Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Question for the

Read 1579 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Question for the
      Nov 30, 2006 11:38:10 am
      miserable moaning woolyback, cockney, irish and scouse d**kheads who want to boo and whinge

1) Would you say that we are really in a crisis right now?

Say like in houlliers last season (f**k all to play for), or like under ged and roy the embarrasment surrounding the spurs league cup game, or like getting knocked out of the FA Cup twice in successive seasons to lower league teams under S*ness at anfield

Are we really that bad at the mo

What do you reckon?
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2006 05:48:45 pm by koolkidda »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Question for the
      Reply #1: Nov 30, 2006 05:54:09 pm
      Our form is mirroring exactly Houllier's last season in charge.

Ged improved the side from when he took over - we won the treble - finished second - but we never pushed on from that.

Rafa joined - improved the side - last season we massively improved our league performance and now this season there is no doubt our league points total will be less than last years - we haven't pushed on.  I see a worrying trend forming - I hope it gets fixed.  The board have (as with Houllier) backed the manager - we spent more than United but they have massively improved on last year.

I think Pennant was a bad buy - somebody in another thread said Arsenal wouldn't have let him go if he was decent (despite his off field problems). What would you say would be unacceptable this season?  If we don't qualify for the Champions League is that good enough? What about not even in Europe?

It's November and already our league campaign hopes are to aim for Champions League qualification.  And that my good friend is just not good enough.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2006 06:42:09 pm
      Im not going to say that if we dont start winning soon rafa should get the boot. It's down to the players aswell and they are letting us down atm. Rafa has a proven record in europe and noone can say that we aren't a league team only a cup team because rafa led us to our highest ever points total last season and any other season that would be enough to win the league. But that just shows how hard it is now to win the league.
      TotalLFC
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2006 07:17:24 pm
      We aren't playing too bad right now. The fans that boo are assholes.
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2006 08:19:00 pm
      a bit of away form in the league is about all we need, at home we've been playing well (despite last nights stalemate). the cups are all there & as you all know, we can & have beaten the best both at home & in europe. a big push in the league, sort away form out & continue to be strong in the cups - there's still an awful lot to play for this year. the big names need to start pulling their weight & leading by example & the rest of the squad needs to show strength of character that never says die.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2006 08:29:05 pm
      I think the main source of frustration is that at the beginning of the season we all had such high hopes of winning the league. We knew the challenge at the top of the premiership would be tighter this year (and it is) but the team have not played at all away from home. If we had won half of those away games we would be right up there.

And now we're suffering from the inevitable injury pile-up you get once a season (unless your Newcastle  ;D)

New year should be a different picture...have faith...I do.........thats why I pay a small fortune for my season ticket!!!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2006 08:55:18 pm
      We have to be realistic,the best we can do is finish 3rd.chelski and the scum arnt going to drop that many pionts?On the european front it looks good,we look tactically sound and a trip to athens maybe on the cards.a trip to cardiff and wembley would go down well too.
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 30, 2006 09:20:03 pm
      ok now, we r 16 points behind man u, ok a long way 2 go a very long way, bt if u think about it we far behind last season bt then caught up!!
      TotalLFC
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 02, 2006 02:33:13 pm
      My hopes for the season: A Euro cup winners medal for a real legend (Fowler)

Quick Reply