Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

David Villa (Valencia -> Barcelona)

Read 255364 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: David Villa (Valencia)
      Reply #1840: Mar 23, 2010 10:50:07 am
      Rafa's had an average of 5 million net per transfer window since H&G took over.
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #1841: Mar 23, 2010 06:46:02 pm
      Don't believe anything you read in the Manchester or London papers.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1842: Mar 23, 2010 07:43:02 pm
      With the debt of some of these top clubs I dont know if they CAN spend 100 million.  I know we cant and Man U cant. Man U's debt is almost 900 million.  I dont know what Chelsea's debt load is. I would assume high they have a lot of talent and high contracts. Honestly, I wouldn't be surpirsed if he went to Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Juve. If he went to the EPL. More than likely it would be City or Aston Villa.  I think Aston Villa could see him as the final piece at a run for a top 4 spot and possibly a league title next year. Remote chance of him coming to Anfield. Our owners are looking to dump talent not sign it.

I hate to admit it but their is more and more parity in the top 8 spots of the EPL table and I am up in tha air on this one. I think more parity makes for a better all around game and league and yes, I would like to see other teams make runs in the CL. I think the supporters of Villa and City deserve to see their teams in the CL. I want to see parity and teams really fighting to make it. It makes matches more exciting, its fun to watch and all in all good for the game.

In the next 2 seasons I wont be surprised seeing the top 4 shake out with Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs, and either City or Villa.  I think we'll see Man U make a dramatic slide in the next few years. Way too much debt for that team to handle. Even with new investors and sponsorship deals.  An 800+ Million debt is HUGE. I thought our 250 Million debt was big.  Man U are in trouble and we are seeing the last of their epic run. The 11 titles in the EPL came at a high cost and now the whole debt bubble for Man U is about to burst.  They cant continue bringing in the top players anymore. I honestly think that in the next 3-5 seasons that Man U will be a mid to low tier team and the mid table teams now will become better and the top 4 will be an all out war between the top 8 of the table. Look at Leeds. They gambled their future and lost and had to go through hell to just remain an organization and team. Now they seem to be getting back to playing top football and thats awesome. I want to see Leeds back and competing in the EPL.

It happens. Look at all the great runs over the last 50 years. Teams make fantastic runs and win cup after cup for many seasons than it ends. Eventually it catches up and all the "Pay now worry later" sh*t that Man U has done is coming back on them and we'll see them collapse and slide down the table. Its an inevitable aspect to the game. Liverpool can go either way.  The seem to be a "Bubble" team right now. Meaning that they can either go high or sink.  I just dont know. I really think that the majority of Issues confronting this club are all boardroom and backdoor politics between the owners,coaches and boardroom.  Most of it we dont even know about and If we did we would flip our wigs.

I dont think Rafa is coming back. This could be his final season at Anfield.  The war between him and H&G is a lot deeper and vicious than were being told.  Just the fact he is selling his house could be an indicator of things to come.  If we lose out on the CL and finish below 4th. I think its almost inevitable he would leave. Which in my opinion SUCKS.  I dont think their is a coach in the game right now that could come in and replace Rafa.  So if he leaves its a given that the next coach is not as qualified or good as Rafa.  Rafa is a top tier, top 5 coach in world football. No doubt.  You cant replace that. You cant make it better. If H&G replace him than its purely out of spite, not done "For the Team".   For comparison it would be like selling a Ferrari for beat up Ford and saying, I wanted a change. Some posters on here say we need to fire Rafa, but have no replacement in mind. They just say "Rafa needs to go" and my reply to that is "Why"? and "With Whom"?
      Oddly enough they never have a replacement in mind and one that is better. Because no one can "replace" him.

I'm a purist. I love "Good Football". I will watch any good match regardless of the team.  I cant wait for the Real Madrid / Barcelona match. I like watching the old firm matches. I love the Man U / Liverpool matches and Juventes and Inter.  Even the nasty matches like West Ham and Millwall, Liverpool / Everton.. I want to see Liverpool back on top for the next 20 years. But their is something to be said about two equal sides in a drag down, all things go match.  I just love world Football.  I wish the American sports had 10% of the passion that Football supporters have in England,Spain and Italy.  Nothing better.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1843: Mar 23, 2010 09:25:40 pm
      Didn't the Daily Star have a Jordan story for the day ?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1844: Mar 23, 2010 09:53:28 pm
      He''ll be at Barca next season. I couldn't blame anyone for wanting to play for them right now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1845: Mar 23, 2010 10:33:27 pm
      He''ll be at Barca next season. I couldn't blame anyone for wanting to play for them right now.

Would be a darn sight better than Ibrahimovic IMO
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1846: Mar 23, 2010 10:35:56 pm
      Definitely.

Still don't understand why Barca swapped Eto'o plus that amount of cash.

I'd have Villa over Ibrahimovic any day.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1847: Mar 23, 2010 11:56:14 pm

i'd have Eto'o over Ibra any day.

What? Barca did??! And then did THAT???!!!!???

On topic then.

Villa is boss.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #1848: Mar 24, 2010 01:09:08 am
      D'you know what? It's just struck me. This David Villa kid is good.

Maybe we should buy him.

What does everyone else think?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #1849: Mar 24, 2010 03:17:21 am
      Do you know what?
      I just realised we have two tw*ts for owner, who'll give us peanuts for a transfer budget.
      What do you say now? :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1850: Mar 24, 2010 03:42:42 am
      Do you know what?
      I just realised we have two tw*ts for owner, who'll give us peanuts for a transfer budget.
      What do you say now? :D

Whaaaattttt?!?!?!?!?!?! And here i was laying EVERYTHingG on Benitez's doorstep. F***ing hell. What a douche i am. And, a druk douche at that. Wooo! Beer.

Woops. Off topic ahain. VILLLAAAAA!!!

I want David Villa. At our team. Yeah. Him + Torres = Goals and a horny-over-beautiful-football BigV.

Get him Rafa or i shall blame you for all our problesm!!!!!

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1851: Mar 25, 2010 10:09:58 am
      Sadly I think the only way we get Villa with our two idiots as owners is if we flog one (or both) of Gerrard and Torres.
      I would love it if he came - but can't see it at the moment - and I certainly dont want to see Torres go.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1852: Mar 25, 2010 10:25:19 am
      Definitely.

Still don't understand why Barca swapped Eto'o plus that amount of cash.

i'd have Eto'o over Ibra any day.

What? Barca did??! And then did THAT???!!!!???

On topic then.

Villa is boss.

I'd have them both over Ibra. He's a classy player but they're both much more effective.

Not sure who i'd have between Villa and Eto'o, i rate them both similarly but i suppose Villa and Torres up top would work better than Eto'o and Torres..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1853: Mar 25, 2010 11:41:06 am
      Villa will come here when our finances are sorted. His man love for Torres compels him.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1854: Mar 25, 2010 12:42:22 pm
      Villa will come here when our finances are sorted. His man love for Torres compels him.
      He'll be 37 by then  :P
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #1855: Mar 25, 2010 01:02:16 pm
      Not anytime soon then. :P
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1856: Mar 25, 2010 01:13:01 pm
      I don't think it'll ever happen. More chance of signing Ricky Villa
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1857: Mar 25, 2010 01:15:44 pm
      I do!

We have to believe in something!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1858: Mar 25, 2010 01:49:57 pm
      He will never play for us, no point getting our hopes up again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1859: Mar 25, 2010 04:21:40 pm
      Dunno I've just seen a flying pig, whilst this little green Leprechaun was giving me a pot of gold for finding the end of a rainbow .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1860: Mar 25, 2010 04:23:12 pm
      Its actually being reported that Silva and Villa are to be sold in the summer as Valencia need to raise some capital.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #1861: Mar 25, 2010 04:26:09 pm
      Yeah, and its being quoted 40mil. by the tabloids.
      So out of our reach.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1862: Mar 25, 2010 04:53:10 pm
      Its actually being reported that Silva and Villa are to be sold in the summer as Valencia need to raise some capital.
      So do we Daz.

Quick Reply