Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Unsung heroes

Read 3744 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,183 posts | 1631 
      Unsung heroes
      Apr 10, 2006 10:40:35 pm
      Every team has an unsung hero, whats all of your's. i'm goin for steve finnan because he's one of the most consistent right backs in the league and never even gets a mention on anything.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2006 11:17:56 pm
      I agree Steve Finnan is a bit of an unsung hero but my choice - and this is probably more for the last couple of seasons is Didi Hamann.

Every time he is called in (ala European Cup final) he has been immense.

He has to rank as one of Houllier's best buys. Even at £8 million (yes I know quite a lot...)
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2006 12:19:26 pm
      I completely agree with both of you... it used to be Carra, but he's getting the recognition now. But Finnan seems to go unnoticed... except for us Liverpool fans, we give him the praise he so deserves.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2006 12:31:13 pm
      I also think Riise is abit of a unsung hero, played every game last season, played most of this season in defence/midfield scores a few goals and is still only 25!!!
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2006 03:19:34 pm
      Carragher! hes amazing ! he just dosent get noticed as much as lets say: crouch or gerrard ! he clears danger in a top class way and plays football like it should be played!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2006 09:00:28 pm
      Steve Finnan gets my vote, the poor lad hasn't even got a song about him !!  I think the kopites should sort that one out, imagine how proud he'd be hearing his name sung around the ground and how great he'd feel knowing we all love him really  ;D

anyway, you guys no-one answereed me when i asked if anyones goin' to the Youth Cup final on thurs ?? ;D
      god11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2006 09:06:24 pm
      what about rafas zonal marking system that got to be a unsung hero the defence is like a machine
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Unsung heroes
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2006 10:10:07 pm
      Good point god - remember the soft sods on Match of the Day when we first brought in that zonal marking, and how they took the piss nearly every Saturday.

Best defence in the Premiership.

Stick that up your arse Gary 'smirking' Lineker - and you were crap doing the golf - bring back Steve Ryder.  :x

Quick Reply