Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

David Villa (Valencia -> Barcelona)

Read 255423 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      David Villa (Valencia -> Barcelona)
      Nov 28, 2006 10:59:05 pm
      Staff Edit: This topic began in 2006 when Liverpool were first linked with the player.  Since then it has been added to on every single transfer window.
      The player completed a €40M move to Barcelona on the 19th May 2010.

Source
      :- Sky Sports

Chelsea will have to start the bidding at £100 million if they want to buy David Villa, according to Valencia president Juan Soler.

The Blues have been linked with a move for the Spain international, but Soler claims that they have not yet received a bid.

And he has issued a warning that any interested party will have to match the player's €150 million buy-out clause if they want to begin negotiations.

Villa is reportedly being lined up as a replacement for Ukraine striker Andrei Shevchenko, who has failed to convince since his £30 million move from Milan in the summer.

But the player is under contract at the club until 2013 and Soler does not intend to let his prize asset leave without a fight.

"Officially, we have not received any interest or an offer from Chelsea for Villa," Soler told PA Sport.

"I met (Valencia sporting director Amedeo) Carboni this morning and he didn't mention anything regarding any possible interest from Chelsea for our striker.

"We have heard rumours, but that is all it is.

"We have no intention of selling him. But should any club be interested, they could sit down and negotiate his buy-out clause, which is currently worth €150 million (£100 million).

"Villa is a crucial player for us now and in the future."

Carboni has since commented on the speculation, echoing Soler's desire to retain the player.

"We haven't spoken about the rumours, but he is in our plans and we don't expect Villa to leave for any price."

Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen has also claimed to have no knowledge of any bid for the player.

"I don't know anything," he said.

"That is an issue of the first team and those matters are dealt with by coach Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon.

"He is a very good player, but at Chelsea we already have very good players."

100 Million?!?!?!?! How much did Valencia accually buy him for??
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2010 03:13:40 pm by JD »
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Re: Villa - Chelsea
      Reply #1: Nov 28, 2006 11:18:26 pm
      Valencia bought him for around £13m i think or it was £7m one of the two but they bought him from Zaragoza
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Nov 29, 2006 12:09:00 am
      Oh you're joking!
      Why didn't we make a bid for him?
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Nov 29, 2006 03:22:16 pm
      i hope chelsea dont get him
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 29, 2006 05:13:55 pm
      i dont think they will put a 100,000,000 mill bid in do you
      TotalLFC
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2006 07:20:52 pm
      I'd love him in our squad.
      Hope the Moneybags don't get him, though.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2006 12:59:51 pm
      i dont think they will put a 100,000,000 mill bid in do you
      You never know, we are talking about Chelsea after all...
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2006 02:13:05 pm
      Chelski would buy him just to piss us off.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #8: Jan 03, 2007 11:57:29 pm
      David Villa was at the Bolton game at Anfield as a 'guest' of his 'mate' Pepe Reina.....
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Re: David Villa (Valencia)
      Reply #9: Jan 04, 2007 12:06:10 am
      No player is worth that money, can never be returned in worth to the club. Valencia are playing the tough man antics with Chelski but Rafa knows the club, the board, the staff better than anyone, and if anybody can do a deal for him, its Rafa. Take a look at piece i just found about Villa on Wikipedia.

"Liverpool F.C have been linked with a move for the striker and he was in attendance to watch Liverpool beat Bolton 3-0 at Anfield on Monday 1st January as a VIP guest of the club. Valencia are said to be willing to do a deal with Liverpool for Villa if Liverpool add José Manuel Reina as part of any deal"

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: Jan 04, 2007 12:19:11 am
      If Pepe and Villa are mates off the field, then surely they would want to be mates on the field ?
      I've also heard about a cash + Pepe deal, but can't see it.
      To say Rafa would get a good deal also - no chance., could you imagine an ex manager coming back to his old club and wanting your best player on the cheap ??  ie Houllier after Gerrard.  Top money for top players - simple as that
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 04, 2007 12:23:57 am
      Agreed, but what I'm saying is that Valencia are playing the hard man game with Chelsea, "100million or we wont talk". Rafa wont get that rubbish and will quickly get a sense of a fair price for the player. Whether he can meet that figure or will want to is another matter. I'm not suggesting he will be offered to him on the cheap, but at least he can talk to his old pals and if a deal can be struck, it will, without all the nonsense 100million talk in papers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #12: Jan 04, 2007 12:27:43 am
      I don't know a lot about Villa's contract but I am pretty sure he re-signed not so long ago with a substantial buy-out clause in it.

I don't think we have David Villa kind of money just yet.  Interesting.  He will have been impressed by us at that game anyway.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 04, 2007 12:32:01 am
      He has a 100million buy out clause (150million Euros). He has another 6 years on his contract. He probably won't join but we can all hope. 25 goals in 35 games for Valencia last season in Spanis league!! some record. only 1 behind eto'o
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #14: Jan 04, 2007 12:34:51 am
      He has a 100million buy out clause (150million Euros). He has another 6 years on his contract. He probably won't join but we can all hope. 25 goals in 35 games for Valencia last season in Spanis league!! some record. only 1 behind eto'o

Didn't Diego Forlan finish top scorer last season ?, and he couldn't hack the Prem.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 04, 2007 12:44:44 am
      No Eto'o scored 26 in league last yr, Villa 25. Think Forlan was top goalscorer the yr after he left united. 2004/2005 season i think
      Ya just got on to Villareal website, Forlan top scorer two seasons ago, only has 5 this season so far.

"Forlán, who has been named touristic ambassador of Uruguay, is one of the most indispensable in his country’s team. Then, at Villarreal, he reached the ‘pichichi’ (Golden Boot) being the most striker in Europe at season 2004-2005."
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #16: Jan 05, 2007 05:31:35 pm
      Cheski wont buy his because-
                                               1)If they buy him he wont play because they have tons of strikers
                                               2)Even they are so f***ing rich they wont spend £100 million on one player
                                               3)Villa loves playing in spain so much he wont leave
       :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ??? ??? ??? ???
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2007 05:33:03 pm by rosscoveneyrules »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Jan 05, 2007 10:54:51 pm
      Cheski wont buy his because-
                                               1)If they buy him he wont play because they have tons of strikers
                                               2)Even they are so f***ing rich they wont spend £100 million on one player
                                               3)Villa loves playing in spain so much he wont leave
       :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ??? ??? ??? ???

If they got loads of strikers, why am i thinking they's be in sh*t street if Drogba got injured ?  ???
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Jan 06, 2007 03:04:18 am
      Maybe they would, but one thing is for sure Drogba is hot at the minute. He's bagging the goals.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Jan 06, 2007 11:09:40 am
      Maybe they would, but one thing is for sure Drogba is hot at the minute. He's bagging the goals.

There's no maybe about it Court, if Drog was injured they would be struggling big time..
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #20: Jan 07, 2007 09:29:36 pm
      There's no maybe about it Court, if Drog was injured they would be struggling big time..
      well lets snap him in the next game we have then shall we!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2007 05:20:48 pm
      Hargreaves is under contract at bayern but he seems to be moveing to the scum. Thats because he wants to go there. Its not good to have a player in your team who wants to be playing somewhere else. Mabey we can create a similar situation with Villa and Valencia especially with assistance from Riena. That will also lower the price to something more realistic. Utd and Chelski will always show interest in top players they think we are after, ther's been loads we've missed out on in the past due to thier poaching.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2007 01:39:54 am
      Anyone know where Drogba lives? It includes baseball bats.
      He'll only be injured untill the rest of the season ;D

Quick Reply