Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool v Real Madrid - Match thread

Read 36949 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid - Match thread
      Reply #322: Mar 11, 2009 03:30:30 am
      fantastic result! we were absolutely awesome!
      our best performance of the season. stevie g. and nando were back to their best. feel they're gonna thrash manure over the weekend!by the way, we played the exact team we used to play last season, didn't we? just goes on to show that we don't need all those extra signings that people on this forum have been discussing.
      we may require a player or two, but just as back-up! otherwise our team is perfect!

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #323: Mar 11, 2009 03:31:29 am
      I missed it!!!  :f_wah: I set my DVR to record it and raced home from work to watch and it didn't record!!!  :mad: noooooooo!!!!! :f_wah:
       :f_wah:
      :D :D
      feel sorry for you :P
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #324: Mar 11, 2009 04:15:11 am
      Extremely please and proud of my mighty Reds!...I never thought that we would win 4-0, I was expecting a closer game but we showed the world that we are a serious contender and that the CL is Liverpool's tournament!

And I hope that with this result, the Real Madrid nation going from players to the president learned there lesson, lets not forget that the Real president Boluda said that they would of win 3-0 in Madrid and 2-1 at Anfield!...am glad we shut them up
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #325: Mar 11, 2009 04:24:42 am
      What an unbelievable performance by The Lords Of Europe!

Everyone contributed to make this a Masterclass, and send the pompous and arrogant very Un-Royal Madrid home, their pride well and truly annihilated and with their tails between their legs.

They can talk it up all they want before the contest, however it would be prudent for them to realise that a club of our pedigree and European record will not go quietly into the night.

Our first half was stunning, and especially the first 25 minutes were electric and no team on this planet could have gone with us. The ball movement and player movement was mesmerising and I had goose-bumps watching our boys strut their stuff.

Now onward and upward, which hopefully leads us to Rome. We must also take this confidence and form to play the scum on Saturday.

This great team, trusted and tried. They're the Pride of Merseyside

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #326: Mar 11, 2009 04:39:07 am
      I really feel for you and yes it was the beautiful game Musu in all it's glory.

For us we played a game that Rael just couldn't live with, the first 30mins was something to live in the memory for a long time,we were awesome (as Stevie G said).

My moment of the match was Nando doing the pass and turn (to himself) and only the most incredible save by Cassilas stopped the goal. Maschas long shot tipped over via the crossbar. Another chance that stevie had to stretch for made the keeper work again. and other saves in between.

Then in between or just after that little lot a long ball by Pepe which Rael let bounce  with one Madrid defender and Nando and Babel or Kuyt chasing it  and before you knew what the defender slipped and The ball was passed to Nando 1 - 0, not long after a ball that Arbeloa (I think) pushed on with his chest and the ball was going pased Heinze who looked like he stopped it with the top of his arm, and what I thought was a pen and was given as a pen, was put away by none other than Stevie G. Looking in slow motion showed it wasn't a pen but who cares they all count and we have had worse given against us now and then.

The second half went like the first, attack with pace, a great cross by Babel after 5 mins or so and the best goal of the night was scored with the side of Stevie G's boot, after that it was a case of seeing out the game and near the end Dosena came on and got in on the act. We had lots of other chances near the end with one incredible save by their keeper. The second half was more a case of what we have we keep and you will not pass....

A mention for Ryan Babel who had a really good game and now I would like to see him take this performance on and give us more of what he can do. Also to Jay Spearing who came on and did well without being overawed. The future looks bright.

Only now and then do you see what Rafa wants of the players and last night they delivered in full, and every one of them deserves a big thanks for making it a night to remember.

I cant do the match justice Musu but I hope this helps in some small way. I hope you get to see the game soon it's well worth watching.....
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #327: Mar 11, 2009 04:40:21 am
      What a win. Just goes to show we could demolish any team on Planet Earth.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #328: Mar 11, 2009 05:00:03 am
      Tonight I am the proudest englishmen in america. Just beyond my dreams in terms of result and performance. Didn't sleep much last night with all the worries of what could be...but that match was off the richter scale!
      My year now feels so much better.
      The 'pass and move' performance brought back great memories of great lfc teams of old.
      My heart is swollen and thanks to every red man who tore apart real madrid either from the field or upon the kop....tonight you have made one die hard fan go to bed with a beaming smile upon his face.
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #329: Mar 11, 2009 05:05:25 am
      After this match i have huge dobts that manchester united will even stand a chance!!!  We should play the same tactics against manchester!!!
      l2v
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #330: Mar 11, 2009 05:06:17 am
      Unfortunately the match was live in 3 a.m. today. I can't watch for it but I've just got it in 7 a.m. (not live). Really one a best matches ! The Kop is the ONE !
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #331: Mar 11, 2009 05:31:42 am
      Where do u live R1?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #332: Mar 11, 2009 05:32:28 am
      Sorry! Mean 12V!
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #333: Mar 11, 2009 05:48:53 am
      What a fantastic game last night,the best i have seen Liverpool play this season.I take my hat off to Rafa and the boys.We killed off the game in the 1st half.Every Liverpool player had a great game,Gerrard and Torres were phenomenal.Babel had his best game of the season.It should of been 10-0.Every player was so pumped up.If we lost the ball a liverpool player would get it back immediately.Real didnt have time to even breath,i think they expected us to old onto that precious 1 goal that we picked up at the bernabeu and just defend(they got a hell of a surprise).Well done to Rafa on that.This game has to go down as 1 of our best European nights.It was such joy to watch and made me so proud to be a LFC supporter.WE ARE LIVERPOOL,WE ARE EUROPEAN GIANTS,WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO ROME.

YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #334: Mar 11, 2009 06:54:49 am
      What a fantastic game last night,the best I have seen Liverpool play this season.I take my hat off to Rafa and the boys.We killed off the game in the 1st half.Every Liverpool player had a great game,Gerrard and Torres were phenomenal.Babel had his best game of the season.It should of been 10-0.Every player was so pumped up.If we lost the ball a liverpool player would get it back immediately.Real didnt have time to even breath,I think they expected us to old onto that precious 1 goal that we picked up at the bernabeu and just defend(they got a hell of a surprise).Well done to Rafa on that.This game has to go down as 1 of our best European nights.It was such joy to watch and made me so proud to be a LFC supporter.WE ARE LIVERPOOL,WE ARE EUROPEAN GIANTS,WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO ROME.

YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They all played great, this game will remain in my memories, I lost my voice after the game!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #335: Mar 11, 2009 07:08:29 am
      The Oscar for the best performance of the year goes to Liverpool for their perfect display against Real Madrid.The Spanish were never allowed any glimmer of hope during the entire course of the match.Liverpool attacked at will & the Madrid goal looked at their mercy.Had it not been for Casillas the score would surely have been that of a cricket match.Big name players like Robben & Raul were hard to find on the pitch.It looked like every one in Liverpool squad had reserved their best performance of the season for this game & there was absolutely no fault to take out of this game.This would surely go in our museums to sit pretty with the rest of our most memeorable performances.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #336: Mar 11, 2009 07:17:07 am
      Still buzzing from how we made them look a pub team.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #337: Mar 11, 2009 07:27:31 am
      What a display, brought back memories of the great Liverpool teams of the 60s,70s and 80s and best of all  you could see every player wanted to win.Well done RAFA ,players and staff you did us proud.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #338: Mar 11, 2009 07:31:55 am
      Awesome, brilliant i cannot praise the mighty reds enough, i am the one who sais it could be squeaky bum time and i am so glad i was proved so wrong, we had it all, pace, power, skill and ability. When their man of the match is the keeper and he lets in 4 goals it shows you just how good we were. And well done the fans, it felt like Anfield again, gave me goose bumps and certainly seemed to get the players going. I am very happy today.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #339: Mar 11, 2009 07:48:53 am
      Just getting ready for work and am still on a high, cant wait to get in and give it some to the Bitters    ;D
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #340: Mar 11, 2009 07:54:19 am
      real who??
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #341: Mar 11, 2009 07:57:00 am
      YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU REDS!!!!!!!! Well played lads fantastic game we really showed our quality everyone was saying before the game that Rafa and the boys would sit back with our away goal but we didn't we came out and destroyed them, big up to Rafa, lets take that momentum and do the same to the F***ing mancs!!!! Nando looks to be back to his lethal self what a game he had and Gerrard as always leading by example.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #342: Mar 11, 2009 08:16:22 am
      If it wasn't for Casillas it could quite easily been 7-0 to night, he ready did manage to wrestle them some semblance on dignity from what was an crushing defeat for them.
      I have to say though it wasn't a pen! not in a mouth of Sundays. But the great man himself must have been looking down on us last night and beaming with pride.
      I can just hear him now "Greet greet, colossal performance"
      YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #343: Mar 11, 2009 08:25:29 am
      To a man awesome

We just blew them away. If we done that every week wed be untouchable. Let the lads out like that Saturday Rafa ad we will stuff the scum. I cant praise any one individual everyone was excellent.

Anfiled was excellent.The noise was unreal. Why cant the crowd do that every game? The difference it must make to the players.

Id say every team left are praying to avoid us  ;D 
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #344: Mar 11, 2009 08:33:21 am
      i'm really lost for words. our performance was just excellent!!
      i may be wrong, but this was our best game in like last 2 seasons. i don't recall when we played this good last time.

Quick Reply