Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jerzy Dudek - A Tribute

Read 11540 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Jerzy Dudek - A Tribute
      Dec 05, 2006 04:24:00 pm
      I feel sorry for Jerzy, he is a quality keeper. After all he lead us to winning our 5th European Cup. After that, he has been dejected from the first team... and now just warming a spot on the bench.
      Don't get me wrong Reina is class. But Jerzy is just as good. As Jerzy has quoted " This might be my last appearance in a Liverpool Shirt"
      Before the match, he is going to kiss the two posts and the penatly spot. The same goal were he performed his heroic saves and fantastic entertainment of the 'Wobby Legs'
      We have offered Jerzy an extension to his contract.
      But, hope he has a brillaint game tonight.
      Jerzy Dudek - Liverpool Legend
      YNWA
      scousesaz06
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Re: Jerzy Dudek - A Tribute
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2006 04:51:37 pm
      i feel sorry 4 him 2 he shud b given a chance i cant really c him signing a new contract cause he wants 2 get bk in the polish national team & he aint goin 2 do that keepin the bench warm
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2006 06:57:22 pm
      Yeah, cheers Jerzy, i dont think he'll stay and warm the bench, cant see why Rafa doesnt rotate them, both are quality 'keepers, looking forward to seeing Jerzy between the sticks tonight, it will be very emotional for him,  thanks for the memories    ;D
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2006 07:13:25 pm
      fansastic goalkeeper a real liverpool legend good luck tonight jerzy
      kim
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2006 09:50:00 pm
      dudek is a class keeper but it showed tonight that if he does'nt get enough first team games then the lack of vision and confidence isnt there i wish him all the best in his venture to another team next season as i cant see him accepting a new contract to only sit on the bench
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2006 09:58:05 pm
      well jerzy's contract runs out at the end of the season i cant see him getting offered a new conract with the likes of scott carson and david martin showing there worth.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2006 10:15:52 pm
      ONLY LOKOMOTIV PLOVDIV FC FROM BULGARIA
      Okay...
      ;D.
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 05, 2006 10:28:46 pm
      if thid was to be his last game, i wish it could have been better for him,as he has done us proud between them posts over the years.
      but i wouldnt blame him for wanting to move to gain more first team games,as he wants to fight for his poland spot back,and how can he with a numb arse
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Dec 05, 2006 10:53:18 pm
      Jerzy is not good enough, he had one good season and never lived up to the standards he set. He is a decent keeper and proved to be a big match man on more than one occasion. Don't forget the League cup final against Man USA when hen made so many great saves too, its not just about Istanbul! But at the end of the season surely we have to bring back one of the top players in the Premiership this year, Scotty Carson, Englands number 1.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #9: Dec 05, 2006 11:10:03 pm
      Jerzy is not good enough, he had one good season and never lived up to the standards he set. He is a decent keeper and proved to be a big match man on more than one occasion. Don't forget the League cup final against Man USA when hen made so many great saves too, its not just about Istanbul! But at the end of the season surely we have to bring back one of the top players in the Premiership this year, Scotty Carson, Englands number 1.

Couldn't agree more.  Let's forget needing to get the chequebooks out for keepers for a while.

We need a bit of stability between the sticks.  Carson's had a great season - but should he be our sub keeper every game? He would probably prefer to be on loan.  Just don't accept the money for him.  He could have a great Anfield career - but don't forget (even though he doesn't look it) Reina's a mere slip of a boy too.
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 06, 2006 08:05:16 pm
      Couldn't agree more.  Let's forget needing to get the chequebooks out for keepers for a while.

We need a bit of stability between the sticks.  Carson's had a great season - but should he be our sub keeper every game? He would probably prefer to be on loan.  Just don't accept the money for him.  He could have a great Anfield career - but don't forget (even though he doesn't look it) Reina's a mere slip of a boy too.
      i totally agree about carson, he has had an outstanding season, but he wasnt going to get better as a sub and get the vital experience he needs,which is why it has been good for him (and liverpool) that he's having this loan period where he's getting regular games.
      if this is dudeks last season for us we will just have to bring carson back next season,not sell him, who by then will have every right to fight for the No1 spot.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 14, 2007 09:40:52 pm
      Thanks for everything Jerzy... you will always be a true Liverpool hero.

The best of luck if you decide to go to Madrid - you were one of a kind!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #12: Jun 14, 2007 10:19:22 pm
      This is a tribute to Dudek not a place to view negative thoughts about him. Gave us some very special memories and will always be remembered. Good luck dudek all the best. 
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #13: Jun 14, 2007 10:46:21 pm
      This is a tribute to Dudek not a place to view negative thoughts about him. Gave us some very special memories and will always be remembered. Good luck dudek all the best. 

Couldnt agree more. Sad thing is FOOTBALL IS NO PLACE FOR NOSTALGIA. His treatment by Benitez proves such. After what he did for this club on that night Rafa treated him like a total c**t. Sorry folks but thats a fact, I wish him and his family all the best in the world I really do. God bless Jerzy I hope you are treated better than when you were with us.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #14: Jun 14, 2007 10:59:53 pm
      Couldnt agree more. Sad thing is FOOTBALL IS NO PLACE FOR NOSTALGIA. His treatment by Benitez proves such. After what he did for this club on that night Rafa treated him like a total c**t. Sorry folks but thats a fact, I wish him and his family all the best in the world I really do. God bless Jerzy I hope you are treated better than when you were with us.

Your post makes zero sense.

You say 'Football has no place for Nostalgia' and then said Rafa treated him badly.

Smicer scored a goal in that final, but had to leave because he wasn't good enough for us.  Same for Jerzy. He performed heroically on that night but Rafa replaced him with a better keeper.

All the best for the future Jerzy. You will always be one of the stars of that great night in Istanbul.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 12:41:55 am by Jabba »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Jun 15, 2007 08:51:05 am
      I think we will always remember for his Istanbul heroics!
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #16: Jun 15, 2007 09:13:41 am
      Your post makes zero sense.

You say 'Football has no place for Nostalgia' and then said Rafa treated him badly.

Smicer scored a goal in that final, but had to leave because he wasn't good enough for us.  Same for Jerzy. He performed heroically on that night but Rafa replaced him with a better keeper.

All the best for the future Jerzy. You will always be one of the stars of that great night in Istanbul.

How did you work that one out?? Of cause it makes sense, he was a taken from hero to zero by the way he was treated, and dont give me this crap about he was replaced by a better keeper, if I remember rightly a few months back everyone was slating Pepe for his poor performances, I even had one fat idiot behind me in the Anfield Road end at the Blackburn home game last season call Pepe "Coco the F***ing Clown". IMHO he was not treated fairly and was a good keeper thats a fact, and if your not getting enough first team games your not going to be sharp enough are you! Its like I said in the post which makes perfect sense, football is no place for nostalgia even heros are thrown away once they have outlived their usefulness. Rafa holds no torch for any player unlike GH did, he sees everyone as part of his red machine no matter what heroics they pullout. PLAIN AND SIMPLE JERZY COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN TREATED BETTER.
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 15, 2007 10:09:01 am
      he his 1 of my fave liverpool keepers ever
      good luck to him
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Jun 15, 2007 11:10:21 am
      How did you work that one out?? Of cause it makes sense, he was a taken from hero to zero by the way he was treated, and dont give me this crap about he was replaced by a better keeper, if I remember rightly a few months back everyone was slating Pepe for his poor performances, I even had one fat idiot behind me in the Anfield Road end at the Blackburn home game last season call Pepe "Coco the f***ing Clown". IMHO he was not treated fairly and was a good keeper thats a fact, and if your not getting enough first team games your not going to be sharp enough are you! Its like I said in the post which makes perfect sense, football is no place for nostalgia even heros are thrown away once they have outlived their usefulness. Rafa holds no torch for any player unlike GH did, he sees everyone as part of his red machine no matter what heroics they pullout. PLAIN AND SIMPLE JERZY COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN TREATED BETTER.

We had already lined up Reina as a replacement long before Istanbul, because brilliant as he was on his day, Jerzy Dudek had no consistency. You try & use lack of games as a reason for inconsistency, yet in that season he played near enough every game. Plain & simple fact, Jerzy Dudek was never good enough for us week in week out, Reina near enough always is. It was the right decision to make, and one great game doesn't change that fact.

Anyway, well done, this topic was to pay tribute to Dudek for his antics in Istanbul. I now just remember all the crap stuff he did.
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 15, 2007 12:13:20 pm
      All the very Best Jerzy Istambul/Liverpool Legend
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #20: Jun 15, 2007 10:09:12 pm
      Crazy at times but always a hero good luck hope he gets the first team football he deserves
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6832 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Jun 16, 2007 01:50:36 am
      all the best Jerzy...good luck at Madrid, Benfica or wherever the papers say you are going ;).....thanks for Istanbul. :ernaehrung004: :champ:
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Jun 16, 2007 10:17:19 am

Quick Reply