Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Poker

Read 35364 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Poker
      Reply #115: Aug 03, 2011 06:50:53 pm
      Ready.

Table #2410025 in the cash game menu.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #116: Aug 03, 2011 06:51:21 pm
      Ready.

will look for it now
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #117: Aug 03, 2011 06:52:37 pm
      jsham23 is my account name.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: Aug 03, 2011 06:53:05 pm
      Ready.

Whats your name. I'm Baliff
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #119: Aug 03, 2011 08:01:36 pm
      I got a fooking good hiding ;D. Well done Crouchy, no hard luck stories apart from one hand really   :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #120: Aug 03, 2011 08:06:25 pm
      :D I highlighted my success in a more accessible thread.

I probably got one or two more hands that were dealt more in my favour but was a tough game. You got me to fold the best hand a few times i reckon.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #121: Aug 03, 2011 08:21:14 pm
      Congratulations Crouchy

One nil  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #122: Aug 03, 2011 08:26:15 pm
      Congratulations Crouchy

One nil  ;)

not even half time yet   :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #123: Aug 04, 2011 02:34:43 pm
      Won $150 in a free roll tonight at my local :D I don't think i had a hand better than two pair K J and still beat them. Shithouses.

Managed to force a guy off Jacks full of Aces with my 9 7 :D We both agreed to show if he folded and he near flipped the table when i turned over 9 high.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #124: Aug 04, 2011 03:22:53 pm
      Won $150 in a free roll tonight at my local :D I don't think i had a hand better than two pair K J and still beat them. Shithouses.

Managed to force a guy off Jacks full of Aces with my 9 7 :D We both agreed to show if he folded and he near flipped the table when i turned over 9 high.

What the F**k?

Why would you fold a full boat? What was the board?

Did the board pair twice? Was it AAJJX? Cus that's the only way I'd ever fold right there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #125: Aug 04, 2011 03:24:15 pm
      A J J J 10.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #126: Aug 04, 2011 03:25:59 pm
      Couldn't fold regardless.

He had the fourth nuts, it's practically unfoldable.

Pot odds would say to play it. And hard.

Only hands that beat it is JX / AA / AT.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #127: Aug 04, 2011 03:34:34 pm
      A10 is counterfeited. Only a J or two Aces and i had limped in so you don't put me on Aces.

He raised and i check raised on it. He just called. Which makes me know he has an Ace. J comes on the turn and i check. He bets i just flat call. I lead in representing a value bet with quads and he raises. I snap shove and he folds.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #128: Aug 04, 2011 03:41:40 pm
      A10 is counterfeited. Only a J or two Aces and i had limped in so you don't put me on Aces.

He raised and i check raised on it. He just called. Which makes me know he has an Ace. J comes on the turn and i check. He bets i just flat call. I lead in representing a value bet with quads and he raises. I snap shove and he folds.

Snap shove sealed it.

Nice play man.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #129: Aug 04, 2011 04:09:38 pm
      Thankyou, kindly.

Played so many hands like that but didn't do it twice to the same person or even at the same table. Made the most money out of an old timer who was tight as hell.

He'd play so aggressive when he had a good hand pre-flop. So whenever he would raise i would instantly call regardless of what i had. If it was a low board he'd always check so i knew he had either AK or AQ suited and i would raise and he'd instantly fold.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #130: Aug 04, 2011 04:37:14 pm
      Thankyou, kindly.

Played so many hands like that but didn't do it twice to the same person or even at the same table. Made the most money out of an old timer who was tight as hell.

He'd play so aggressive when he had a good hand pre-flop. So whenever he would raise i would instantly call regardless of what i had. If it was a low board he'd always check so i knew he had either AK or AQ suited and i would raise and he'd instantly fold.

When I'm on lockdown - at tourneys or just in general, I always make sure I play one or two hands that are semi-decent to baffle everyone.

Usually 2,4 / 5,7 / 7,9 / suited King / suited Ace.

That's where tight players make the huge errors. They only play strong pre-flop hands. The board won't always go their way.

In fact, about 20% of the time it'll go their way.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #131: Aug 04, 2011 04:46:13 pm
      Some play not even 5%.

Look at Howard Lederer for example. The biggest lump sack in cash game poker.

They fold unless they have top pair or hit a set on the flop. Soft.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #132: Aug 04, 2011 06:11:01 pm
      Couldn't fold regardless.

He had the fourth nuts, it's practically unfoldable.

Pot odds would say to play it. And hard.

Only hands that beat it is JX / AA / AT.

Please explain to me how having the 4th nuts is unfoldable? It all depends - like everything in poker. 4th nuts on a 10 9 5 3 J where 4 are the same suit is very weak, especially when the action gets hot.  If you mean on this 1 hand - then I don't see why not. I'd fold it against some opponents and I'd raise against others.

Like he proved in that bluff, the cards are one of the least important aspects of poker - position/aggression and opponent awareness has a far greater importance.

There's many hands where folding the 2 nuts is the right play.

Also we don't know the pot odds here? He hasn't given us any info regarding the pot or the betting so we have no idea what the pot odds were.

But we can safely assume that it was quite a large pot because it got all the way to the river - unless there were some unorthodox moves involved.

Anyway, congrats Crouch
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #133: Aug 04, 2011 07:04:10 pm
      Sickest hand i have ever played and it was so awesome.

I picked the guy's hand pre-flop. Explained to him how i was going to play this hand despite him hitting his dream flop i still managed to make him fold.

He raises under the gun with 25/50 blinds to 255. I call with KJ off suit on the button and so does one other player.

A K 8 rainbow on the flop. He raises 147 and i tell him, 'Dream flop for your AK'. I also give him a line to throw him off. 'I'll call my draw.'

10 is the turn. 'Scary card' i say and he bets 485. If i had any little doubt he didn't have AK, that was diminished. He has AK. I call.

J on the river. I lead in and comment on it saying 'Ouch. Suck out.' He folds despite him dominating me. Was so fun and a hand where it just plays out beautifully.

He even shows and i have every persons respect on my table :D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #134: Aug 04, 2011 07:25:36 pm
      Let me get this straight - you called a 5 times the bb raise from UTG with KJ?

What range were you putting villain on?

AA
      KK
      QQ
      JJ
      AK
      AQ

Those are in section 1 of hands he'd play - that meaning he'll play these hands in any position.

Other hands like

AJ
      A10
      KQ

Some players play these hands from UTG - some don't. Depends on if their tight or not. But you should be a lot tighter from UTG then late position - but saying that you need to respect people's raises from UTG too.

All those hands are beating KJ pre flop or just marginally ahead in a coin flip - if the player who raised UTG  has some sort of understanding of poker - which I don't think he has because he bet 147 into a pot of excess 800. That bet size was awful by him on the flop but he showed tightness by folding on the river.

Don't see how calling with KJ in position against an UTG raise is a good play here. Your behind to nearly his whole range, but I must note, I don't know his playing style. If he raises every pre flop then fine...should easily feel a flop.

Don't you agree crouch - that the call pre flop from you was "loose" to put it one way. If you read he had AK then in the long run, you'd be losing money.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #135: Aug 04, 2011 07:31:37 pm
      Of course it was loose. I knew i was beat the whole time but simply out-thought him and won a big pot. Any drawing board and i felt i could win it with a bit of a word on the chat box.

You can't win a thing playing that way. You have to step out of line if you want to go deep and you want to cash. I can't expect to hit a set/flush/straight every hand to win or win by simply betting correctly.
      Furthermore, if you can pick a persons hand before a card has been dealt, then they are immediately thrown off. They don't know what to do. Then they step out of line and if they know you know their hand and your still calling then they think they're beat or if a straight presents itself.

I played it perfectly IMO.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #136: Aug 04, 2011 07:36:31 pm
      Of course it was loose. I knew I was beat the whole time but simply out-thought him and won a big pot. Any drawing board and I felt I could win it with a bit of a word on the chat box.

You can't win a thing playing that way. You have to step out of line if you want to go deep and you want to cash. I can't expect to hit a set/flush/straight every hand to win or win by simply betting correctly.
      Furthermore, if you can pick a persons hand before a card has been dealt, then they are immediately thrown off. They don't know what to do. Then they step out of line and if they know you know their hand and your still calling then they think they're beat or if a straight presents itself.

I played it perfectly IMO.

Fair enough, although you win plenty by the way I play and I was just wondering if you thought your play was loose; meaning if you did that every time, on every type of board, you'd lose in the long run.

So basically you were floating him...calling planning on stealing the pot on a later street using your positional advantage.

Although if that jack didn't come on the river, that bluff probably wouldn't have worked.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #137: Aug 04, 2011 07:48:12 pm
      i reckon i was good with that turn. JQ suited is a more than suitable calling hand and something you would put me on straight away if i said that after that flop.

The J coming just cemented it.

Quick Reply