Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool V Sunderland Match Thread

Read 21782 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Re: Liverpool V Sunderland Match Thread
      Reply #253: Mar 03, 2009 10:59:40 pm
      Wales mate ,my father had it installed this week so thats why i went down his to watch it, had three of us shouting at the telly.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #254: Mar 03, 2009 11:00:27 pm
      Much better performance tonight and once the 2nd half started there was only gonna be one winner. we were sharper ,we were better at keeping the ball we looked like we were going to score in the 2nd half. Great to see Ngog get off the mark and that maybe just what he needed to go on and score on a regular basis.....
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #255: Mar 03, 2009 11:03:18 pm
      So do I Andy but in the south (NPT)...
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #256: Mar 03, 2009 11:05:07 pm
      For anyone whose a bit of a night person, they're showing the full game at midnight tonight. Finishes at 2am.

what channel?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #257: Mar 03, 2009 11:07:00 pm
      The French striker will partner Dirk Kuyt up front, while Javier Mascherano takes up a position on the right side of defence as Rafa Benitez makes four changes from the 2-0 defeat to Middlesbrough.

Liverpool line-up in full: Reina, Mascherano, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua, Benayoun, Gerrard, Alonso, Riera, Ngog, Kuyt.
      Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Aurelio, Babel, Lucas, El Zhar.

Masch at RB could be a good move, just a question about his crossing but he's Argentinian, of course he can cross a ball ;) No Darby again and Insua starts when he didnt make the squad, wierd.

2-0 win, N'gog and Benny.

Gold star for our Crouchinho!!

Made up we got the three points. Overall it was a decent performance although there were some frustrating moments in the first half.

Couldn't believe Mascherano was put in at right back before the game but he done alright. Heaven knows what must be going through Darby's mind though after that decision.

Thought Yossi had a good game again. Surely he has to keep his place in the team from now on. And well in to Ngog for getting his goal and putting the better team in front!

Big well done to knob jockey's who booed Lucas when he ran on the pitch - F***ing disgrace. Oh and a special mention to the lad in front of us who wouldn't join in with YNWA at the end so JD asked him if he knew the words.  ;)

Three points in the bag. That's more like it!!!
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #258: Mar 03, 2009 11:09:23 pm
      Well deserved goal from Ngog, that is message to Rafa: Use the young lads!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #259: Mar 03, 2009 11:11:05 pm
      Big well done to knob jockey's who booed Lucas when he ran on the pitch - f**king disgrace.

I thought I heard this on TV RK but couldn't be sure. Absolute disgrace. The mentality of some of our 'supporters' baffles me at times.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #260: Mar 03, 2009 11:14:15 pm
      I thought I heard this on TV RK but couldn't be sure. Absolute disgrace. The mentality of some of our 'supporters' baffles me at times.

It makes you fume doesn't it mate. It was sad and frustrating to hear.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #261: Mar 03, 2009 11:15:26 pm

It will be on the LFC Channel at midnight mate.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #262: Mar 03, 2009 11:17:16 pm

Oh and a special mention to the lad in front of us who wouldn't join in with YNWA at the end so JD asked him if he knew the words.  ;)

Oh boy...............I would love to have seen that, well in JD for embarrassing him..........the idiot.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #263: Mar 03, 2009 11:17:30 pm
      Like what I saw from the players tonite. Well done boys.

Gerrard was fit but had just enough to contribute. Benny run them ragged tonite. N'Gog seems determined to prove his worth and happy for him with the goal. Masch didn't disappoint at RB while Kuyt hardwork as usual. Babbel didn't impress much except for the shot but he didn't get much support due to lost of momentum to our play. Would love to see more of El Zhar, 2mins is too short.  A bit concerned with how Alonso a bit slow to release the ball. Though Insua was good, still believe Fabio's form is better at the moment.  Lucas improved but his lacked of confidence to channel to ball forward led to us losing the momentum, maybe jittered by the boos.

The result will boost some confidence back into the players, gearing up for the Real Battle.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #264: Mar 03, 2009 11:38:44 pm
      Just back now.  Had to do a chippy stop. 

Some very baffled looks in The Cabbage before the game when the team came up on the big screen.

We started a bit ropey.Sunderland had a great chance very early on but luckily they didn't take it.  At half time there were some depressing groans but second half we made the break-through.  Well played for N'Gog, and then he contributed to Benayoun's goal.  A very well deserved win.

I thought Gerrard had a very quiet game and yet again Riera put in a sub-standard performance.  But Insua had a good game.  I'd be inclined to play Insua left back and possibly Aurelio left wing now as our first choice.

No time for Stevie G to go missing in our season.

Anyway we got the two goals and like Kenny said Lucas came on for N'Gog. Good semi-standing ovation for N'Gog (thoroughly deserved) and then some pockets (but enough people for it be heard) of booing for Lucas.  Completely embarrassing and took a shine off the victory for me.  What the F**k is wrong with some people.  Disgrace to the club.  In any case he didn't put a foot wrong when he came on.

So a good Anfield win, and I've yet to see us drop any points in league games this season. ;)

Maybe some of the boo boys should give me their ticket in future.

Good 3 points. Well done Yossi and N'Gog.

Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #265: Mar 03, 2009 11:39:39 pm
      I'm no fan of Lucas.If you booed him and your reading this Your not wanted at Anfield.Go back to where you came from.You should feel total shame,and I think I speak on behalf of every TRUE Reds fan.  
      sandman
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #266: Mar 03, 2009 11:41:52 pm
      I think we needed that win tonight, just to get a bit of confidence going again, when reira does put a decent ball in it looks threatening, Insua was solid at left back and masc looked comfy at r/b, although sunderland were sh*te, the win was a confidence booster and 3pts
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #267: Mar 04, 2009 12:01:50 am
      You're right sandman. Sunderland were/are sh*te.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #268: Mar 04, 2009 12:39:34 am
      Dam it this is the second game in a row I've missed because I got the days confused. :mad:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #269: Mar 04, 2009 01:46:55 am
      I want to see the highlights and the offal hasn't put them up yet.

Grr. :-\
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #270: Mar 04, 2009 01:55:32 am
      Did not see this match as there was no broadcast down here did manage to catch the goals. As i did not see it so I can not comment on the match but I have a few points to mention. Given that we won 2-0 and we had Masch at right back how many on here would be shitting on Rafa and saying he lost the plot had the match finished 0-0??? Secondly I  think that it is no coincidence that we won with Insua in our side and the cross for the first goal did come from the left even though Riera put the ball in Insua gives us another dimsension on that left hand side. I think we won most of our games with Insua as our left back apart from the draw at the emirates. We need this boy as our permanent left back no F***ing about!
      Third point booing one of our own when he comes on the pitch at Anfield as well is a F***ing disgrace, as is that tool who did not know the words to YNWA!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #271: Mar 04, 2009 02:31:43 am
      Didn't supporters use to boo Voronin when he came on as a sub last season towards the year of the year?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #272: Mar 04, 2009 03:51:05 am
      Gold star for our Crouchinho!!

Made up we got the three points. Overall it was a decent performance although there were some frustrating moments in the first half.

Couldn't believe Mascherano was put in at right back before the game but he done alright. Heaven knows what must be going through Darby's mind though after that decision.

Thought Yossi had a good game again. Surely he has to keep his place in the team from now on. And well in to Ngog for getting his goal and putting the better team in front!

Big well done to knob jockey's who booed Lucas when he ran on the pitch - F***ing disgrace. Oh and a special mention to the lad in front of us who wouldn't join in with YNWA at the end so JD asked him if he knew the words.  ;)

Three points in the bag. That's more like it!!!

Thanks RK :D ;) Won $650 from a $5 bet for that. Double whammy.

Fantastic performance in the second, you just could tell the confidence was up and that edge in attack we have missing popped its head out. Well done to everyone especially N'gog who was my MOTM. He had one bad touch, thats all i recall him doing wrong. Well done David.

Benny and Mascher had great games too.

PS: How did Lucas and Babel go when they came on? I heard mixed things.

PPS: What did the lad say after JD asked him?!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #273: Mar 04, 2009 07:24:33 am
      A good win, good performance from the team and in particular Benayoun, Masch, N'Gog and Insua.
      Riera picked it up from his last few games, but still not up to standard IMO.

Disgraceful some of our fans are. I made me physically sick when they booed Lucas. Lucas didn't put a foot wrong, either.

Thanks RK :D ;) Won $650 from a $5 bet for that. Double whammy.

You can't have a gold star when you win money! Revoke immediately!
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #274: Mar 04, 2009 07:49:25 am
      A good and well deserved win, Benny was my MOM, however as much as i hate Andy Gray him and the other commentator made a good point, Benny is in form and over the last 2 games he has started he has been MOM in my opinion and is creating so much going forward, however like the commentators said what will happen when Nando comes back? If Rafa will play 1 up top which is obviously Nando then will he drop Benny to the bench and play Dirk on the right again? Both played well last night, but Benny has earned the right to start so if anyone should be dropped surely Dirk?

And another thing!!

WTF is going on at Anfield? I have never known the place to have so little atmosphere! Now i move around a lot and live away so it is justabout impossible to get a ticket, believe me i have tried, i even got a fan card to improve my chances, but it makes me think what type of fan wants to go to the Kop and just sit there? Make no noise apart from booing a red! As mentioned earlier probably not even know the words. When i actually manage to get home and get a ticket i can hardly sleep the night before and after the game i am hoarse, maybe its time to say something to these fans who just sit there with their bird(waste of another ticket) grinning because some people around them are singing songs they heard on the telly!

Give them a bit of sh*t and maybe real fans can get a ticket!

Rant Over.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #275: Mar 04, 2009 07:55:53 am
      Well played REDS,we got the right result and it could of been 6 and lets face it they should of had one.It does seem that long ago when some people reckoned we should sign Jones but after that miss its a good job we did not sign him.I thought Insua had a very good game and  I would also like to see him keep his place and play Aurelio in front of him.I thought Stevie did not look fully fit and Alonso did not reach his usual high standards while Mascherano did not let us down playing full back.

Quick Reply