Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Wigan - 4 goals!!

Read 4644 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Wigan - 4 goals!!
      Dec 02, 2006 04:54:53 pm
      No goals from open play all season away and then 4 in one half.

Really pleased for Bellamy - I knew he was just underperforming as opposed to Pennant who just isn't up to the job.

But anyway,..

Great win - broke the away duck - 7 games too late like but well done the lads. Professional job - although I don't know how Wigan failed to score at least one. Some woeful finishing. 

Come on the Boro!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Re: Wigan - 4 goals!!
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2006 05:09:09 pm
      Great victory.  Well done the Reds.

Played supremely in the first half and they did actually look for further goals even when they were 4-0 up in the second half.

Big plus for Craig Bellamy.  Hope his season has well and truly started. 
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2: Dec 02, 2006 05:10:30 pm
      Well played by the lads in a new look formation.

Pennant can F**k off in  january, and bellers was just distracted by his court case but now its over he should be banging in the goals for us!
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #3: Dec 02, 2006 05:14:21 pm
      Watched the game on my pc for the first time using the live streaming from China - well impressed - both the result and being able to watch away games from now on. ;D ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Dec 02, 2006 05:14:31 pm
      Interesting formations too we played pretty much 3-5-2 today.

This is from Eurosport - analysis of first half positioning.

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Dec 02, 2006 05:16:32 pm
      Watched the game on my pc for the first time using the live streaming from China - well impressed - both the result and being able to watch away games from now on. ;D ;D

Good stuff.  Or you could have watched the same one we were watching from Australia with English commentary.... ;)
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #6: Dec 02, 2006 05:18:07 pm

Good stuff.  Or you could have watched the same one we were watching from Australia with English commentary.... ;)

The China stream had the english commentary with David Platt --- so i'm even more impressed ;D  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7: Dec 02, 2006 05:18:51 pm
      Up in to 5th - http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2007/premiershiptable.html

Best win of the season - http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2007/stats.html

and

Broke away from Houllier's final season form and highest positioning of the season http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2007/seasonanalysis.html
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #8: Dec 02, 2006 05:21:09 pm

The China stream had the english commentary with David Platt --- so i'm even more impressed ;D  ;D

Hmm... maybe would have preferred Chinese then ;) 

Off now to go and get down to Speke for some Xmas Shopping.  The missus is giving me funny looks.
      xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      Reply #9: Dec 02, 2006 05:39:01 pm
      what websites are these live streaming games on? can anyone help?

what a result today, back to our usual selves!

well done bellers!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 02, 2006 05:49:39 pm
      its nice to get this duck off our backs.weve got a nice run of fixtures up to the new year.no reason why we cant take maximum points.scum are 1-0 up thanx to another fine display of olympic diving from  that portugese tw*t.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 02, 2006 06:02:00 pm
      Bellamy looked a different player obviously with that court case over it has helped and i dontreally want to get carried away but its a great performance great result now lets build on it there is no reason why we cant
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2006 06:42:20 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #12: Dec 02, 2006 06:44:45 pm
      what websites are these live streaming games on? can anyone help?

what a result today, back to our usual selves!

well done bellers!

We post which streams are working in the obviously titled - Internet Streams thread

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1288.0.html
      scousesaz06
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 02, 2006 07:45:02 pm
      i knew we wer goin 2 win this game easy but every1 kept sayin it will be a scrappy match but we wer all over them the 90 mins i was sat in the corner right near the pie eaters & was getting sh*t of them all game

i knew it was only a matter of time that bellamy came could just had 2 get his court case sorted & now he has lets hope the goals keep cuming 4 him  ;D
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 02, 2006 09:08:48 pm
      get in there! just got in from work & was very happy to see this scoreline. Well done Bellamy! his court case has obviously been playing on his mind, lets hope he can now get to the buisness in hand & help us move up the table. don't really know how we played but will watch MOTD with great anticipation.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #15: Dec 02, 2006 10:01:51 pm
      First half we played well.

Should have been more goals in it - for both sides.  It really wasn't Wigan's day to be fair.  We were worthy winners - Bellamy's finishes were cool as you like - looks a completely different player to the one who missed that penalty a few weeks ago.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #16: Dec 02, 2006 10:10:43 pm
      Listened to it on the radio today and was online with Kk and JD, have just now watched it on Football First and was well impressed with the overall team performance, glad to see Bellers getting a brace, hope this is the start of it for him.  My MOTM though went to Stevie, he was all over the place and was involved in every goal. I'm glad to see we kept at it  through the second half as well and didnt sit back and defend.  Its going to be so close this season for 3rd and 4th places, that goal difference could make or break our season.  ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 02, 2006 10:15:54 pm
      Good point Smigger - completely forgot to mention that I thought Stevie G was man of the match too.  We just sort of...well...expect it from him.

He showed shades of his very best.  It pisses me off sometimes that we are still so reliant on him to gee up the side - but then he is club captain and that is exactly the reason why.

It's vital we go on a nice little run now - Arsenal have had a dodgy patch and look like they're coming out of it so we need to keep going.  I hope we start getting back in shape ready for the Anfield returns of Everton, Arsenal, United and Chelsea.  Four games that could restore a massive amount of pride.
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 02, 2006 11:27:25 pm
      just watched on MOTD, 2 very well taken goals by Bellamy & great unselfish play for Kuyt's, Stevie was a workhorse as ever. wasn't the pie eaters finishing woeful!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #19: Dec 03, 2006 10:52:46 am
      4 goals away from home!!! What a great day, I had a good feeling about this one, Wigan is a great little town, boozers every where! Coming out of the train station was mad, we had to pass through metal detectors like at the air port and they even had sniffer dogs (a few lads got lifted there!!!). They we're genrally alright with us and let us Bevvy though, then train back to the 'pool for a few more.

Made up for Bellamy and Stevie was are best player. An important goal for Kuyt too, he's not been at his best lately. All in all a good day all round. Just waiting for the F.A cup draw now, a nice little away day by the seaside please.  :food-smiley-005: (my favorite smiley!)
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 03, 2006 10:58:59 am
      Yep - that smiley was put on just for you.  ;)
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 03, 2006 11:19:22 am

Me too Molby!!! Fantastic. Free games :)
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #22: Dec 03, 2006 02:19:08 pm
      well done bellamy, brilliant!! 4-0 away from home great result well done lads!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #23: Dec 04, 2006 06:10:03 pm
      sorry i wasnt on the forum at the time i was in the pub watching the game good win not suprised we scored 4
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #24: Dec 04, 2006 09:34:10 pm
      Great to see Bellamy score 2 goals and set Kuyt up rather than tryin to get his hatrick. You can see what this club really means to him but for Jermaine Pennant....

Quick Reply