Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Prison Break

Read 5976 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Prison Break
      Feb 17, 2009 01:49:24 pm
      Anybody else watch this?

My mate lent me the first series recently and I got really hooked, I watched the first episode of the second series a couple of weeks ago but I've kind of just stopped watching it for now.

I heard that the fourth series is the last, is it worth me watching the rest of the series or not?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Prison Break
      Reply #1: Feb 17, 2009 04:24:01 pm
      Series one of Prison Break is awesome, series two is great as well but I think thats where they should have ended it.  Although the series two finale was really good and I was excited for series three when it came back.  It was good too but kind of dragged out and series four is a bit ridiculous and far-fetched IMO.  Not that the other series weren't far-fecthed, the fourth series is just more so :D

Thankfully this is the last series and I'm basically only watching it because I've put so much time into watching the other ones.  The whole concept of Prison Break has been dragged out for too long but its still entertaining enough because of the characters.  I'd say keep watching and form your own opinions though.  I'm just disappointed because the first and second series were so good ;)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2: Feb 18, 2009 07:57:58 am
      I've been watching it. I'm now waiting for it to come back on Aussie television. Good show, although it is slightly far fetched
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #3: Feb 18, 2009 09:27:24 am
      The first 2 seasons were brilliant, after that it has become utter crap in my opinion.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Feb 18, 2009 10:54:42 pm
      The first 2 seasons were brilliant, after that it has become utter crap in my opinion.

Right. When I get the time I might just watch the rest of the second series and then stop haha.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 20, 2009 02:40:53 pm
      Right. When I get the time I might just watch the rest of the second series and then stop haha.
      Do yourself the justice.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Feb 21, 2009 05:16:30 am
      Although Prison Break has sort of drifted away from the Original concept and does seem a bit far fetched, I still can't get enough of it. it's non stop action from the first minute till the last. I'm going to keep watching it ...hope you stick it out as well mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Feb 21, 2009 05:05:08 pm
      Well said Aussie Red!

Just waiting for the last six episodes.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #8: Feb 21, 2009 05:14:51 pm
      This is one of my favourite shows on the box.  It has become a little far fetched, but i think they have realised this and thats why they are pulling the pin on it this year.

When you think of it, it is nowhere nearly as bad as Lost is.  I used to watch Lost all the time, but they completely ripped the arse clean out of it.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Feb 21, 2009 07:59:34 pm
      When you think of it, it is nowhere nearly as bad as Lost is.  I used to watch Lost all the time, but they completely ripped the arse clean out of it.

Oh, i love Lost!! Because there's only going to be one more season left, they're starting to tie everything together, and its all making sense now!!

velimirius
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2009 07:41:11 pm
      im on episode where they just escaped and plane left without them :D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #11: Feb 28, 2009 09:43:22 am

Going off-topic here.  I wouldn't blame anybody that ''lost'' interest in Lost because it did get extremely off track from the first and second season.  But if you continued to watch it then you're reaping the benefits now because it is amazing and as Bpatel said, tying up everything which IMO is just genius.  It has got a bit sci-fiesque but the storytelling and character development is the best I have ever seen on any show.  I envy the person that gets to watch all 6 seasons when its finished, back to back on DVD because they're in for a treat ;)

As for Prison Break, it used to have great storytelling and character development, but now its just mindless entertainment.  Which is still a good thing but a farcry from what it used to be.
      Landells
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2009 10:44:19 am
      I got 1+2+3 for £24 off amazon!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2009 10:32:55 pm
      I've still got series 2, borrowed off a friend but just haven't had the time to watch it, nor can I be bothered.
      OBY
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts | -1 
      Reply #14: Jun 29, 2009 11:53:26 am
      You really should watch it Ross, its the best season out of all four. And i to disagree with a few of you guys. I think prison break has gone off topic but in a good way. I mean did you want them to be put into a different prison every season? Variation is a good thing in my book.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 16, 2009 03:13:21 pm
      I'll echo everyone else's thoughts, and the first two seasons are brilliant. Mahone being added in Second season was a master stroke. And T-Bag is one of the best villains on TV for a LONG time.

So sad that its finished :(
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #16: Jul 16, 2009 03:15:51 pm
      Anybody else watch this?

My mate lent me the first series recently and I got really hooked, I watched the first episode of the second series a couple of weeks ago but I've kind of just stopped watching it for now.

I heard that the fourth series is the last, is it worth me watching the rest of the series or not?

Completely necessary to watch ALL seasons of Prison Break, yes the 4th is the last.  But they couldn't of took the plot any futher (but what a plot!).

Seriously.  It's amazing from start to finish, the 4th season has to be the best IMO.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #17: Jul 16, 2009 06:31:14 pm
      I went of it when moved to sky as went on hoils and turned it on one night it changed channel and miles in front of where i left it to long to catch up on it. It is the same with Lost anyone still watching that
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #18: Jul 16, 2009 07:28:24 pm
      At the time of my above post I think season 4 was in its early stages and at the beginning was complete sh*te but it definitely picks up and is worth watching.  The ending was quite good actually and sort of redeemed what I thought was a piss poor beginning to season 4.  Still reckon its the weakest season though, maybe you could say it was slightly better than season 3 because that was shorter.

And yes scottish lfc fan, I still watch Lost.  It pisses and shits all over Prison Break. ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #19: Jul 17, 2009 12:45:52 am
      Just seen the final episode ever made of the series.

What a finish ..didn't see one bit coming right at the end.

Going to miss this show. The missus is gutted...she is a big Wentworth Miller (Michael Schofield) fan.  I liked T-Bag myself...what a creepy little c**t.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #20: Jul 17, 2009 01:31:34 am
      What a finish ..didn't see one bit coming right at the end.
      I didn't see it coming either even with channel seven advertising season 4 on DVD with the ending you didn't see coming during the whole bloody show. ::)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Jul 17, 2009 02:41:51 pm
      And yes scottish lfc fan, I still watch Lost.  It pisses and shits all over Prison Break.  ;)

Is there any story to F***ing Lost. The name of the show explains the storyline and how most of the viewers feel!
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #22: Aug 13, 2009 06:02:45 am
      Love Prison Breaka adn love Lost!!!

Stupid Channel 7 (Australia) decided to randomly change the times / days they played both Season 4 - Prison break, and the last Season of Lost whatever it is, so I'd watch an ep then miss out bc they either played a double without advertising or they changed the days / times. So i need to sit down and watch the whole seasons of both

Apparently there's also a Prison Break movie - straight to DVD - which explains everythng that happens
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #23: Aug 13, 2009 07:00:20 am
      Apparently there's also a Prison Break movie - straight to DVD - which explains everythng that happens
      Didn't like the show after season 2, partly because of channel 7, but the movie could be interesting.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Aug 13, 2009 04:39:57 pm
      Love it!

The first season is a master piece, the 2nd one is amazing, while 3rd and 4rd have their moments, but overall are much worse. I liked it all anyway.

Never been much into series that wasnt sitcoms, but Prison Break opened an entirely new world to me. After many years I decided to give LOST a chance (loved it) and I will soon start to watch some other ones that my friends recommended (like House and Dexter).
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #25: Aug 13, 2009 04:44:27 pm
      I was a big fan of it, watched all of it from the start, first series was the best, second was alright, third was stupid but had some good parts, fourth was far fetched but very exciting and it ended well.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #26: Aug 21, 2009 09:20:05 am
      This was a brilliant series I was really gutted when I heard it was ending. At least they finished it off in style.

Quick Reply