Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

David Villa (Valencia -> Barcelona)

Read 254777 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: David Villa (Valencia)
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2007 09:48:19 am
      Anyone know where Drogba lives? It includes baseball bats.
      He'll only be injured untill the rest of the season ;D

think i've still got some matches left from you know who !!!  ;) ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2007 10:41:44 am
      I still possess the gaseline :D
      I think we are going to slow Chelsea season down a bit ;) ;D
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Interest 'flatters' David Villa
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2007 11:46:00 pm
      Found this article on the net.
      Taken from Setanta Sports

David Villa says that he is "flattered" by Liverpool and Chelsea's reported interest in him, like a timid girl blushing when offered a drink for the first time.

The Spaniard advertised his class to a European audience when scoring an audaciously brilliant free-kick against Inter Milan last month, and it is little wonder that he has been linked with Premiership sides.

The 25-year-old, who has been at Valencia since 2005, made comments to Tuesday's Daily Star that are of the familiar "could-be-interpreted-in-any-number-of-ways" variety.

"They are both big teams and have a lot of attraction," he said.

"Liverpool don't just have a coach in Rafael Benitez who is Spanish but I also have a lot of friends there.

"When Rafa was coach at Valencia and I was at Zaragoza there was contact about me joining Valencia but I could not arrive until the year after he left.

"The talk about the Premiership is flattering and it makes you see that if you are doing things well other teams should become interested in you," he added.

"But all the time there is nothing concrete, then I am not going to think about it too much.

"The day that happens we will look at the situation then.

"Things can happen in the future but right now I am happy at Valencia."

A sign? ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2007 12:08:46 am by Court_LFC »
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: Interest 'flatters' David Villa
      Reply #26: Apr 07, 2007 03:04:36 am
      it would be nice, but do we really need him? it seems as if we have enough players already and ample on the way. even though we have a larger bank account now, doesn't mean we can blow it all right away. save and collect it for when we really need it. we don't want to overload on big name players, because then we lose LFC. we become different sects of players, so it seems as if we're only a 4 man team with extra players to fill the space. i really don't want LFC to turn into that. thats not the way we win football matches.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #27: Apr 07, 2007 10:17:33 am
      Batman,
      I agree it would cost a lot of money which even now we possibly can't afford to spend on just one player depending on what newspaper you read with regards to his value. But as per your post 'do we actually need him' ? that is ludicrous the guy is possibly the best striker in the world at the moment of course we need him !??

And with regards to your comment 'too many big name players means we will no longer be LFC' its that kind of rubbish that has held us back over the last 12 years while mufc have marched past us.

In short get real. Villa yes please if possible, World class players as many as we can afford please !
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #28: Apr 07, 2007 11:23:30 am
      it would be nice, but do we really need him? it seems as if we have enough players already and ample on the way. even though we have a larger bank account now, doesn't mean we can blow it all right away. save and collect it for when we really need it. we don't want to overload on big name players, because then we lose LFC. we become different sects of players, so it seems as if we're only a 4 man team with extra players to fill the space. I really don't want LFC to turn into that. thats not the way we win football matches.

Do we need him? Consider this before answering. In domestic competition this season (couldn't find stats including Europe) our strikers have made 92 appearances between them, scoring 28. That's a ratio of worse than one in three, hardly clinical is it? On the other hand, David Villa (again only in domestic competitions) has scored 11 in 26 so far, and over the course of his career has always maintained a one in two ratio or thereabouts, even when playing for Sporting de Gijon & Real Zaragoza. A poacher is definately the type of player we need right now, indeed if we were limited to only buying one player in the summer it would have to be a striker for me. We've created a lot of chances this season, ok better wingers would've created even more, but if we'd been clinical enough with the chances we have had we would be in a much stronger position now. Signing either David Villa or Samuel Eto'o (personally I'd prefer Villa) is a must for us in the summer.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 07, 2007 02:07:29 pm
      ok, so if we sign villa, who is gonna go?? is fowler comin back next season? because if so, we'll have 5 strikers, plus villa or eto'o. idk, sounds a bit overwhelming.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #30: Apr 07, 2007 02:47:51 pm
      To answer who do we get rid of well none of the strikers we currently have are anywhere near the level of Eto'o or Villa so it really doesn't matter.

I would personally let Fowler go and sell Bellemy
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 07, 2007 03:06:02 pm
      maybe kuyt even. i don't want to get rid of garcia, he's the best we got.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #32: Apr 07, 2007 05:37:16 pm
      Valency does not sell david villa, is very very expensive
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #33: Apr 08, 2007 10:43:58 am
      we should sign Villa or Eto'o (i'd prefer villa) and get shot of bellamy fowler and possibly kuyt.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 08, 2007 11:06:07 am
      I think we should sign Villa or Eto`o (id prefer Eto`o) id let Fowler go possibly sell Bellamy but id keep Kuyt for another season.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #35: Apr 08, 2007 11:11:01 am
      So we would all keep Crouch then?
      I would.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #36: Apr 08, 2007 12:46:00 pm
      unless a studpid offer came in for crouch id keep him, hes a class lad and good palyer
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 08, 2007 06:04:28 pm
      keep garcia, crouch, maybe kuyt, and maybe bellamy, let fowler go, and get villa. that sounds logical to me...
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 08, 2007 10:46:42 pm
      cmon the pool
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 08, 2007 11:43:50 pm
      strikers to keep-----kuyt..crouch..bellamy..villa

stikers to sell-----fowler...voronin(please ive never heard of this guy in my life until the reds signed him)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #40: Apr 12, 2007 12:01:47 am
      Anyway enough said about that clown Drogba.

Valencia striker David Villa has revealed his liking for Liverpool, saying he follows Rafa Benitezā€™s side ā€œmostā€.

25-year-old Spanish international Villa has been linked with a move to the Premiership in the summer with Chelsea and the Reds.

"I never planned to play in England, but if an offer arrives I'll take a look at it," Villa told Zoo magazine.

"I'm a great follower of football all around the world and I watch lots of games from the Premiership.

"I don't have a favourite English team, but because of my friendships with some of their players, I follow Liverpool most. My favourite player there is my friend Pepe Reina."

Villa is also aware how much Valencia value him and it would take a big-spending club like Chelsea to get in for him.

"It seems like a ludicrous amount of money! I believe it is too much money," said Villa, referring to the Los Cheā€™s clause of buy-out in his contract costing Ā£85million.

"But football is like that, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. But Ā£70m is insane!"
      Anand
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 12, 2007 01:40:01 pm
      his buy out clause is too much we cant afford him we would be better of with eto'o or torres
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #42: Apr 12, 2007 01:44:57 pm
      his buy out clause is too much we cant afford him we would be better of with eto'o or torres

That buy out clause is to scare teams off, they will accept Ā£25m+ me thinks
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #43: May 03, 2007 12:56:44 pm
      When someone puts their money where their mouth is then I'm sure Valencia would sell for Ā£25-Ā£30M.  Heard this morning that Valencia may bid for Martins this summer so it's a possibility Villa will leave.  As we all know though, if Chavski bid Ā£50M then everyone else is out of the deal.  I would love to see Villa at Anfield and you've got to think that if the player had the choice he would come to us.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer with this one
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: May 03, 2007 01:27:19 pm
      When someone puts their money where their mouth is then I'm sure Valencia would sell for Ā£25-Ā£30M.  Heard this morning that Valencia may bid for Martins this summer so it's a possibility Villa will leave.  As we all know though, if Chavski bid Ā£50M then everyone else is out of the deal.  I would love to see Villa at Anfield and you've got to think that if the player had the choice he would come to us.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer with this one

Agree that Ā£25m would probably do it. Where'd you hear this Martins to Valencia rumour? got a source?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #45: May 03, 2007 01:36:50 pm
      Agree that Ā£25m would probably do it. Where'd you hear this Martins to Valencia rumour? got a source?

this is taken from the BBC gossip section:

Valencia have set their sights on Newcastle's 17-goal top scorer Obafemi Martins as a replacement for Liverpool-bound David Villa. (Daily Mirror)

as they say gossip sells papers but I really think we may sign him, I would pay 25m for him no worries!! :)

Quick Reply