Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Help wanted with Hillsborough coverage

Read 4342 times
      MsGerrard
      Help wanted with Hillsborough coverage
      Mar 07, 2009 10:31:12 pm
      HELP WANTED WITH HILLSBOROUGH COVERAGE

Paul Rogers 07 March 2009

As part of LFC’s coverage of the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, this website and the club’s TV channel, LFC TV, will be producing a host of content to mark the tragic events of April 15 1989.
      The centre piece of the coverage will hopefully be the broadcasting of the memorial service live on both the club channel and website, allowing as many fans, friends and relatives as possible to pay their respects, wherever in the world they may be.

The full breakdown of our coverage will be revealed nearer the time but all shows for the channel and articles for the website will certainly involve players past and present, survivors, supporters and relatives of the fans who lost their lives.

To allow as many fans as possible to see the coverage of the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, LFC TV will be available to watch free for 24 hours on April 15 while all video content made available on the website will be free to download or watch online for ever.

Through our coverage on the day one theme we’d like to get across is the fact that we want to remember and celebrate 96 individual human beings.

They may have become known collectively as ‘The 96’ but on that fateful day 20 years ago, it was a mother’s son, a child’s dad, a brother, a sister, a cousin and a friend who all left home to attend a football match.

Every one of the people who died at Hillsborough was their own person – with their own life story – and ideally, we’d like to reflect this in our coverage of the anniversary.

We have a number of ideas of how we will do this but one is to feature the faces of all those who died as a result of Hillsborough on both the homepage of the website and the TV channel.

On LFC TV, a photo montage – with one picture following another – would be shown with the name of each individual placed below the photo. The photo montage will be set to an appropriate musical soundtrack.

To make this work, we need your help to acquire a photo of each of the 96 individuals.

This could be a photo of your choice that can be sent to Hillsborough, LFC TV, Media House, Unit 14, Matchworks II, Speke Road, Liverpool L19 2RF – obviously we will return all pictures sent in – or the photo could be emailed to Hillsborough@liverpoolfc.tv. Whether the picture is emailed in or posted, it is essential that the following information is included:

# The name of the person in the photo
      # Your name
      # Your Relation to them (Family, Relative or friend)
      # Return Address to send photo back (doesn’t apply to email)
      # Contact Number

If you can help in any way, it will be much appreciated. If you can’t help, but know someone who can, please pass on this message. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch via email Hillsborough@liverpoolfc.tv and we will ring you back.

Thanks

Liverpoolfc.tv
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2009 03:27:35 pm by redkenny, Reason: Deserves it\'s own thread »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Our mark of respect on April 15th
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2009 03:22:45 pm
      It sounds like the club has something special planned for the 20th anniversary anyway. It all sounds great. I hope they get a good response.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Help wanted with Hillsborough coverage
      Reply #2: Mar 08, 2009 03:31:11 pm
      Me too. I'm sure they will.

All the info is above if anyone can help.
      lfcyasmin@msn.com
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      • FERNANDO TORRES
      Reply #3: Mar 08, 2009 07:10:27 pm
      i want some stickers of hillsborough to give out in birmingham
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2009 07:27:17 pm
      I want some stickers of hillsborough to give out in birmingham

Best getting in contact direct matey, they may send you some.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/shop.shtm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #5: Mar 13, 2009 02:00:12 am
      If I'm being completely honest, I feel the live broadcasting of the event a bit distasteful, or am I being out of line?
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 13, 2009 02:40:31 am
      That Day 15th April 1989 would have been the sick & distasteful day to see
      Me Dad when that game & he save young lad life, He aint been talkin about the hillsborough seen it happend.

Justice for 96!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Mar 13, 2009 08:27:35 am
      If I'm being completely honest, I feel the live broadcasting of the event a bit distasteful, or am I being out of line?

Yeah I know what you mean, it should be a little more private maybe.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2009 08:03:53 pm
      Paul Rogers posted this on RAWK yesterday. If anyone can help at all, his email is in his post below.

We now have 88 photos (89 supporters, as one photo has two brothers) of the victims.

We are just missing 7 - so one last appeal to everyone reading this, if you can help in any way in tracking down any relatives or friends of the seven people listed below, it would be massively appreciated. If you can pass on this appeal on other message boards, brilliant.

email me @ paul.rogers@liverpoolfc.tv - Thanks in advance.

David William Birtle, 22

Raymond Thomas Chapman, 50

Alan Johnston, 29

Joseph Daniel McCarthy, 21

Inger Shah, 38

Peter Reuben Thompson, 30

Martin Keneth Wild, 29

Quick Reply