Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Kelvin MacKenzie - Sign the Petition!!!

Read 32108 times
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 255 posts | -3 
      Kelvin MacKenzie - Sign the Petition!!!
      Dec 02, 2006 01:06:37 am
      The way I see it the guy is a complete gobsh**e.  He has a column in The Scum which we don't buy anyway.  The fact they won't sack him after today's comments shows that they don't believe in their apologies anyway.

I think we all knew the guy was 'forced' to apolgise back in 1989 anyway so the revelations today are nothing new.

At the end of the day the guy is a sh*tbag. He wouldn't dare repeat his 'after dinner' comments in Liverpool would he?  I never buy The Scum, and all true Liverpool fans should have nothing to do with it either.  He is entitled to his opinions - his opinions do not bother me at all - after all even if he was really truly sorry it still wouldn't equate to any sort of justice for the 96 fellow reds who lost their lives thanks to idiotic policing and steel fencing.

But on one last point - I hope the guy dies a long, slow and painful death, shortly before his trip to hell.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2006 11:18:18 pm by JD »
      FutureRedStar
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Re: Kelvin MacKenzie
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2006 04:11:39 am
      He should get the death sentence!!!
      TotalLFC
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 02, 2006 02:25:29 pm
      Scumbag is all he is.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #3: Dec 02, 2006 04:19:15 pm
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2006 04:22:54 pm by koolkidda »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 02, 2006 10:17:22 pm
      Great away support today at Wigan.  Great banner - hope it gets an airing on MOTD but - somehow...doubt it.

The BBC website couldn't even be arsed to carry the story.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2006 12:58:22 am
      Talking of the BBC - the fat fascist b***ard is on BBC's Question Time this coming Thursday as a member of the Panel.

I would recommend, if you feel up to it, to fill in the short complaints procedure to the BBC.  I assume we all pay the extortionate licence fee, and you have a right to express whether your feeling on some fat lying sh*t getting paid with your money.

I hope AND pray there is a Liverpool fan in that audience that asks him a question.  Know it won't happen but would love to see it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2006 10:42:55 am
      Whats wrong with this man? Why make such a statement? Why cause more hurt to the family's of the people who lost their lives?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2006 12:51:09 pm
      He is a complete waste of space, and to think he was told 'the truth'. The truth?? I know two people that went to Hillsbourgh. And even they said - the man is clearly talking bollocks and is trying to bring bad light onto our football club.
      All this just to make money and to make the Blue sh*te and Manc Scum smile, and something new for them to chant about at matches.
      GET A f***ing LIFE.
      JUSTICE TO THE 96
      YNWA.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2006 12:54:34 pm by Court_LFC »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2006 07:45:57 pm
      I can feel the need to get my matches out again! Yes I want to set fire to this Knob, any one who agrees say I! :action-smiley-027:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2006 08:43:03 pm
      Let's face it - we knew when he originally said 'Sorry' that he was made to by the owners of the newspaper.

I used to work in Sheffield and there were people there who skirted round the subject with me because they believed, thanks to even their local media at the time, that it was caused by drunken naughty Liverpool fans.  I used to get so wound up trying to tell these imbeciles the truth, but it had been ingrained in to them.

Kelvin MacKenzie, unfortunately, isn't the only who believes not only his newspaper's bullshit from the time, but also tons more local and national media, the police etc. 

What is wrong is that he feels it worthy of his little after-dinner tittle tattle.  His callous regard for the feelings of the families is a disgrace - all for a few pennies more on the after dinner circuit.

And I don't want any of my money (TV Licence) lining that fat c**t s wallet.  He is entitled to his opinions, many others have the same.  They're all wrong.  All it does is reinforce our boycott of The S*n - of which he writes a column.

If I ever see a Liverpool supporter with a copy of that newspaper then as far as I am concerned you are no supporter of our great club.

DON'T BUY THE S*n
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Dec 04, 2006 01:36:24 am
      I can feel the need to get my matches out again! Yes I want to set fire to this Knob, any one who agrees say I! :action-smiley-027:
      I'll bring the Petrol!! :action-smiley-060:
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2006 01:37:19 am by Court_LFC »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #11: Dec 04, 2006 11:35:44 am
      Agree with most sentiments on here, and having worked on a newspaper I know that at the end of the day that whole truth headline and the story being run was all down to that horrible lying f**ker.

He was the editor so I would say it was his fault, christ even Murdoch forced him to apologise, what does that say, apart from the fact of lost sales

the campaign to boycott the sun goes on, please tell all friends, fans and everyone else we do not read or buy this newspaper

As for the BBC nothing surprises me anymore!!!
      kim
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #12: Dec 04, 2006 08:13:03 pm
      totally agree what a lowlife the scumbag deserves a very slow and extremely painful death lets hope a liverpool fc supporter is in the audience on Thursday night lets see the b*****d squirm, but talking about the bbc who have invited him on it doesn't suprise me about them if the tragedy had happened to manc scum or chelski arsewipes then don't think the s**t would be on but look at the disrespectful bbc they only bother to if we are lucky to show about 2 mins of the reds every week at the end of the show on match of the day
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #13: Dec 07, 2006 12:52:57 pm
      MacKenzie invited to visit Liverpool

Dec 7 2006

Liverpool Echo

FORMER Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie is being invited to Liverpool to see the impact of his comments about the Hillsborough disaster.

MacKenzie claimed last week that the newspaper's vile allegations against Reds fans were correct, six weeks after admitting the coverage was untrue.

The accusations included claims that supporters were drunk, urinated on the bodies and stole wallets from the corpses.

Ninety-six Liverpool fans died at the FA Cup semi-final in 1989.

At a meeting last night, councillors said they want MacKenzie to come to Liverpool to discuss his views.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 07, 2006 01:27:17 pm
      Just an update - apparently he has been 'withdrawn' from tonight's Question Time on BBC1.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Dec 07, 2006 06:58:09 pm
      Just an update - apparently he has been 'withdrawn' from tonight's Question Time on BBC1.

F*cking Coward !!  was looking forward to that  >:(
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 07, 2006 07:06:49 pm
      thought he might what an utter coward
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 07, 2006 07:08:33 pm
      F*cking Coward !!  was looking forward to that  >:(

too right smugger! he pulled out because he thought that some people were gonna talk about hillsboro to him which prob would of been mentioned
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #18: Dec 07, 2006 07:10:55 pm
      too right smugger! he pulled out because he thought that some people were gonna talk about hillsboro to him which prob would of been mentioned

Eer... Get the name right Famousluverbird !  ;)
      deanbhoy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Petition Alert
      Reply #19: Dec 09, 2006 01:48:16 pm
      hi everyone my name is deanbhoy

I'm a celtic fan but I come in peace,

I normally post on a celtic forum and I read a thread today which will interest a lot of liverpool fans regarding the bbc's decision to appoint  kelvin mckenzie as a presenter on the radio, a decision which disgusts me and a lot of the fans on celticminded.com, so here is the adress for the online petition to get this scumbag dropped it's http://www.petitiononline.com/rawk1/petition.html , if any of you are wondering who this guy is he was the S*n journalist who wrote all that sh*te about the liverpool supporters at hillsborough
      ynwa
      tal
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2006 02:11:40 pm by Jabba »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 09, 2006 02:21:12 pm
      Hi Deanboy, thanks for the link.

As you can see we are well aware of the scumbag who was actually Editor and sanctioned the headline and the publication of the story on the front page.  This news concerns McKenzie who will be hosting a show on Christmas Day on BBC Radio Five Live.

I would urge all supporters to make their feelings known to the BBC - if anyone rings in to 606 then maybe it might be a suitable topic for you to discuss.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Dec 09, 2006 04:05:40 pm
      Cheers deanbhoy x   I've just put my name on
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2006 04:08:31 pm by smigger15 »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #22: Dec 09, 2006 11:29:23 pm
      A couple of them banners we saw unfurled last week at Wigan (see earlier in this thread) were 'removed' from Anfield by the LFC stewards today.

What are the club playing at - apparently under the orders of Ged Poynton.  So we can unfurl these banners at Wigan but at our OWN ground the Liverpool stewards have been ordered to remove them for being offensive.

Sometimes I really do wonder about our club...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #23: Dec 10, 2006 11:17:39 pm
      Over 3,700 Liverpool signatures now for the petition
      http://www.petitiononline.com/rawk1/petition.html

If you haven't signed it yet. Make sure you do.  All the more worrying that the BBC is employing this fat pr**k for the Christmas Day show is that the Controller of BBC Radio 5 Live is a Liverpool supporter.  Bob Shennan's the guy's name - well at least he claims to be a Liverpool fan - obviously having anything to do with the liar McKenzie proves he is not.

Just take a moment to think about the 96 who won't be here this Christmas while the man who effectively urinated on their loving families in the desperately traumatic hours following Hillsborough will be getting paid a large fee from YOUR licence fee money will be swilling down the Scotch and the mince pies.

Make your feelings heard. Stand up for your fellow Liverpudlians and demand Justice.

1. Sign the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/rawk1/petition.html
      2. Complain directly to the BBC at the use of your licence fee http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/ - You can send a complaint via post, email or telephone

Make it all your good deed of the day.

Justice for the 96.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: Kelvin MacKenzie - Sign the Petition!!!
      Reply #24: Dec 10, 2006 11:42:12 pm
      Petition is signed and if I payed my liecence fee I would also complain of its use! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #25: Dec 10, 2006 11:44:03 pm
      Petition is signed and if I payed my liecence fee I would also complain of its use! ;)

Let you off then ;)
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #26: Dec 10, 2006 11:47:41 pm
      Just signed!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #27: Dec 11, 2006 01:14:41 am
      Signed up - gonna email the BBC tomorrow morning.
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #28: Dec 11, 2006 08:36:11 pm
      put my name down
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006 03:25:10 pm by Liverbird »
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 11, 2006 09:40:53 pm
      i signed it and i couldnt be happier to do so.

A word has yet to be invented to describe wotever totally he is but he is one and a total.... total one at that.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 11, 2006 10:18:41 pm
      THE TRUTH
      Kelvin MacKenzie has been engaging in homo-erotic auto-aspyhxiation sex and drug parties with the former head of the BBC, and that his wife is actually a prostitute.  South Yorkshire Police told me yesterday.

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #31: Dec 11, 2006 10:47:03 pm
      THE TRUTH
      Kelvin MacKenzie has been engaging in homo-erotic auto-aspyhxiation sex and drug parties with the former head of the BBC, and that his wife is actually a prostitute.  South Yorkshire Police told me yesterday.

Yeah, I also heard that he molestes his Dog on cold lonely nights.
      Because his Dog told me...
      Btw, I signed the petition!
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006 10:30:18 pm by koolkidda »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2006 10:30:44 pm
      Hey Jabba where is your half-arsed forced apology.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #33: Dec 18, 2006 01:49:24 am
      Over 3,700 Liverpool signatures now for the petition
      http://www.petitiononline.com/rawk1/petition.html

If you haven't signed it yet. Make sure you do.  All the more worrying that the BBC is employing this fat pr**k for the Christmas Day show is that the Controller of BBC Radio 5 Live is a Liverpool supporter.  Bob Shennan's the guy's name - well at least he claims to be a Liverpool fan - obviously having anything to do with the liar McKenzie proves he is not.

Just take a moment to think about the 96 who won't be here this Christmas while the man who effectively urinated on their loving families in the desperately traumatic hours following Hillsborough will be getting paid a large fee from YOUR licence fee money will be swilling down the Scotch and the mince pies.

Make your feelings heard. Stand up for your fellow Liverpudlians and demand Justice.

1. Sign the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/rawk1/petition.html
      2. Complain directly to the BBC at the use of your licence fee http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/ - You can send a complaint via post, email or telephone

Make it all your good deed of the day.

Justice for the 96.

Bump.  Nearly up to 10,000 signatures now.  Great to see the entire LFC community really getting behind the campaign.

Saw this on the petition - this was emailed to the BBC Complaints department

I has been brought to my attention that you have employed Mr K McKenzie to broadcast a review of the year on Christmas Day of all days.  As the wife of a seriously injured Hillsborough Survivor (a man who is still in physicial and mental pain to this day) I wish to object strenuously about this.  I cannot believe that a Corporation such as yourselves who uses the publics' money to fund its programmes is willing to give this man airtime and alienate a large section of its listeners.  This man is a proven liar (see Lord Justice's Report on the Hillsborough Disaster) and I cannot believe that I, as a Licence Payer, am funding this appearance.  I cannot express strongly enough how much upset this has caused my family.  I shall no longer listen to Radio 5 Live if this goes ahead.  Surely you can find an alternative - honest - presenter for this programme

It will only take you five minutes to write your complaint to the BBC and you will be doing your small bit for the Justice campaign this Christmas.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2006 01:54:28 am by JD »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #34: Dec 18, 2006 07:44:11 pm
      Already done it JD, sent my complaint in yesterday along with my signature.  Have you seen www.georgegalloway.com he is giving his full support to this and the story is on the front page of his website about half way down.  Cheers George  ;D

Just got this response from the bbc:

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Radio Five Live Review of the Year
      which is due to be broadcast on Christmas Day.

We raised your concerns with Bob Shennan, the Controller of Five Live, who has
      responded as follows to your concerns:

"We're sorry to hear of your objection to Kelvin MacKenzie's role as a presenter
      for this programme. While we fully recognise the strength of feeling that some
      people have against Kelvin, he has a great deal of experience in broadcasting
      and a keen eye for stories, which makes him well qualified to give his views on
      the news stories of the year.

Kelvin MacKenzie will always arouse strong feelings from our audience - that's
      in his nature as a broadcaster and as a person - and clearly not everyone wants
      to hear what he has to say, but equally there are many others who appreciate
      hearing his opinions even when they don't agree with them.

Many people have highlighted to us Kelvin's recent statement in which he said he
      wasn't sorry about the Sun newspaper's handling of the tragedy at Hillsborough,
      but such private comments are entirely his own and they are in no way endorsed
      by the BBC. We believe he is an appropriate choice as presenter for this
      particular programme' but your comments have been registered and will be taken
      into consideration."

Bob Shennan
      Controller of Five Live

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information

« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2006 09:12:23 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #35: Dec 18, 2006 09:13:31 pm
      How that Bob Shennan calls himself a Liverpool fan is beyond well.

Well done to everyone who has spared five minutes of their lives to make a complaint...

If you haven't...!
      peterc1992
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #36: Dec 18, 2006 09:40:02 pm
      them bas**rds on bbc said the exact same:

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Radio Five Live Review of the Year
      which is due to be broadcast on Christmas Day.

We raised your concerns with Bob Shennan, the Controller of Five Live, who has
      responded as follows to your concerns:

"We're sorry to hear of your objection to Kelvin MacKenzie's role as a presenter
      for this programme. While we fully recognise the strength of feeling that some
      people have against Kelvin, he has a great deal of experience in broadcasting
      and a keen eye for stories, which makes him well qualified to give his views on
      the news stories of the year.

Kelvin MacKenzie will always arouse strong feelings from our audience - that's
      in his nature as a broadcaster and as a person - and clearly not everyone wants
      to hear what he has to say, but equally there are many others who appreciate
      hearing his opinions even when they don't agree with them.

Many people have highlighted to us Kelvin's recent statement in which he said he
      wasn't sorry about the Sun newspaper's handling of the tragedy at Hillsborough,
      but such private comments are entirely his own and they are in no way endorsed
      by the BBC. We believe he is an appropriate choice as presenter for this
      particular programme' but your comments have been registered and will be taken
      into consideration."

Bob Shennan
      Controller of Five Live

Regards
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 18, 2006 10:27:02 pm
      i sighned it a few weeks ago thought i might just confirm it with you lot
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: Dec 18, 2006 11:20:47 pm
      Oh so this other guy is just as bad!
      w**ker!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 05, 2007 12:48:12 pm
      bump
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #40: Jan 05, 2007 01:29:13 pm
      Signed and slagged off!

b***ard!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #41: Jan 05, 2007 02:17:47 pm
      signed and sealed. I think that we as Liverpool fans should have the right to withhold our licence fee, in protest at this misreable excuse for human beings appointment. We would have to stand firm and together else it wont work. I think aprotest of sorts should take place with the threat of 500 000 Liverpudlians holding back there licence fee in order to make sure and in protest at this man being give any airtime to propagate his lies. He is a racist facist pig who would not have been out of place as the propaganda minister of Hitlers Germany.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #42: Jan 07, 2007 08:06:30 pm
      Pictures and a video link from the Truth Day protest have been posted in the Truth Day 1 thread
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1614.0.html

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Jan 07, 2007 09:15:06 pm
      How has this t*at still got a job ?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #44: Jan 07, 2007 09:16:51 pm
      evening smiggs,
      just sent another complaint off. Looking forward to what they reply with this time.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #45: Jan 07, 2007 09:35:20 pm
      Hiya Tommo, i sent one off to the BBC last week, and guess what - not heard a bloody thing, i'm not surprised though, they didnt even acknowledge my e.mail   >:(
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #46: Jan 07, 2007 09:40:11 pm
      How has this t*at still got a job ?
      cause he bullshit to them like he bullshit the nation, F***ing pr**k!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #47: Jan 10, 2007 05:58:52 pm
      I asked for a personnal responce and non of the pre wrote bullcrap they send out, and guess what ....

Thank you for your recent email regarding Kelvin MacKenzie's Review of the Year on Five Live.

We raised your concerns with Bob Shennan, the Controller of Five Live, who has responded as follows to your concerns:

"We're sorry to hear of your objection to Kelvin MacKenzie's role as a presenter for this programme. While we fully recognise the strength of feeling that some people have against Kelvin, he has a great deal of experience in broadcasting and a keen eye for stories, which makes him well qualified to give his views on the news stories of the year.

Kelvin MacKenzie will always arouse strong feelings from our audience - that's in his nature as a broadcaster and as a person - and clearly not everyone wants to hear what he has to say, but equally there are many others who appreciate hearing his opinions even when they don't agree with them.

Many people have highlighted to us Kelvin's recent statement in which he said he wasn't sorry about the Sun newspaper's handling of the tragedy at Hillsborough, but such private comments are entirely his own and they are in no way endorsed by the BBC. We believe he is an appropriate choice as presenter for this particular programme, but your comments have been registered and will be taken into consideration."

Bob Shennan
      Controller of Five Live

Regards

BBC Information

Gutless
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #48: Jan 10, 2007 09:29:55 pm
      Thats the exact one I got Tommo when i emailed 5Live, nothing like the personal touch is there ?  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #49: Jan 11, 2007 11:47:07 pm
      See the BBC gave him his airtime tonight on Question Time.  What did the little sh*t have to say anybody see it
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #50: Jan 12, 2007 12:06:24 am
      No apology.  Fair play to Clare Short who stuck up for the Liverpool fans she said she had received an email from the partner of a supporter who died at Hillsborough.

He repeated the old arguments that the urinating and pickpocketing story came from a Liverpool Press agency, a Tory MP and a senior police officer (pretty much what we have heard before) but he said he "didn´t know" if it was true or not but he refused to apologise.

It was hard to watch ' such a smug arrogant b***ard.  I remain convinced that what goes around comes around.

But BBC ´go fu*k yourselves.

The full programme is on here (about 51 minutes in)
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2007 12:08:13 am by koolkidda »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #51: Jan 12, 2007 12:20:28 am
      Apparently the BBC managed to keep this one pretty quiet only releasing the information that he was on the show at about 3pm this afternoon, some people managed to email Clare Short just in time, but unfortunately no sensible headed reds were in the audience.

Very disappointed in the BBC, he was asked about it, and if he thinks it is going to go away then he can think again.

Maybe the press agency (I am assuming it was Mercury press) will have something to say on the subject
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #52: Jan 12, 2007 09:40:01 am
      Dont you just want punch his lights out ?  Just watching his smug face on that video is enough, did anyone get to watch this ?  Would be interesting to see the comments on Ceefax and the e.mails they were receiving, I bet they got bombarded.  What a pity there wasnt one Red in the audience, to show him up for the deceitful lying t*at that he is.  It will happen one day cos he cant keep his face out of the news and will always be appearing on shows like that.  JUSTICE.  ;)
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2007 09:40:44 am by smigger15 »
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2007 05:45:44 pm
      Apologies for bringing this up again but I spotted a web page(Link below) where James Stephenson goes a very long way to defending Kelvin Mackenzie. Underneath that are some strong encouraging blog entries but also a few negative ones telling us we should forgive and forget!!!!!!!! WHAT???? I have complained about these as everyone can do. Have they forgotten the 96 who died?

Found this article on Wikipedia, intersting read!

In April 1989, the single biggest controversy during MacKenzie's reign occurred, later described in a S*n editorial in 2004 as "the most terrible mistake in our history", during the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster, a deadly crush which occurred during an F.A. Cup semi-final at Hillsborough football stadium in Sheffield which claimed the lives of 96 Liverpool fans. The S*n printed the front-page headline "The Truth", with three sub-headings, "Some Fans Picked Pockets of Victims", "Some Fans Urinated on the Brave Cops" and "Some Fans Beat Up P.C. Giving Kiss Of Life". The accompanying article claimed that ticketless and drunken Liverpool F.C. fans were responsible for the disaster, having supposedly tried to fight their way into the stadium by rushing the turnstiles and attacking policemen outside the ground. Further specific allegations were made that during the disaster itself Liverpool fans inside the stadium had stolen wallets and other items from the dead, had urinated over policemen and the bodies of dead fans, that they had beaten policemen, ambulance men and rescue workers attempting to save the lives of other fans and had sexually abused the body of a dead girl after shouting "throw her up and we'll fu*k her" to policemen moving her body. The sources for these allegations were stated to be anonymous high-ranking police officers from Sheffield Police and Irvine Patnick, a Conservative MP from Sheffield who wasn't actually present at the game. (On 11 January 2007 on BBC TV's Question Time, MacKenzie additionally claimed that one of his sources was a Liverpool news agency.) The article was accompanied by graphic photographs showing Liverpool fans, including young children, choking and suffocating as they were being crushed against the perimeter fences surrounding the terraces - this was widely condemned as severely inappropriate[14].

The coverage and the allegations caused intense uproar on Merseyside (where The S*n was boycotted, with public burnings of the paper organised and many newsagents refusing to stock it at all) and widespread criticism and condemnation from many commentators. The Press Council described the allegations unequivocally as "lies". The official government enquiry into the disaster dismissed the allegation that drunken Liverpool fans had been responsible for the disaster and concluded that inadequate crowd control and errors by the police had been the cause of the tragedy. Various investigations conclusively disproved most if not all of The S*n's allegations - when clothing from each of the victims was recovered, none had any trace of urine other than those who had been found to have wet themselves during the crush (this also not surprisingly occurred with some fans who survived having been pulled from the terraces); all wallets, items of jewellery and significant personal possessions of each of the victims was quickly accounted for (thus disproving the allegation of pick-pocketing); no female victim was found to have been sexually abused; and while it has been established that a number of Liverpool supporters verbally abused policemen who they apparently held responsible for the disaster, no policemen, ambulance men or rescue worker have ever come forward to claim that they were physically attacked by a fan. Some weeks after the disaster, Joan Traynor, who lost two sons in the disaster, was asked by ITN for permission to film the funeral of her sons. Traynor refused and publicly requested that the media respect her family's privacy with regard to the funeral. ITN and all other British media outlets did indeed respect Mrs Traynor's wishes with the exception of The S*n. Kelvin MacKenzie sent photographers to the funeral who clambered over a wall at the cemetery and took numerous photographs of the family laying the two boys to rest before eventually being chased away. The following day photographs of the family at the funeral appeared on the front page of The S*n. Mrs Traynor was said to be deeply upset about the intrusion at the funeral and the subsequent publication of photographs of her and her family on the front page of the same paper which had printed the aforementioned allegations about the disaster itself[15].

Sales of The S*n on Merseyside have never recovered, costing News International several million pounds a year,[17] despite a belated full page apology by the newspaper in 2004.

MacKenzie sensationally re-ignited the controversy in November 2006 when he claimed that his allegations about the Hillsborough tragedy had been true after all.

James Stephenson after all this decides to defend his decision to put Mackenzie on programme -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/01/controversial_views.html
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2007 05:53:29 pm by homestrip »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #54: Jan 20, 2007 12:03:06 am
      Cheers for the link for that homestrip....

Whether or not it was right for the BBC to put him on he did get a grilling, and if anything he ended up looking an ever bigger cock than we all thought he was.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #55: Jan 20, 2007 03:14:37 am
      Cheers for the link for that homestrip....

Whether or not it was right for the BBC to put him on he did get a grilling, and if anything he ended up looking an ever bigger cock than we all thought he was.

Ya you are right but as a Liverpool supporter all my life(as we all are) I feel disgusted by Stephenson's assessment. I still think of the 96 loyal fans and it horrifies me that Mackenzie can get away with such comments. And I have to say I never knew he set a secret photography crew to take pics of the Traynor funeral. (What a sick b***ard after the family begged the media not to get involved and all obliged except............ Mackenzie)

Does the guy have any conscience?? How does he live with himself? As my paragraph in bold shows above ALL HIS CLAIMS WERE PROVEN INCORRECT. Nevere buy the sun never buy the sun, justice for the 96!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,587 posts | 6917 
      Reply #56: Oct 11, 2007 11:19:08 pm
      See the little shitbag is back on Question Time again now.

Spineless little turd.  Nobody on the panel is going to say anything to the pr**k - self serving arses.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #57: Oct 12, 2007 10:19:16 am
      See the little shitbag is back on Question Time again now.

Spineless little turd.  Nobody on the panel is going to say anything to the pr**k - self serving arses.

Yeah, noticed that myself last night.

I've never actually listened to anything the guy's said before, couldn't be bothered to give him the time of day, but my Sky viewing card still hasn't arrived & can only get limited channels so I watched a bit of Question Time last night. The guy really is a pr**k, I can't recall him making one valid point, instead all he did was try to belittle the other panelists to cover up his own inadequacies. Last nights show just re-confirmed my opinion of him >:(
      bigrab
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #58: Oct 14, 2007 03:23:14 pm
      Here's a wee song I wrote for Kelvin.

http://bigrab.vox.com/library/post/song-for-kelvin.html
      14lfc14
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #59: Nov 11, 2007 08:07:35 pm
      he made up a load of lies about liverpool fans .i 8 him.justice 4 96
      kopitenatty
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #60: Jan 05, 2008 02:54:08 am
      Justice 4 The 96 --- The Fat Fuker Desrves 2 Be Dead I Hope He Rotts In Hell  :f_steam:
      kopitenatty
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #61: Jan 05, 2008 02:55:17 am
      Justice 4 The 96 ---- Dont Buy The Sun
      RedArmy96
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts | -1 
      • What we achieve in life, Echoes in eternity
      Reply #62: Aug 18, 2008 01:44:32 am
      We wont buy papers from you lying bas**rds

NOT UNTIL JUSTICE IS DONE

JFT 96

YNWA
      Robbie May
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #63: Mar 17, 2009 08:58:41 am
      get this floatin round

YNWA
      JFT96
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009 03:57:47 pm by JD »
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2009 09:16:19 pm
      I got one thing to say to you kelvin : Do not come to Norway, we know who and what you are. and we WILL find you  :whip:

Quick Reply