Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 116728 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #184: Jan 03, 2015 10:05:31 am
      Not quite LFC but I'm in The Marriot in Worsley and the Nottingham Forest squad is here. Wouldn't mind seeing Stuart Pearce. Bit of a legend.

Met him years back at the City Ground. Went to school with an old mate of mine. By all accounts he was a very good cricketer as well.

Back to LFC.

Saw Houllier and his squad circa 2004 in Bangkok. Shook Hyypia's hand, got autographs from him, D. Murphy, Riise and a fair few others I can't remember right now, oh, and Diouf.   :-[

Got a wave from Gerrard, but didn't get near him or Owen at the time. Henchoz was a miserable munt.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #185: Jan 03, 2015 04:42:31 pm
      Met him years back at the City Ground. Went to school with an old mate of mine. By all accounts he was a very good cricketer as well.

Back to LFC.

Saw Houllier and his squad circa 2004 in Bangkok. Shook Hyypia's hand, got autographs from him, D. Murphy, Riise and a fair few others I can't remember right now, oh, and Diouf.   :-[

Got a wave from Gerrard, but didn't get near him or Owen at the time. Henchoz was a miserable munt.

Did see him this morning on his mobile out front. Sheffield Wednesday here now. Struggling to recognise any name of note in their squad besides Chris Kirkland. Seen Big Mick McCarthy last time I was here with Ipswich as well. Must be the place for teams to stay when playing in Manc land.

And what were you doing in Bangkok? .......
      MsGerrard
      Reply #186: Jan 03, 2015 09:13:13 pm

And what were you doing in Bangkok? .......

You shouldn't ask those kind of questions WAHS :P

I had a nice brief chat with Kenny Dalglish a few weeks ago at the Basel game  :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #187: Jan 03, 2015 10:50:53 pm
      You shouldn't ask those kind of questions WAHS :P

I had a nice brief chat with Kenny Dalglish a few weeks ago at the Basel game  :D

Really? That's amazing. I would have been a stuttering mess.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #188: Jan 03, 2015 10:54:44 pm
      Really? That's amazing. I would have been a stuttering mess.

:) He was parked up by the anfield rd end, some knob was shouting his name....the bizzies moved him on, I stepped in  :o got my phone out and he wound his window down, I shook his hand and asked if I could take his picture...his answer - aye  :laugh: had a brief chat about the game and wished him all the best....top man he was xxx
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #189: Mar 06, 2015 10:17:35 pm
      Alberto Moreno in Sapporo on Duke Street just now. Not sure if this counts but I'm not there but my mate is and has just sent photographic evidence. I'll re-tweet it if he has tweeted it which I'm sure he has/will
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #190: Mar 06, 2015 11:05:45 pm
      1) After the match at Villa in 95 Robbie Fowler was signing autographs, I was waiting patiently for him to sign my programme, when he just missed me out completely, I was absolutely devastated!

2) After the semi at OT in 2006 we went for a drink in some restaurant and we saw Ian Rush, i had my photograph taken with him, using my phone, but the camera phones back then weren't that great, you couldn't really make him or me out on the photo.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #191: Mar 11, 2015 12:40:03 pm
      when we had Colleymore playing i went the training ground to get autographs from all the players, as i'm the doppleganger of Phill Babb i was spotted and asked by him if i wanted a lift home.
      I only live in Canny Farm so wanst far but Shoot mag was there and took a pic of me in this convertable Audi,Colleymore was driving and we took the long way down princess ave then page moss and all the way round to canny farm with me and me mate in the back waving. when i got home STan gave me a pair of diadora boots and socks and phil babb gave me a training top which he signed and both posed for photos outside mine. it was the days before selfie's and smart phones so only proof i have is the cutting from the Shoot mag.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #192: Mar 11, 2015 12:45:36 pm
      Ex red Martin Kelly has now been to the Alex three or four times. Absolutely smashing fella too, very quiet and generally drinks mineral water etc.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #193: Mar 11, 2015 01:00:40 pm
      when we had Colleymore playing i went the training ground to get autographs from all the players, as i'm the doppleganger of Phill Babb i was spotted and asked by him if i wanted a lift home.
      I only live in Canny Farm so wanst far but Shoot mag was there and took a pic of me in this convertable Audi,Colleymore was driving and we took the long way down princess ave then page moss and all the way round to canny farm with me and me mate in the back waving. when i got home STan gave me a pair of diadora boots and socks and phil babb gave me a training top which he signed and both posed for photos outside mine. it was the days before selfie's and smart phones so only proof i have is the cutting from the Shoot mag.

Collymore with two blokes in a car and ne'er a dirty old trout with no knickers gettin rammed over the bonnet of an XR3i?

We want proof!

Show us the cut out! ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #194: Mar 11, 2015 04:29:31 pm
      Collymore with two blokes in a car and ne'er a dirty old trout with no knickers gettin rammed over the bonnet of an XR3i?

We want proof!

Show us the cut out! ;)
      haha i've still got the mental scars and a funny walk now.... he's a big lad :f_tongueincheek:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #195: Apr 01, 2015 05:10:35 pm
      Tony Hibbert on my train to London yesterday with some under 21 Everton players and today coming back seen Ian Rush and Stan Collymore in the First Class lounge at Euston and then Collymore on the train back until he got off at Stafford. Bit of a unit is Stan. Wouldn't F**k with him like.
      AllSaintsEvo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #196: Apr 06, 2015 07:34:32 pm
      A few years back I was friends with a successful local businessman who decided to sponsor a match featuring an International All Stars XI versus an XI from the local non league clubs, all in aid of charity. Somehow I ended up with the job of fronting the event on the day as my friend was a shy type and wasn't really into footie. My duties on the day included meeting and greeting these football "greats" of the past which included Dave Watson, Mick Mills, Archie Gemmill, Don Masson, John Robertson, Phil Parkes and most significantly to me, Phil Neal ...oh there was also a couple of United lads there who's names I can't remember... ;D
      I remember being really nervous at how to handle proceedings, not having had any experience of this sort of thing, and bearing in mind some of these players were still relatively big names at the time I was terrified of screwing it up somehow.
      Anyway as it worked out I shouldn't have worried as when the big names arrived they were totally normal guys, laughing and joking, taking the p*ss out of each other, and obviously enjoying the get together with old mates.
      That worked for me so I left them to it and just made sure tea and coffee was on hand while I generally soaked up the atmosphere.
      After a while they split into little groups and sat chatting away at various tables, I recall there was a cloud of ciggy smoke over the Scots lads table, with John Robertson chain smoking Silk Cut.... funny the things you remember.
      Anyhow I noticed Phil Neal and Phil Parkes sitting together and I couldn't resist wandering over to try and grab a few words with Neal. After introducing myself I wasn't slow in telling him that I was a rabid red and we ended up talking about some of the big LFC moments, mostly involving him funnily enough. ;D
      So we sat chatting away and he was quite funny as well which for some reason I found really surprising as I had always got the impression that he was a bit of a serious sort.
      Feeling more confident I got a bit bolder and asked why he had really gone from the club.
      Now he had not long left LFC to go to Bolton after Kenny had taken over and I said that it was a surprise that he had left the clubs coaching team to take the job and it must have been tough to leave after so many years.
       I will freely admit I was being naughty with the question because it was widely rumoured at the time that something had happened behind the scenes and he had left in a strop.
      The mood changed instantly and he made a comment that there were things that had gone on that had made him leave and it would all come out in the future that he had been stitched up and promises had been broken, or words to that effect.
       I felt a bit awkward and sort of wished I hadn't brought it up so I turned to Phil Parkes and said "Do you miss playing for The Hammers lad?", and he just looked at me and went "well I didn't yesterday when we played against....." (???? can't remember the team he said). It transpired that he had retired, which I knew, but West Ham had persuaded him to come back and play some weeks previously, which I clearly didn't know, and he had played the day before in a league match and they had been stuffed!!
      Suffice to say I got mildly ripped into and I felt a total divvy but at least it lightened the mood. Parkes as well was an absolute cracker of a big fella.
      In later times I read that Neal resented Dalglish getting the job that he thought he was down for and insisted on calling him Kenny when everybody else called him Boss, just to wind him up and make some sort of point. I understand that he ended up becoming a bit of a pain about it all and was eased out of the club. His comments made sense when I read that but it was a sad end really for all concerned.
       Anyway I was made up with with the chance to speak to one of my heroes and I have to say he was a top guy for the way he behaved for the whole day, as they all were to be fair.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #197: May 01, 2015 01:13:52 pm
      Dejan Lovren just walked past me and my mate through all of the protest crowd on Castle Street and headed into San Carlo.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #198: May 01, 2015 01:16:02 pm
      Dejan Lovren just walked past me and my mate through all of the protest crowd on Castle Street and headed into San Carlo.
      tell him to go order some balls with a side of leadership
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #199: May 01, 2015 02:28:48 pm
      Saw Dani Pacheco in Allerton Tesco buying strawberries with his lass a few years back. It was winter but she only had denim shorts on. Nobody complained :D

F*** me, I saw Litmanen with his ridicilously fit girl in the very same Tesco a when I lived in Liverpool some 13/14 years back. She wasn't wearing much either.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #200: May 01, 2015 02:30:38 pm
      tell him to go order some balls with a side of leadership

I'd like to see you tell him that.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #201: May 01, 2015 02:59:54 pm
      I'd like to see you tell him that.

He looks like a hard bastid...plays like a girl though
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #202: May 01, 2015 10:22:53 pm

Here is my brush with the Liverpool players.It is a Faithful coco broom and she is a beauty. A by-product of coconut harvesting, natural coco brushes are softer compared to other natural brooms, but still provide good sweeping characteristics. The Faithfull soft coco brooms are for use in dry conditions. It comes complete with handle and metal stay with the following dimensions:
      600mm (24 inch).

It's ideal for large areas such as yards, Garages, changing rooms etc. The broom is fitted with a strong wood handle and is held rigged by an all steel stay.

Brendan and the committee are currently in contract negotiations with her to line up as a replacement for Mignolet. Due to the modernisation of the keepers role in modern football Brendan sees her as a future Neuer. A 'sweeper keeper' if you like.

She is lovely, don't you think?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #203: May 01, 2015 10:27:33 pm

Here is my brush with the Liverpool players.It is a Faithful coco broom and she is a beauty. A by-product of coconut harvesting, natural coco brushes are softer compared to other natural brooms, but still provide good sweeping characteristics. The Faithfull soft coco brooms are for use in dry conditions. It comes complete with handle and metal stay with the following dimensions:
      600mm (24 inch).

It's ideal for large areas such as yards, Garages, changing rooms etc. The broom is fitted with a strong wood handle and is held rigged by an all steel stay.

Brendan and the committee are currently in contract negotiations with her to line up as a replacement for Mignolet. Due to the modernisation of the keepers role in modern football Brendan sees her as a future Neuer. A 'sweeper keeper' if you like.

She is lovely, don't you think?

:D

Could have chose a better starting 11 though. We must have got beat in whatever game that was.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #204: May 01, 2015 10:36:29 pm

Could have chose a better starting 11 though. We must have got beat in whatever game that was.

Was the first picture Google threw up mate. She is a beauty though.  ;D
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #205: May 01, 2015 10:44:15 pm

I'm pretty sure that's at the Bernabeu :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #206: May 01, 2015 10:49:47 pm

Quick Reply