Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool V Sunderland Match Thread

Read 21781 times
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: Liverpool V Sunderland Match Thread
      Reply #276: Mar 04, 2009 09:29:57 am
      I thought Lucas did well when he came on passed the ball well and was unlucky  not to score. Ive never booed a Liverpool player and never will. Lucas's only crime is he isnt Steven Gerrard. IF he had more confidence he would improve,however its unlikely while idiots boo him. It would never of happend in the past and if it did you would have expected a dig from someone.Cant be doing with some of these people I wont call them fans or supporters as they are clearly neither.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #277: Mar 04, 2009 09:48:51 am
      Managed to get to the game last night with my mate from North Wales,Thought Insua played really well, Benyoun deserved to be on the score sheet for all his running.I agree the home crowd were very quiet,not much to cheer about after last Saturday.Still nice to be at Anfield for the second time this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #278: Mar 04, 2009 09:49:44 am
      First of Crouchinho, well done mate $650 smackers in the pocket, nice one mate.

Good effort from the lads tonight...came away with the 3 points, that's all we asked for. Let's just get one win at a time and see where that takes us.

Missed the first goal as the stream went down   >:( then just saw Yossi stick it in the net and the stream went down again  :f_steam:

Doesn't matter, I saw the final whistle and it was a nice start to the day....and no Smiggs, I wasn't at work watching it, had the morning off  ;)
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #279: Mar 04, 2009 09:54:11 am
      I thought it was a good game, yossi and insua were great, would play yossi on the right ahead of kuyt when torres comes back tbh
      Atmosphere sounded better than the last few times and I was happy to hear YNMA at the end! Me and my bf where singing along at home  :D

Can't believe the boos for Lucas seriously, F***ing disgraceful, between boos and none singing I really think ticket allocation should be looked at in Anfield, we need to make it a fortress again,

Overall great confidence booster for all concerned especially after sat dissappointment and great first goal for N'Gog hopefully that's the flood gates opened for him now ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #280: Mar 04, 2009 10:02:44 am
      One more thing I forgot to add.

Lately after a match thread..you come on to the forum and there's approxiamtely 600 odd posts over 36 pages.

It's nice to come on and only see 14 pages with about 280 posts.

Just goes to show we had a good result as there are 400 odd posts missing, that normally involve Rafa bashing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #281: Mar 04, 2009 10:06:19 am
      ^^ Good point.

George Gillett's paid spivs mustn't have anything good to say about our victory.  Spineless.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #282: Mar 04, 2009 10:07:37 am
      Anyway we got the two goals and like Kenny said Lucas came on for N'Gog. Good semi-standing ovation for N'Gog (thoroughly deserved) and then some pockets (but enough people for it be heard) of booing for Lucas.  Completely embarrassing and took a shine off the victory for me.  What the f**k is wrong with some people.  Disgrace to the club.  In any case he didn't put a foot wrong when he came on.

That's disgraceful, you shouldn't boo any player, Even if Lucas isn't good. Pathetic fans - who dont deserve to go to the match, they're just like Arsenal fans (booing Eboue)  >:(

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #283: Mar 04, 2009 10:21:01 am
      Just back now.  Had to do a chippy stop. 

Some very baffled looks in The Cabbage before the game when the team came up on the big screen.

We started a bit ropey.Sunderland had a great chance very early on but luckily they didn't take it.  At half time there were some depressing groans but second half we made the break-through.  Well played for N'Gog, and then he contributed to Benayoun's goal.  A very well deserved win.

I thought Gerrard had a very quiet game and yet again Riera put in a sub-standard performance.  But Insua had a good game.  I'd be inclined to play Insua left back and possibly Aurelio left wing now as our first choice.

No time for Stevie G to go missing in our season.

Anyway we got the two goals and like Kenny said Lucas came on for N'Gog. Good semi-standing ovation for N'Gog (thoroughly deserved) and then some pockets (but enough people for it be heard) of booing for Lucas.  Completely embarrassing and took a shine off the victory for me.  What the f**k is wrong with some people.  Disgrace to the club.  In any case he didn't put a foot wrong when he came on.

So a good Anfield win, and I've yet to see us drop any points in league games this season. ;)

Maybe some of the boo boys should give me their ticket in future.

Good 3 points. Well done Yossi and N'Gog.

Apart from the booing JD what was your general view of the crowd? I felt it was very subdued even when we scored the crowd sounded like we had scored in a friendly! Is that a fair comment or was it just tv playing tricks?
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #284: Mar 04, 2009 10:19:46 pm
      It will be on the LFC Channel at midnight mate.

thanks for that
      MsGerrard
      Reply #285: Mar 04, 2009 11:13:52 pm

No time for Stevie G to go missing in our season.

I suspect he'll be worrying about his court case, comes up doesn't it on March 20th?

Bound to be at the back of his mind.

Personally I don't think he's 100% fit yet

Quick Reply