Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v Real Madrid - Match thread

Read 36950 times
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid - Match thread
      Reply #368: Mar 11, 2009 02:55:18 pm
      Well done lads. Lets celebrate for today & tomorrow we must think about manure.

That yesterday's win will defenetly give them a boost for satuday's match
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,704 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #369: Mar 11, 2009 03:01:05 pm
      That yesterday's win will defenetly give them a boost for satuday's match
      Yes I know mate ;) But I think that today our players are off therefore they are to continue celebrating.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #370: Mar 11, 2009 03:14:17 pm
      Spanish media have changed their tune from yesterday....   :f_whistle:

Morning of the game

This is Anfield: And what?

Day after the game

Love it. Even though I don't know what it says. Still love it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #371: Mar 11, 2009 03:19:00 pm
      JD i cant speak a word of spansih but i can still make out that there saying if not for Iker it would be 8-0 and Torres and Gerrard we're superb.

Also 'Liverpool humiliated Los Blancos from the 1st to the 93rd minute'

Cracking stuff.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #372: Mar 11, 2009 03:41:16 pm
      Once again another team underestimates the Anfield factor.

You can tell that they were intimidated.
      Love ths Spanish press :"This is Anfield: And what?"

We certainly showed them exactly what Anfield is about.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #373: Mar 11, 2009 04:08:03 pm
      Brilliant performance......nothing more than you can ask for. What a strange coincidence that our best performance of the season comes when there is an amazing atmosphere at Anfield...  :f_tongueincheek:

I'm confident that Rafa will keep this from going to our head for the upcoming game and the rest of the season. Im a bit concerned that we might be peaking too early. Very few teams have pulverized a team in the knockout rounds and go on to win it. However, we are Liverpool and we enjoy pissing on stats like that...  :kop5cf8koxp6:

But anyway Masch is man of the match for me.......he fuked them up....simple as that...
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #374: Mar 11, 2009 04:20:01 pm
      Im still buzzing just shows what we are capable of,if only we had Stevie and Nando together all season,bring on the mancs on saturday your next.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #375: Mar 11, 2009 04:22:27 pm
      Truly amazing performance, can't really describe it. Wasn't expecting us to thrash them but the players seemed so passionate and eager to put in a good performance which was great to see.

I think Casillas did extremely well, and it could have been so much more worse for them if it wasn't him.

The players will be very confident now and i'm hoping to see the same performance on Saturday.

:clap: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #376: Mar 11, 2009 04:36:44 pm
      What a nite ive just got back to hemel hempstead from liverpool.It was the best night of my life.It was great sitting in the main stand near the madrid fans watching them cry at the end.Not much will top that thank you red men.
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #377: Mar 12, 2009 01:08:57 am
      I really feel for you and yes it was the beautiful game Musu in all it's glory.

For us we played a game that Rael just couldn't live with, the first 30mins was something to live in the memory for a long time,we were awesome (as Stevie G said).

My moment of the match was Nando doing the pass and turn (to himself) and only the most incredible save by Cassilas stopped the goal. Maschas long shot tipped over via the crossbar. Another chance that stevie had to stretch for made the keeper work again. and other saves in between.

Then in between or just after that little lot a long ball by Pepe which Rael let bounce  with one Madrid defender and Nando and Babel or Kuyt chasing it  and before you knew what the defender slipped and The ball was passed to Nando 1 - 0, not long after a ball that Arbeloa (I think) pushed on with his chest and the ball was going pased Heinze who looked like he stopped it with the top of his arm, and what I thought was a pen and was given as a pen, was put away by none other than Stevie G. Looking in slow motion showed it wasn't a pen but who cares they all count and we have had worse given against us now and then.

The second half went like the first, attack with pace, a great cross by Babel after 5 mins or so and the best goal of the night was scored with the side of Stevie G's boot, after that it was a case of seeing out the game and near the end Dosena came on and got in on the act. We had lots of other chances near the end with one incredible save by their keeper. The second half was more a case of what we have we keep and you will not pass....

A mention for Ryan Babel who had a really good game and now I would like to see him take this performance on and give us more of what he can do. Also to Jay Spearing who came on and did well without being overawed. The future looks bright.

Only now and then do you see what Rafa wants of the players and last night they delivered in full, and every one of them deserves a big thanks for making it a night to remember.

I cant do the match justice Musu but I hope this helps in some small way. I hope you get to see the game soon it's well worth watching.....

Thanks Bartman, that was awesome.... gotta love my fellow reds fans!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #378: Mar 12, 2009 05:21:17 am
      Marca, known to be so pro-Madrid was slagging them like no tomorrow.

That perfection on a pitch that was, cant describe it better than that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #379: Mar 12, 2009 06:32:59 am
      Damn, I posted after the match but my computer crashed...looks like I lost my post.  :(

Anyway, what a performance.

Warriors wherever you looked...the starting 11, the subs, Rafa and the crowd were all absolutley amazing last night.

I'm so jealous of all of you who were there. I wish I could have been ...what a night.

The only one thing I was upset about was that Juande Ramos, being 5-0 down on aggregate with 10 or so minutes left, didn't give Jersey Dudek a chance to say a proper farewell to the Anfield faithful. It would have been so nice to see him one more time out on the hallowed turf.
      l2v
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #380: Mar 12, 2009 06:51:21 am
      You can watch the goals again at: http://videos.sapo.pt/BsBa42rHSdMZsMTMM0r6  (More at : http://www.sportgioco.it/calcio/index.php )

And at: http://www17.24h.com.vn/news/detail/297/218997/video-clip-liverpool-real-madrid--sup-do.24h
      (But that language is Vietnamese, so "translate.google.com" is helpful if you can't read. However, just click "play" to watch !)
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2009 07:11:37 am by l2v »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #381: Dec 30, 2010 04:15:03 pm
      Liverpool v Real Madrid
      Tue 10th March 2009 @ 7.45pm
      Anfield

The line-up in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Babel, Kuyt, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Dossena, Ngog, Lucas, Spearing, Kelly.

I think apart from Yossi that's the best line up one can hope for

:clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:

Have a count how many of these players are still available to Roy then try and tell me that the drop down in quality on the pitch is not the managers fault. Not saying we should be world beaters but it is a much better squad than he gives credit and certainly not down to what Rafa left.

Oh they were the days.

Quick Reply