Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 116632 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #92: Oct 20, 2009 09:54:04 am

Looks like at the entrance of Cafe Sports England.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #93: Oct 20, 2009 09:57:58 am
      Also saw Gerrard in the Trafford Centre once, he was with a few mates.

That was years ago, can't believe I didn't go over. Then again I was no way near as interested back then as I am now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #94: Oct 20, 2009 10:05:05 am

Looks like at the entrance of Cafe Sports England.

Spot on.

Nice photo Ad.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #95: Oct 20, 2009 10:07:09 am
      Boooo!! I think I'll only be going there on the 23 Nov which is a Monday.

The thing is I probably wouldn't be able to catch Carra even I go to the restaurant, cause they've flown out to play Debrecen away! :mad:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #96: Oct 20, 2009 10:09:18 am

What are you talking about , AussieRed? :P You met him too! ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #97: Oct 20, 2009 10:11:34 am
      What are you talking about , AussieRed? :P You met him too! ;)

Yeah me and you have mate, not sure ROF will though by the sounds of it  ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #98: Oct 20, 2009 10:16:59 am
      Yeah, I actually planned where to go. We played Leeds United on Tuesday and the next game was Saturday so I went on Wednesday and Thursday. I actually saw Carra both times but I was hoping to see Nando or someone the second time.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #99: Oct 20, 2009 10:33:59 am
      Yeah, I actually planned where to go. We played Leeds United on Tuesday and the next game was Saturday so I went on Wednesday and Thursday. I actually saw Carra both times but I was hoping to see Nando or someone the second time.

Then it's good for you but not for me.

Cause I have to go warm my cousin's house in Oxford on Sunday. Which rules me out on that date!! :mad:
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #100: Oct 20, 2009 10:54:50 am
      I was at melwood i think i was about 14 at the time, there was a thing in the ECHO at the time to have your picture taken with the first team for five quid ,i got there nice and early with my little autograph book dont laugh we all had one ,filling my book up rapidly i was in heaven the only one missing was the KING himself ,the next thing the big red gates opened and in he came in his little black golf gti no baby bentleys in them days i took off like usain botl to catch only to fall ending up with a massive cut on my knee full of gravel with blood everywhere ,i was taken into the treatment room to be seen to by one of the medics while i was being treated the ikes of SOUY ,CLEMENCE ,KING KENNY,RAY KENNEDY ,CASE ,HANSEN ,THOMO all came in to see me with all the oos and aaaarrrs as they were taking the gravel out of my cut i didnt feel a thing as i was in dreamland with my heros.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #101: Oct 20, 2009 11:48:24 am
      I was in Manchester Airport about 7/8 years ago in the early hours of the morning and I just went for a walk to look for some toilets and I turned a corner and there was the whole Liverpool team. The only paper that i could get was my little sisters pink drawing book so I quickly grabbed it off her and got everyone to sign it. I was about 11/12 at the time so I was so excited and I got to talk to my childhood hero, Michael (Judas) Owen. I still have that book and its got the signatures of the full team and the managers etc.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #102: Oct 20, 2009 11:55:15 am
      I was in Manchester Airport about 7/8 years ago in the early hours of the morning and I just went for a walk to look for some toilets and I turned a corner and there was the whole Liverpool team. The only paper that i could get was my little sisters pink drawing book so I quickly grabbed it off her and got everyone to sign it. I was about 11/12 at the time so I was so excited and I got to talk to my childhood hero, Michael (Judas) Owen. I still have that book and its got the signatures of the full team and the managers etc.

At that age I would have wet myself!

Good story.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #103: Jul 12, 2010 11:57:11 am
      i met stevie g outside anfield before the united game last season, he was with his missus and he signed my shirt, had like 3 security guards with him, and alex cakes herself in make up! , but i said can u sign my shirt, he said #"yeah mate" and shook my hand afterwards...quality, its now framed on my wall.

i've heard u can generally get signatures after games if u wait behind the annie road stand?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #104: Jul 12, 2010 12:31:10 pm
      I went to Anfield 2 seasons ago VIP after knowning this women who works for Lucozade.

Went up and Howard Gayle hosted the night, rubbed shoulders with Mark Lawro, Phil Thompson. Being only 17 at the time I felt so great.

I had the whole team of LFC + Chelsea walk past me within 2m of me walking past including coaching staff.

At the end of the night I saw the chelsea team bus and they had built in sky and were watching the music channels, I did laugh as Drogba had his headphones on and was at the back seat with some big headphones on jamming away after the game.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #105: Jul 12, 2010 02:22:56 pm
      Oh My God- Some of these stories are great!

I wish i had one to tell :(

If i wouldnt get a lifetime ban from premier league matches- i would have jumped Torres a long time ago!
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #106: Jul 12, 2010 03:04:58 pm
      I met John Barnes and Phil Neal at a fan club do. Made a fookin show of meself by gettin absaloutley hammered n fallin up to John Barnes and explaining to him in an incredibly sloppy fashion what an honour it was to meet him.....still cringe when I think of that!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #107: Jul 12, 2010 03:33:31 pm
      My school had been invited to play in a North-West schools football tournament held in Liverpool (i am from Manchester) about 3-4 years ago and i was told by my p.e teacher that there was going to be a nice surprise for me during the tournament by my teacher and low and behold, Xabi Alonso turned up with 4 body guards and as a fan i was amazed and immdediately wanted a picture and autograph, the bodyguards wouldn't let me near him but he was the nicest of people and accepted my requests in the nicest possible manner.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #108: Jul 12, 2010 04:11:27 pm
      Unfortunate to have only met Darren Fletcher.. Was playing poker against him at Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham a day before the Leeds game where they lost ;D, he was out injured but got called up on the night to play the next day. Really nice bloke in real life, brought me a drink and everything! :D .. Kinda dislike the guy on the pitch though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #109: Jul 12, 2010 07:32:57 pm
      I brushed up against Torres once, unsurprisingly I got wood. ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #110: Jul 12, 2010 08:11:48 pm
      My first encounter with an LFC player was Steve Heighway.  It would have been 1972 and he was presenting the end of year awards at my school's presentation.  Me and my mates were there helping out, greeting parents and visitors and showing them where to go etc.  Everyone was queueing up to get autographs and I didn't know why, I had no idea who he was at the time.

I still got his autograph though  ;D

I've also met Phil Thompson, Mark Lawrenson and Michael Robinson through my work as secretary of my local football club.  Part of my job was booking guest speakers for sportsmans dinners or to do the presentations, that's how I met Lawro and Robinson.  I met Phil when he was guest speaker at a League meeting.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #111: Jul 12, 2010 08:11:48 pm
      while I was at school I used to see Barnsey, Molby & Grobbs most mornings dropping their kids off.

my cousin's little fella played junior footy with Jason McAteer's little brother & jason would regularly watch (he was a Trotters player at the time)

went to uni at Salford & worked in an Irish bar in Manchester city centre that was regularly frequented by the dirty mancs, one Xmas, pretty much the whole first team (barring Cantona & Fergie) were in. while serving Steve Bruce a pint of Guinness, I took great plessure in telling him & Brian McClair exactly what I thought of them & their team!

living in cumbria now, I rarely get to bump in to anyone but last year Hansen & Lawro were both in Morrisons in Penrith (officially the most expensive Morrisons in the country!)

and I know for a fact that Gary Neville's mam DOES take it up the shi**er!

4 years too late but man I've been in that Morrissons tonnes of times whenever I've been on holiday in Cumbria!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #112: Jul 13, 2010 12:16:36 am
      Too add to my list of brushes with football players (even though this one isnt a Liverpool player), Michael Johnson of Man City was presenting trophies to the winners and runners up of the teams in my local league 4-5 years ago, a season before he broke into the first team i think it was. i was on the winners list. :D
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #113: Jul 13, 2010 12:25:29 am
      Where do I start with this one? I won't mention my professional contact with Liverpool players because that would be cheating.

I do however have a very good friend of mine who used to be on Liverpools books by the name of Jon Otsemobor, not sure how many of you will recognise his name.

I met Steven Wright in Wade Smith a few years ago.

I have been on a night out with most of the ressies from when Jon was still playing for us, Harry Kewell was out with us.

I met Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Fernando Morientes in HMV buying football manager a few years ago too.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #114: Jul 13, 2010 12:30:13 am
      At that age I would have wet myself!

Good story.
      I'd wet myself now :)

Quick Reply