Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Must have albums of 2009

Read 24782 times
      liveforreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Re: Must have albums of 2009
      Reply #23: Mar 21, 2009 11:33:04 am
      The new album from U2 - No Line on the Horizon is very good
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #24: Mar 21, 2009 03:00:01 pm
      The Great Escape is a quality album by the Rifles and I'd actually put it better than No Love Lost. Fave song on the album has to be "sometimes"
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 21, 2009 10:53:34 pm
      The Great Escape is a quality album by the Rifles and I'd actually put it better than No Love Lost. Fave song on the album has to be "sometimes"

"sometimes" is a great song, actually i thnk "the great escape", "Fool to sorrow" "sometimes" and romeo and julie" are my favorite songs on the album, also would recommend "here we stand" by the fratellis, it came out in mid 2008 i thnk...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Mar 22, 2009 09:43:25 am
      I'd "got" The Rifles "The Great Escape" a wee while back but hadn't listened to it much. I've just revisited  on your recommendation DLS - it ain't the worst album in the world and "Sometimes" is fine ditty but overall I found the album a bit light weight. Maybe it's an age thing but, of late, I'm a bit weary of the Brit Indie "sound".........it's all beginning to sound a tad wishy-washy - I tend to need a bit more Oomph.

Now having said that - I'm gonna contradict myself   :-\ - I reckon The View's "Which bi*ch" is a must have for 2009! It's very well produced and is a more mature sound than "Hat's Off..." 

I think, if you like The Rifles - you'll love this.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #27: Mar 22, 2009 08:08:21 pm
      Didn't realise the View had a new album out. That's going on me wishlish along with the Enemy's new one.

Hats off the the Buskers was a quality album, especially "Face for the Radio". Will definately be getting this one then, cheers for the tip bad boy.
      skrtelivision
      • Skrtelivision
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 25, 2009 11:13:25 pm
      Invader Must Die - The Prodigy, i really didnt like them before but this album is absolute genius.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #29: Mar 25, 2009 11:21:16 pm
      Can't wait for the arctic monkeys' 3rd album to come out.
      No date or any other info on it yet, just that it will release sometime this year, probably in the summer
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #30: Mar 27, 2009 07:30:18 pm
      This is what NME say about the Enemy's new album - Music For The People

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&title=the_enemy_music_for_the_people_the_first&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

By the looks of it, doesn't sound great. But these people are paid to be critical and it'd take the work a true lyrical genius to even come close to We'll Live and Die in These Towns.
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 06, 2009 04:26:03 am
      here's a good album, its by the cocktail slippers (;D) its called st valentine's day massacre its a single tho but it came out in 2009, its worth a look!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #32: Apr 06, 2009 10:52:54 am
      I'm quite liking Ladyhawke's album at the minute.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #33: Apr 28, 2009 02:24:45 pm
      My review of Music For The People by the Enemy would be something along these lines.

Elephant Song - Intro goes on a bit too long, bit like Champagne Supernova by Oasis but the lyrics are again superb.

No Time For Tears - Fantastic. Just a beast of a song.

51st State - Political song about the war in Iraq I think. Says what so many of us felt at the time.

Sing When You're In Love - My fave on the album. Slower than the opening three, but really is a boss song. (plus it mentions the city of Liverpool ;D) Love the final verse as well "Every tear in your eye, every lump in your throat, every beat of your heart, that won't let you let go"

Last Goodbye - Another slow song and another belter. Struck me as a cross between Oasis and The Verve.

Nation Of Checkout Girls - Back to traditional Enemy. Quick and loud and of course boss. Maybe influenced by Blur's Common People (the only Blur song I like as it goes) but with the Enemy's own style on it.

Be Somebody - Quality song. The Enemy at their best this, singing about things that people can relate to. Lyrically brilliant and possibly one of the best lyrics I've ever heard "there's more to life than they teach you at school"

Don't Break The Red Tape - Another quality, political, song. What an opening verse "Welcome to England where there is no fun, where there is no choice for any of us, where there is no left, there is no right, New Labour's a new joke, just another Thatcherite." London Calling by the Clash (their best song in my opinion) can certainly be heard in this song but again it's not a copy because it has the Enemy's twist on it.

Keep Losing - Great start to the song, but sort of tails off. Probably the second worst song on the album (behind Elephant Song) in my opinion.

Silver Spoon - Sounds a bit like the Who during their Tommy album. But being as big a fan of the Who as I am, I really enjoyed the song and a good way to cap the album off.

Overall the album is quality and I can't see meself turning it off for a while. So glad to of got it and the boys have done themselves proud again. Following up to We'll Live And Die In These Towns would be difficult for any band, but I honestly think the Enemy have managed to follow up such a good debut album with a cracking second album as well.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #34: Apr 28, 2009 08:02:06 pm
      Metallica- Death Magnetic
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: May 08, 2009 06:27:34 pm
      Listening to Green Day - "21st Century Breakdown" right now and I'm sitting here like a dog with two dicks. ;D

F***ing brilliant!

lt's still got all the energy and urgency of punk but the lads have also thrown everything else in on top: piano ballads, big sweeping classical Rock guitars and massive music shifts. The album (18 tracks) is almost conceptual (like American Idiot) and is broken into three parts: Heroes & Cons, Charlatans & Saints, and Horseshoes & Hand grenades.

"East Jesus Nowhere"......... :action-smiley-035:

I'm sorta speechless to be honest.......best album of the year by a mile (In My opinion).

:666:
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2009 06:49:59 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #36: May 25, 2009 12:21:13 pm
      I can't wait for the new Editors album to be released, it could be as early as this summer so I'm really looking forward to it. One of my favourite bands.

From what I've heard everything's sounding pretty good and I'm sure it's going to be one of the 'must haves' of the year.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #37: May 25, 2009 08:16:27 pm
      Filthy Dukes - Nonsense in the dark

Two words - F***ing Brilliant
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38: May 25, 2009 09:31:23 pm
      Listening to Green Day - "21st Century Breakdown" right now and I'm sitting here like a dog with two dicks. ;D

F***ing brilliant!

lt's still got all the energy and urgency of punk but the lads have also thrown everything else in on top: piano ballads, big sweeping classical Rock guitars and massive music shifts. The album (18 tracks) is almost conceptual (like American Idiot) and is broken into three parts: Heroes & Cons, Charlatans & Saints, and Horseshoes & Hand grenades.

I'm sorta speechless to be honest.......best album of the year by a mile (In My opinion).

Couldn't agree more man, I love every single song... :o and you picked my favorite one there
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #39: May 25, 2009 10:27:03 pm
      White Lies are good live.

If The Apple Scruffs release an album this year then I highly reccommend it!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #40: May 26, 2009 07:43:46 am
      Blink 182 and Arctic Monkeys. Looking forward to both of them so much.

Green Day's new one is a decent listen. Got me tickets for Wembley Arena in November so I can't wait for that!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: May 26, 2009 09:29:14 am
      Kasabian's new album in June. Mega band!

I'm listening to "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum" right now. When i first heard it (Sunday) i wasn't too sure as it's a bit of a mixed bag pace (and style) wise but the more i've listened to it; the more i'm smitten. It does grow.

It's most definitely adventurous but the Primal Scream /Stone Roses influence can still be picked out. This could be massive and coupled with the fact that Kasabian are second only to Muse as Britain's best live act: it promises to be a good summer for their fans (me included).

Loving "Vald The Impaler", "West Ryder/Silver Bullet" & "Fire"........ ;D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #42: May 29, 2009 09:28:28 pm

F***ing brilliant!

LOVE IT!!!!!!! What an album, well worth the wait! :) I loved 21 Guns and The Static Age. Listened to it so many times now, never tire of it! :)

Anyone else heard Relapse, Eminem's new album? Some decent songs but really fu**ed up lyrics!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #43: May 31, 2009 11:59:04 pm
      Got a few of relapse so i did, still dont think it beats the eminem show album.

Get the girl, Save the world - The King Blues

Guarentee they are the next big thing :)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #44: Jun 01, 2009 12:06:40 am
      I don't see the hype with 21st Century Breakdown TBH. 

Green Day is one of my favourite bands, they always have been & always will be.  But I find that most of the tracks on the album are a bit too 'slow', a few slow songs are good but it's overrun with that type.

American Idiot has a lot more energy to the album.  And if you would like me to name and shame the tracks off 21stCBD, feel free to ask.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #45: Jun 01, 2009 12:14:47 am
      I like them all :'( Please tell me what they are so I can shout at you  >:D

Quick Reply