m is good though.
      Spurs have just bought Gareth Bale too, do they want the whole F***ing Welsh squad or something?!
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #34: May 26, 2007 06:43:01 pm
      I don't think anyone will pay that kind of money for Bellamy.  We got him for half that after he had his best ever season in terms of goals, although this was due to a clause in his contract.  £8-9m is more realistic.  That would represent an ok profit with more spare cash coming from selling the likes of Pongolle and Gonzalez.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #35: May 27, 2007 09:40:22 am
      any profit is good profit seen as though he's hardly set the world alight. 12-13 mill would be an awesome deal for us
      taylor
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #36: May 27, 2007 10:12:05 am
      lets give him a chance if he had the amount of games say kuyt had i think this wouldn't be up for disscusion,as for defoe if bellamy cant get a game what chance does defoe have when he cant even get a game for spurs.going for defoe isn't exactly pushing the boat out, we need to start buying class.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: May 27, 2007 12:04:33 pm
      Just spoke to someone who spoke to Bellamy's Dad (he lives near me at home) and his dad said a few weeks ago that Bellers is off to Villa..
      amemon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #38: May 27, 2007 05:04:55 pm
      he well done in the start of season !!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #39: May 27, 2007 05:27:51 pm
      Just spoke to someone who spoke to Bellamy's Dad (he lives near me at home) and his dad said a few weeks ago that Bellers is off to Villa..

Bet you got your binoculars out everytime he goes past eh Nic ?  I mean Craig not his dad !!  ;) ;D ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: May 27, 2007 07:19:43 pm
      I've never seen Bellers :'(
      Lots of people have seen him out though on a Fri/Sat night and said 'ohh he was drunk as hell, awful' - what he's not allowed to let go once in a while?! I dunno.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #41: May 28, 2007 09:07:08 am

Bellamy was never a long term signing,more of a 'stop gap' and even failed to deliver in those terms.

He is Sh@te and if we get 12 million then I will be amazed.

>:D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #42: May 28, 2007 07:46:41 pm
      agreed, if he had been any good he'd of been up front against AC Milan.  The only person missing that night was Crouchie who should of been on from the start or at least given him 45 mins to sort it !  ;) ;D
      adidasgerrard
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #43: May 29, 2007 07:10:18 pm
      if we get rid of bellaz he wont be able to show what he can do the best is for him to stay at liverpool. if you look at him playing for wales he doesn't score as many goals because he has got crap being shoved to him
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Craig Bellamy
      Reply #44: Jun 09, 2007 12:34:39 pm
      West Ham look like they aim to be able to pay Craig £70,000 per week for his services.  With the fall through of interest in Aston Villa, I expect Craig to be one of our first sales of the summer.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: Craig Bellamy
      Reply #45: Jun 09, 2007 07:12:00 pm
      West Ham look like they aim to be able to pay Craig £70,000 per week for his services.  With the fall through of interest in Aston Villa, I expect Craig to be one of our first sales of the summer.

Good riddance!

Quick Reply