Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Anybody here unemployed - a guide to spending your time wisely

Read 2213 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Anybody here unemployed - a guide to spending your time wisely
      Mar 09, 2009 01:21:25 am
      OK I'm a part time night worker really, hence all my late night posts. So is anybody else underutilised during daylight hours, if so what can we do with our newly acquired time. I remember in the 80's, me and me mates used to basically walk around Huyton and drink at night to kill the boredom, but as you get older you find new ways to pass the time and enjoy your time too.

What do you doleys do in the day.

here is my advice list.

Washing, cleaning, listen to talk radio, open the curtains now and again and look at the sun.
      Football manager (the time fly's and you start to talk like jose to yourself although you look pale after 3 days and you realise you havent eaten)
      count the buses going past your window.
      Talk to pensioners as there is nobody else about the urban streets at 10:30am
      Talk to builders and tarmac men and ask if there is any work down that hole in the styley of Mr Hughes
      Pick the kids up from school at 3 ish
      Start a club in your shed.
      D.I Fooking Y.
      Drink your drinks cabinet, then eat out the fridge.
      Go on Social networking thingies all day.
      switch on daytime TV ... ahum not done this for a while is neighbours and crossroads still on.
      oh and finally browse the most useful and sometime un-useful sites jobcentreplus.co.uk jobsite.co.uk and jobserve.co.uk
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Anybody here unemployed - a guide to spending your time wisely
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2009 12:32:51 pm
      I'll get you going here mate!I'm curious,you work some nights!!Do you carry a torch,wear a horizontal top,carry a bag over your shoulder and a jemmy in your kex? And Finally have you spelt your username correctally ? :f_whistle:
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2009 01:28:03 pm

what's a Jemmy? is it slang for something.

Here is a clue, i dont carry a torch, so im not down the mines.
      Wear a horizontal top...... sorry cant understand that quote.
      A bag over my shoulder not unlike David Banner, er No!
      does B stand for Blerto, because you are now christened Joey Blerto.   ha ha
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Mar 09, 2009 01:36:06 pm
      A jemmy is a tool for brakeing into things, like cars.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Mar 09, 2009 01:42:32 pm
      I'm not unemployed. But I'm afraid I might be sooner or later.

I hope this thread fills up with more hints and tips in the meantime.

StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #5: Mar 09, 2009 05:32:30 pm
      I'm unemployed! But i'm still at school so i'm not complaining too much because the type of work i'm looking for is only as an aside to my education, not as a living like most people. I feel sorry for all those losing their jobs at the minute, it's terrible! Even I'm finding it difficult to find a job, i'm constantly on the look out for part-time stuff but nothing suitable seems to be there. Ahhh well . .
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2009 06:58:19 pm
      what's a Jemmy? is it slang for something.

Here is a clue, I don't carry a torch, so I'm not down the mines.
      Wear a horizontal top...... sorry cant understand that quote.
      A bag over my shoulder not unlike David Banner, er No!
      does B stand for Blerto, because you are now christened Joey Blerto.   ha ha

Meant to write horizontal (stripped)top.Sorry mate typing whilst LYAO is conducive to typing errors. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2009 07:06:45 pm
      I'll be shortly. Enjoy the comfort of your bed.
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Mar 10, 2009 12:38:04 am
      I'm unemployed since last November but I have lots of kids to help the wife look after. I do 4 school runs a day so that pretty much takes up my time. And I've started to make a vegtable garden to fill in the gaps. Theres no point looking for work as there is no jobs about.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #9: Mar 10, 2009 01:06:02 am
      I'm unemployed since last November but I have lots of kids to help the wife look after. I do 4 school runs a day so that pretty much takes up my time. And I've started to make a vegtable garden to fill in the gaps. Theres no point looking for work as there is no jobs about.
      There is a lot of us in this boat now, i think it is a waste of time getting a 6 quid an hour job, you can probably make more on ebay selling your old rubbish every week, i used to be on a good wage so im not working for buttons, us house-husbands are a new phenomenum which will take over the world with our yellow gloves and turbo hoovers
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Mar 10, 2009 01:39:16 am
      Spending your time wisely?

www.lfcreds.com

It's full of opinions, articles, news and all sorts.

Quite good, actually. ;)
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Mar 10, 2009 11:36:00 am
       :
      Spending your time wisely?

www.lfcreds.com

It's full of opinions, articles, news and all sorts.

Quite good, actually. ;)
         You're not serious? Yeah I think I'll give it a go. :P
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Mar 10, 2009 11:53:38 am
      Get the exercise in ,keeps the brain ticking over.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #13: Mar 16, 2009 02:28:26 am

I really find that to be a sad comment. I don't mean this harshly but that is a terribly defeatist attitude. By taking the view that you can't find work you are automatically proving yourself correct by not trying.

Good God man....assuming you are able-bodied there must be some merit in giving it a go. I broke my neck and use a wheelchair now so there are less things I can do but even I get out and try things. Surely you could find something decent within a 30 minute ride from where you live.

Come on lad....don't give up on it that easy.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #14: Mar 16, 2009 03:02:08 am
      Depends what you mean by employed. If you mean do I have a job then yes I'm employed because I do all sorts like the odd decorating job here, odd security there, even the occoasional run into town for an auld girl to do her shopping for her. If however you mean do I have a proper job then no I don't.

Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #15: Mar 16, 2009 08:45:23 am
      Here s a job to beat the recession.Can you change the oil / filter in your car ? can you replace your plugs ? can you replace brake shoes / pads ? Can you use a grease gun ? IF you answered yes to all these questions get  leaflets printed offering to service cars for a set fee of £50 plus parts.Theres a young lad down by me doing just that and can't handle all the work he's got.And all his work now is just personal recommendations.Its all cash work so you will have to send some of your hard earned money to the taxman. :f_whistle: Good Luck.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #16: Mar 16, 2009 10:40:58 am
      I really find that to be a sad comment. I don't mean this harshly but that is a terribly defeatist attitude. By taking the view that you can't find work you are automatically proving yourself correct by not trying.

Good God man....assuming you are able-bodied there must be some merit in giving it a go. I broke my neck and use a wheelchair now so there are less things I can do but even I get out and try things. Surely you could find something decent within a 30 minute ride from where you live.

Come on lad....don't give up on it that easy.
      i admire your courage and energy in doing what you do.
      But my point is, what is the point in working for somebody else (usually about £6 an hour these days), when you can do useful things around the house, and the school run and the cleaning etc, also some things that end up being £30 and hour instead of six, ie working for yourself when ever you get the chance.

I have also given up looking for a full time job, its been 2 years in reality since i was full time employed now, ive lost a bit of hope because every place ive worked at is full of managers who dont care about the workers, and only care about their own careers, and the only way to get on is to suck up to them, ive got too much dignity within myself to do this, so i work part time for myself.

For all of youse young'uns out there, this seems to be the way the world works at the moment, so dont do them crappy jobs, with crappy bosses and be your own boss, even if its only part time and not as profitable, it will stop you from going insane, with the 9 to 5 madness out there.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #17: Mar 19, 2009 09:46:29 am
      Has an idea, has anybody had experience of know of somebody who runs a pub, looks a sinch to me, might have a go.

Quick Reply