Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

aching bones!

Read 3148 times
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts |
      aching bones!
      Dec 02, 2006 09:43:34 pm
      some of you out there must sympathise with me on this subject!

why does it take me about 4 or 5 days to get over playing an hour of 5-a-side? fair enough, i'm not quite as fit as i was (when i say quite, i mean no where near!), i used to regularly play 4 matches (mixture of footy & rugby) over the course of a weekend with no ill effects whotsoever! now after 10 minutes i turn purple & want to vomit! i manage to pull myself through but am usually near collapse towards the end! the next day usually isn't so bad but the day after that.....! i get what i call the 5-a-side pains - 5 on each side! swollen ankles, stiff knees, creaking hips, sore back & aching shoulders!

i'm probably making this out to be worse than it really is, a hot radox bath does the trick after a few days, my missus says it's self inflicted & offers no sympathy at all, she says if it's causing that much pain then i shouldn't play!

but if we don't have football - we have nothing!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: aching bones!
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2006 10:05:43 pm
      I understand where your coming from.  I play Cricket in the summer and hate nothing worse than the big hit that won't trickle over the boundary.

I don't usually last long - I subconsciously give my wicket away to have a rest.   ;)

I think once you get over 30 post-sport massages handed out by svelte Swedish females should be mandatory (on the NHS?).  We do have to go to work on Monday's and keep this country running after all.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Dec 02, 2006 10:18:23 pm
      some of you out there must sympathise with me on this subject!

why does it take me about 4 or 5 days to get over playing an hour of 5-a-side? fair enough, i'm not quite as fit as i was (when i say quite, i mean no where near!), i used to regularly play 4 matches (mixture of footy & rugby) over the course of a weekend with no ill effects whotsoever! now after 10 minutes i turn purple & want to vomit! i manage to pull myself through but am usually near collapse towards the end! the next day usually isn't so bad but the day after that.....! i get what i call the 5-a-side pains - 5 on each side! swollen ankles, stiff knees, creaking hips, sore back & aching shoulders!

i'm probably making this out to be worse than it really is, a hot radox bath does the trick after a few days, my missus says it's self inflicted & offers no sympathy at all, she says if it's causing that much pain then i shouldn't play!

but if we don't have football - we have nothing!

Has age got anything to do with it Banksie ?   ;)  Comes to us all mate i'm sorry to say, but if you love it that much carry on but don't moan to your missus cos she won't understand  - ever  ;D 
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 02, 2006 11:06:56 pm
      Has age got anything to do with it Banksie ?   ;)  Comes to us all mate i'm sorry to say, but if you love it that much carry on but don't moan to your missus cos she won't understand  - ever  ;D 

i'm not THAT old! i think it has more to do with not doing much at all for the last 3 years following quite a serious knee injury that has stopped me playing rugby for good! i played 5-a-side 2 weeks ago for the first time in a year & probably overdid it a bit! played this week & it wasn't half as bad. a few more weeks & i'll be fighting fit & knocking on Rafa's door!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2006 10:11:03 am
      i'm not THAT old! i think it has more to do with not doing much at all for the last 3 years following quite a serious knee injury that has stopped me playing rugby for good! i played 5-a-side 2 weeks ago for the first time in a year & probably overdid it a bit! played this week & it wasn't half as bad. a few more weeks & i'll be fighting fit & knocking on Rafa's door!

You never mentioned all that in your original post, so sorry for calling you old  !!  ;D  You've just overdone it thats all, you will be fighting fit in a couple more weeks then you'll be ready for selection  ;D !! :xmas-smiley-022:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #5: Dec 04, 2006 05:51:12 pm
      well i would suggest you take a rest from it all for a couple of weeks, and if you play 2 or 3 games a week try and play a little less. but im no doc so blame me if it all goes pear shaped anyway!!
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 04, 2006 08:53:16 pm
      well i would suggest you take a rest from it all for a couple of weeks, and if you play 2 or 3 games a week try and play a little less. but im no doc so blame me if it all goes pear shaped anyway!!

think you missed the point a bit there Liverbird! when i was 16-19 i was playing 4 times a weekend & now i can just about manage once a fortnight with aches & pains for days!

Quick Reply