Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 115965 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #46: Nov 23, 2007 01:47:14 pm
      One more I'm afraid...

Met King Kenny and all his family on a golf course in Jo'burg (Pinewoods resort) during a pro-am golf tournament about 3 years back - I was working in S.A. at the time and through work got a VIP pass into the club house.

Gary Lineker amongst many others also there... complete pr**k btw... on the look out for talent... if you know what I mean... not surprised his marriage is now over... but anyway back to K.K...

Kenny was superb to me and my work mates... it was a hot sunny afternoon and we had all been drinking all day when Kenny walks into the club house after his round ...and I start off a rendition of YNWA... the whole club house and Kenny himself joined in!!!

Class moment, Class man. Nice family too!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Nov 26, 2007 06:16:50 pm
      Ive met Didi in Pod on Allerton Road twice when play for us about three years ago - a real nice approachable fella  oh and yeh he smokes marlborough lights!
      Ive met John Barns about five times but only after he finished playin for us an got very fat!!, and he also had a bash at me birds niece.
      Ive met xabi about twenty times as he lives in the same block as me in the dock he's seems a nice fella but doesn't say much. I met his mum and dad on boxin day last christmas again in the lift - real nice people.
      Oh and Arteta lives in the same block, but he can fu*k off   his birds a dream >:D!!!
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007 06:23:30 pm by neilh2105 »
      S-A-M-U-E-L-T
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | -13 
      • LIVERPOOL!
      Reply #48: Dec 08, 2007 11:19:40 am
      I met steven gerrard at alton towers with his wife, alex. said high to him and he said high back. it was a good moment and one that i will never forget.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #49: Mar 12, 2009 05:30:36 pm
      Don't know if I've posted before, but I've shook hands with Rafa  ;) ;D

Didnt wash my hand for days !!  :lmao:

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #50: Mar 12, 2009 05:35:02 pm
      Saw Gerrard in the Trafford centre and Mascherano shopping in Liverpool :)
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #51: Mar 12, 2009 06:12:53 pm
      ive met the players of all eras during my time,1971 to present,  But the two that stand out are [1] 1990 the last time we won the title Me and a couple of workmates bought winning tickets to the game we actually won the title against Q.P.R. In with the prize was a 5 course meal,limo to and from ground, Directors box tickets, access to players lounge before and after game, and ended up in the dressing room for a few minutes! Amazing . [2] The other was en listening to tapes all theon an away trip to Derbys Baseball Ground. Unknown to us the game had been called off at 11.30, so when we pulled up to the ground we were surprised to see Roy Evans bringing the Kit skip back on the coach. We asked Roy ' whats going on' and he told us the pitch was waterlogged, only we hadnt heard the news coz wed been listening to tapes all the way! So We followed the coach back to the Post House Hotel, Nottingham, and fully expected to be stopped, especially as I could see the shape of this big bloke who I presumed to be Security through some frosted glass. Turns out it was John Barnes who saw my Liverpool top and welcomed us in. As we went in all the players were coming through from breakfast. All the squad from the Aldo, Rush,Barnes , Beardsley days. One of the best in my opinion. Great Memories.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #52: Mar 12, 2009 06:18:52 pm
      By the way you should have seen the amount of ale they had piled ud by the bar for the hour and an half trip home! That was Alan Hansen sorting that with help from Ronnie Whelan!! :o
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #53: Mar 12, 2009 06:34:07 pm
      Was working with a film crew at Sedgefield Racecourse in 1985 (phew).One of me mates pointed out Terry Mac (he was standing about 20 ft away)I said "I played in the same school team with him"They said the usual sh**e like you scousers are all the same everyones your cousin (makin ref to the Beatles etc etc)Well feelin a bit nervous ( had'nt seen Terry for 18 yrs) I approached him, to my supprise and that of my mates/colleagues he said "I know you don't I ? your from Kirkby"We got chatting about school footie & stuff.Then turning to the gob smacked Tw**s i gave them a well deserved 2 finger salute.  :f_whistle:
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #54: Mar 12, 2009 06:45:10 pm
      I see a lot of the older players here in Heswall and if you let on to them they always acknowledge. I always beep my horn at John Barnes and he always waves he must think I'm a nutter.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #55: Mar 12, 2009 06:54:11 pm
      I see a lot of the older players here in Heswall and if you let on to them they always acknowledge. I always beep my horn at John Barnes and he always waves he must think I'm a nutter.
      Yeah mate, Used to see him all the time taking his kids to school in Birkenhead School.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Which current or recent liverpool players have you met :)
      Reply #56: Oct 17, 2009 10:34:49 pm
      lets try and take our minds of that stupid beachball and think about something else :)

Iv met a few liverpool players last year

Alonso
      Insua
      Kuyt
      Keane
      Arbeloa
      Itange   :f_steam:
      Spearing
      gulacsi
      martin
      sissoko

Who have you met :) ?
      MsGerrard
      Re: Which current or recent liverpool players have you met :)
      Reply #57: Oct 17, 2009 10:36:45 pm
      I've only met Pepe Reina, but I've met loads of Liverpool Legends like Kenny Dalglish and lots of others.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Oct 17, 2009 10:38:15 pm
      Met the whole team back in 2000. Also met a few players over the years around the stadium.

Holidayed at the same time and place as Salif Diao.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #59: Oct 17, 2009 10:39:44 pm
      Holidayed at the same time and place as Salif Diao.

Hahaha brilliant ! did you talk to him ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #60: Oct 17, 2009 10:41:35 pm
      Hahaha brilliant ! did you talk to him ?

A little bit but his Enlgish wasn't good and the people he was with would get shitty if you tried talking to him.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #61: Oct 17, 2009 10:42:18 pm
      John Aldrige is the only footballer i met,i met Foster Gillet, he came over to a group of us and introduced himself we all started laughing and told him F**k off and tell your father to sell up and by an ice hockey team or something
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #62: Oct 17, 2009 10:43:19 pm
      A little bit but his Enlgish wasn't good and the people he was with would get shitty if you tried talking to him.
      well there isnt many people who can say they have had a conversation with THE Salif Diao
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #63: Oct 17, 2009 10:44:43 pm
      lets try and take our minds of that stupid beachball and think about something else :)

I actually played a game off football with beachball last year
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #64: Oct 17, 2009 10:45:13 pm
      well there isnt many people who can say they have had a conversation with THE Salif Diao

I don't view it as much of an achievement. :laugh:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #65: Oct 17, 2009 10:47:17 pm
      How did you meet Alonso?
      We should probably give details on how we met them as well :D

I met Jamie Carragher like 3 weeks ago. Even have a picture with him! That made me week.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #66: Oct 17, 2009 10:49:22 pm
      I have met Stevie G,Carra but have met a lot more of the ex players like King Kenny,Emlyn Hughes,Tommy Smith and Jimmy Case.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #67: Oct 17, 2009 11:03:40 pm
      met Xabi alonso and all the other players mentioned outside melwood at about half 8 in the morning :D
      gareth_lfc_belfast
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #68: Oct 18, 2009 08:02:48 am
      cant say ive met any recent ones did meet steve mcmanaman once when liverpool played in the carlsberg cup in belfast against benfica we drew that game by the way 2-2

but me pride and joy is a signed kenny daglish top when he was in belfast doing some charity work got him to sign me liverpool top happy 21st birth day gareth from your man king kenny :)

Quick Reply