Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Manchester United vs Liverpool - Pre Match

Read 36786 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Manchester United vs Liverpool - Pre Match
      Reply #23: Mar 11, 2009 08:26:14 am
      This match is the real test. Forget Real Madrid. We have to beat United if we are to be within any chance of winning the league. The lads have to be up for it like they were against Real Madrid. We can win it.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Mar 11, 2009 08:33:50 am
      This match is the real test. Forget Real Madrid. We have to beat United if we are to be within any chance of winning the league. The lads have to be up for it like they were against Real Madrid. We can win it.
      If you really believe we can still win it, then come to my place at the weekend and I'll show you the little fairy's at the bottom of my garden!
      and that's particularly amassing considering I live in a second floor flat.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #25: Mar 11, 2009 08:35:46 am
      i think our chances of coming out with a win at old trafford have increased after this brilliant performance against madrid.
      i'm definitely confident we can get a result against manure.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #26: Mar 11, 2009 11:45:41 am
      If the MIGHTY REDS go out against United with the same mindset that they had against Real Madrid we will slaughter them.On that form they are capable of beating any team in the world never mind united.In RAFAS REDS we trust.

Bring it on. Come on the mighty reds! Do us proud once again.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #27: Mar 11, 2009 12:14:43 pm
      CANT WAIT for Saturday, in this mood we will do the scum. They can talk all they want, but I genuinally think they will be worried. Especially Ferdic*** and Vidic. They cant cope with speed and movement, and with Torres in this mood ?.....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Mar 11, 2009 12:58:30 pm
      Just go with the same attitude as last night. Tear into them see what they're made off. Not as good as people think ye know. Id rather have a right go and get caught 1 nil then set out to sit tight and get a nill all. WE HAVE TO WIN. Thats the bottom line
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #29: Mar 11, 2009 01:05:13 pm
      We're going to rip their throat out and then serve it for dinner.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 11, 2009 01:08:46 pm
      play attacking football same as we did with madrid no draw please  only a win will do and demolish them reds
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 11, 2009 01:16:31 pm
      Seeing the form and mentality of he reds during the madrid game,even fergie's father won't be able to beat us.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #32: Mar 11, 2009 01:32:01 pm
      The lads must be buzzing now. Let's hope they give Man United a hard time and let's leave Old Trafford with 3 points.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #33: Mar 11, 2009 01:54:31 pm
      The best thing about tonking real in such style is that i think it should prevent all the rumours that there usually are flying around before a big league match at old trafford. Even Phil Mcnulty has wrote a positive article about us on the BBC  :o

paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #34: Mar 11, 2009 01:59:10 pm
      Saying on Sky Gerrard, Alonso and Masch picked up knocks and are rated doubtful for Saturday. Looked ok to Me after the match though. :mad
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #35: Mar 11, 2009 02:14:13 pm
      SORRY, it is Aurelio  not MASCH, Gerrard and Alonso.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #36: Mar 11, 2009 02:16:56 pm
      14th March,2009 will be remembered by all Barclays Premier League fans(especially Liverpool and ManU fans) as the first home defeat of United in the 2008-09 season.Hoping there will be many more(home as well as away) defeats for United in the coming matches.
      Alfie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #37: Mar 11, 2009 02:43:11 pm
      We got to go to Old Trafford with same attitude we had against Madrid ! Just go for it and attack, we must win. Torres and Gerrard in that sort of mood and we got one hell of achance of winning there. Got to believe in our selves.
      If Yossi fit play him on right , if not how about Babbel on right and Reira on left and attack.
      Got a great feeling, were due a win and Utd. due a lose . Should be a cracker though !
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #38: Mar 11, 2009 02:58:42 pm
      Saying on Sky Gerrard, Alonso and Masch picked up knocks and are rated doubtful for Saturday. Looked ok to Me after the match though. :mad

I seen that (Aurelio not Masch as you said). I'm hoping its media bullshit. Surely three injuries for us so soon to such a big game would warrant more coverage than they're giving? Especially after Gerrards performance (and everyone elses for that matter).
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #39: Mar 11, 2009 03:20:44 pm
      its the usual media bullshit. seemed all right to me after the game.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #40: Mar 11, 2009 03:33:00 pm
      We shouldn't fear Old Trafford. Take the game to United.

I don't think they received knocks. Perhaps media want to keep Fergie guessing ???????
      beerdog
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -3 
      Reply #41: Mar 11, 2009 04:03:04 pm

After that buzzing win at Anfield against Real Madrid, do the Reds have the momentum and mentality to beat Premier League leaders, Manchester United at Old Trafford to keep their title hopes alive?

I believe we can. We haven't won at Old Trafford since Danny Murphy's single goal back in the 2003/2004 season. It's like the time we haven't won at Stamford Bridge. Let's hope this hoo doo is broken off this Saturday.

We've just gone through the quarter-finals of the Champions League and now let's beat Manchester United and we can have a really positive end to the season.

--------------------------------------------Reina--------------------------------------------------

Arbeloa-----------------Skrtel---------------------------Carragher-----------------Aurelio

Kuyt---------------------Mascherano---------------------Alonso-------------------Babel

-----------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Torres---------------------------------------------------

Probably our strongest 11 at the moment with Benayoun likely to sit out. I think Babel should start ahead of Riera for this. His confidence seems to be coming back. Alonso, Gerrard and Torres were substituted out at the 60th,70th and 82nd minute. All look injury free.

COME ON REDS, BEAT THE SCUMS
      i feel quite confident we are going to roll over them scum.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #42: Mar 11, 2009 05:00:44 pm
      Praying for Extra time and penalties tonight with a Inter win ,but after last night thats just being too greedy.Surely we cant beat Real and Man U in the same week can we?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #43: Mar 11, 2009 05:35:22 pm
      I tell you what, they'll be shitting it after seeing Torres last night.

Hopefully they'll be dumped out of the Champions League tonight and we can take advantage. Although, I think we can beat them whatever happens.

I'm really confident about the tie now.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #44: Mar 11, 2009 06:03:56 pm
      The Mancs are hoping for the quintuple, I see post as to whether its make or break for Rafa. On the contrary, its all the pressure on them to live up to the expectation. We played Madrid with relative ease last night, and I know tonight they'll have to battle hard to squeeze the result from Inter.

Rafa will definitely go on the attack, it makes no sense wasting the supreme form Gerrard and Torres are in right now by defending. Masch and Xabi will be the key though, if they boss the midfield as they will. It gonna give Gerrard to license to stay along side Torres. They have seen what they will be up against and will be in weary of a similar performance by us. It kinda hard if to think they really trust to play an open game with our players on such form. I figure they'll sit back and hope to sustain the pressure.

Saddened that Benayoun is injured hopefully he's back for this game. As much as how Kuyt stayed wide and really assisted in that game. Benny is more like to cause an offensive problem to Manure's defense.  

The season is not over, let's get it done!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Mar 11, 2009 06:08:34 pm
      From now on it is definitely every match is a final, starting from vs manure onwards. Rafa should start with the same team.

Quick Reply