Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Liverpool v Portsmouth post match

Read 2484 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Liverpool v Portsmouth post match
      Nov 29, 2006 10:02:04 pm
      wot a depressing result we had the chance to go 3rd with all results going our way 2n this was a massive game in terms of results and we blew it.

we battered pompey for 90 mins and failed to score we have to be beating these teams at home.

Am totally and completely gutted
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 10:21:15 pm by Jabba »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Porstmouth post match
      Reply #1: Nov 29, 2006 10:04:05 pm
      What can you say.

We are really struggling up front.  I think Pennant has failed big time.  You can see why Rafa plays Gerrard there when Momo and Alonso are fit.

The only positive is that we seemed to have sorted the defence out.

Very worrying up front.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2: Nov 29, 2006 10:11:29 pm
      Carra got liverpoolfc.tv's man of the match.
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 29, 2006 10:14:57 pm
      We're so f***in toothless at  the moment!!!

Sorry about language
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Portsmouth post match
      Reply #4: Nov 29, 2006 10:26:19 pm
      The Premiership is a load of tosh..

Just interrupts our European Campaigns...  ;)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Nov 29, 2006 10:41:04 pm
      Crouch - not good enough.
      Pennant - painfully not good enough.
      Garcia - too lightweight for the Premiership.

Okay - Portsmouth have had a good season so far - and we are missing Alonso and Momo.

But Jermaine - you're a waste of space lad.  You're not good enough to play for my football club. Fowler is a shadow of himself.  Rafa's transfers just haven't done the business.  They looked like panic buys at the time, and they still do.  Agger looks decent tho.

Title race definitely over now.  Way too far behind.  Totally sick of our inability to put the ball in the net.  We made hard work of it last Saturday. 

Sure Wigan will stuff us on Saturday.  Check out our season analysis at the top of this page.  Our form is mirroring Gerard Houllier's last season in charge.  The one he got sacked at the end of.
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #6: Nov 29, 2006 10:48:31 pm
      totally agree with  liverpaul and koolkidda <--> rafa's buys just havent been good enough

we had a brilliant chance tonight every result went our way and we blew it !!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #7: Nov 29, 2006 11:43:13 pm
      I dont think that we battered Pompy at all. They came and dropped one of the leading scorers in the League to the bench and had 11 players in there own half every time we attacked. They achieved their goal tonight and got the point that they came for. We have to give them credit for that. The fact that we couldn't break them down is our problem, and I wouldn't say we battered them because we didn't over run them and create loads of clear cut chances, we were so poor that this was one of the worse team performances I can ever remember. I am mega disapointed  :-[
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Nov 29, 2006 11:59:33 pm
      Hmm...
      Any suggestions for players upfront next season then?
      I noticed Nabil El Zhar came on today, looked... decent.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #9: Nov 30, 2006 12:29:42 am
      I want the overpaid 'stars' that are up front already to pull their fingers out and start putting the chances away.

Let's face it Robbie isn't going to be playing for us next year.  Cisse back? I certainly don't think we should just accept any offer for him.  We paid a lot of money for him - if he does the business in France then he 'deserves' another go.  Especially after we paid £14 million.  We just cant afford to take that kind of loss anymore.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #10: Nov 30, 2006 12:59:21 am
      Hmm...
      Any suggestions for players upfront next season then?
      I noticed Nabil El Zhar came on today, looked... decent.

To early to say if he's ready yet, this was a very poor performance and not the best time to be making your debut, he looked a bit lost but so did all his team mates!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Nov 30, 2006 10:11:17 am
      I was only listening to it on the radio, sounded like we had a pretty lively start and then dropped off in the second half, we must of had at least 8-10 shots on goal in the first half and couldnt put the ball in the net.  Mind you, you cant always go by what the radio commentators are waffling on about, so after reading these posts on here sounds like we were sh*te again...... 
      TotalLFC
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #12: Nov 30, 2006 07:17:52 pm
      We killed them 0 - 0

:D
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #13: Nov 30, 2006 08:39:43 pm
      All credit to 'arry and his game plan..worked a treat and they got the point they came for.

We are so one dimensional when it comes to attacking play that one of the best defences this season easily snuffed out our threats. What annoys me is the persistance in building slowly from the back, through sami, daniel and then carra before the ball is sent forward. Too easy for opposition defnces to get set and Portsmouth mastered it the other night.

But at least we didn't get beat....carra played well first in midfield, but dropped too deep second.

And I got really cheesed off when the brought on El Zhar and nobody would pass the ball to him......he made some good runs but it took about 8 minutes before he got his first pass..... ???

A win at Wigan would cure the autumn ills and cheer us all up for Christmas.......and will people stop leaving the lower centenary 10 minutes before the end....it spoils MY view as I'm by the stairwell......had enough!!! >:( >:(
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #14: Nov 30, 2006 09:05:06 pm
      I was only listening to it on the radio, sounded like we had a pretty lively start and then dropped off in the second half, we must of had at least 8-10 shots on goal in the first half and couldnt put the ball in the net.  Mind you, you cant always go by what the radio commentators are waffling on about, so after reading these posts on here sounds like we were sh*te again...... 

Thats about right Smigger, The chances and shots we had were only half Chances and when we couldn't break them down we ran out of ideas, thats what disappointed most.

Quick Reply